Post-Game Talk: Hutch gets 1st win

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Can you imagine if the coaching change wasn’t made? The Leafs still have some warts but they’re damn entertaining to watch. Many of us on here called for in-game adjustments, even trying Matthews with Marner if the lines weren’t working. But that knucklehead former coach would say they have to grind and figure it out on their own. What kind of coaching is that???

It’s amazing how many decisions Keefe has made that I agree with and I was thinking beforehand they should do. The latest being leaving Tima in the lineup in place of Spezza. The lineup changes in-game were genius. It was obvious that Nylander and Kapanen were coasting and the dynamic duo of Mika and Engvall we’re flying. Keefe might be the best thing to have happened to the Leafs since they won the lottery.

This board would be in full tank-mode if Babs was still here lmao

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
Indeed. Seems like there were a lot of Mike Babcock fans - but not Leafs fans.

The icing on the cake is these were the stooges who dumped on all of our guys for not being team players, repeatedly preaching "the name on the front>the name on the back," now they only show their faces to dump on Dubas after losses. So who are the team players here?

They acted like people who saw the true potential of this team being held back were the negative ones, meanwhile the Leafs iced boring, mediocre hockey and they didn't think better was possible.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
It's weird that beating the worst team in the league feels like such a big win.

TML11

Feb 11, 2017
Interesting fact.

Zach Hyman brought in by Mark Hunter in a trade for Greg McKegg. His only move as Interim GM in the time between Nonis and Lou.

The "grinder" impressed Babcock and stepped in and won a role on the Leafs top line and has developed ever since.

True story.
we should have had hunter from th e get go. also coached Marner ,,,,,

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
we should have had hunter from th e get go. also coached Marner ,,,,,

Yes but you can’t say anything nice about progress for players like Kadri, Hyman, Marner.

That JT signed here. That Andersen also chastised his mates for lack of effort

Babcock was all bad. All the time.

What I find weird is that possession posters seem to hate Babcock’s dump and chase yet his Corsi numbers are better than Keefe’s.

Perhaps there is some skewed remembering going on.

Reactions: MyBudJT and TML11

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Interesting fact.

Zach Hyman brought in by Mark Hunter in a trade for Greg McKegg. His only move as Interim GM in the time between Nonis and Lou.

The "grinder" impressed Babcock and stepped in and won a role on the Leafs top line and has developed ever since.

True story.

Mark Hunter was Co-GM with Dubas at the time and they also were responsible for the Kessel trade.

Reactions: qqaz and TML11

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Yes but you can’t say anything nice about progress for players like Kadri, Hyman, Marner.

That JT signed here. That Andersen also chastised his mates for lack of effort

Babcock was all bad. All the time.

What I find weird is that possession posters seem to hate Babcock’s dump and chase yet his Corsi numbers are better than Keefe’s.

Perhaps there is some skewed remembering going on.

You really are all in on the anti-Dubas, anti-Keefe rhetoric aren't you?

I think "possession" posters is a strange term. I never see anyone evaluate based on only Corsi now.

Take a look at how they've done in terms of HDCF%, xGF%, SCA/60, PP% and PK%. Those are the numbers people are interested in, and Keefe is blowing Babcock out of the water.

Last edited:

hobarth

Jul 10, 2011
Yes. Acknowledged.

Of the two, who do you think did the grunt work of evaluating the player?

Exactly, Hunter was the superior player evaluator, probably, but every time I watch a game TO's GM, and it doesn't matter who, is also watching the game. Why isn't the GM out scouting? Why have a superior talent evaluator being confined to watching the Leafs as all GMs do. What we needed from Hunter was him being a scout not a GM. I have issues with a lot of his draft choice selections as size never seemed to be an issue, it should have been more a part of the selection process. I think a GM is more of an organizer than an actual scout.

You really are all in on the anti-Dubas, anti-Keefe rhetoric aren't you?

I think "possession" posters is a strange term. I never see anyone evaluate based on only Corsi now.

Take a look at how they've done in terms of HDCF%, xGF%, SCA/60, PP% and PK%. Those are the numbers people are interested in, and Keefe is blowing Babcock out of the water.

Those are all good tools as well but my eyes are telling me that TO looks way better and the greatest evaluation tool is results.

Reactions: Merrrlin

Deuce Awesome

Feb 23, 2010
Have they announced the Muzzin suspension and ignored the two AA suspendable instances, yet?

I went over to the Detroit board to see if there was anything. Shouldn't have lol. I get being a homer but man some people take things a little far. Was going to reply then remember you can't really do that.

Careful boys we've been put on notice! AA Samuelsson is coming for all the knee's!

AA came out next shift and put Toronto on notice. You want to go after our heads, we can go after your knees. Then he folded the guy that came after him.

Not only was this good for the team, but it was good for AA's trade value. He didn't go out and start anything, but he wasn't gonna sit around and let Toronto put the entire 1st line on IR.

Reactions: LeafChief

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
65f0e19395d401a7c0ef42b8cee6f8f9.300x229x1.png

Reactions: Merrrlin

kb

Aug 28, 2009
10-4 under Keefe....shows immediately how good coaching can turn a team's fortunes around completely.

Reactions: TML11 and Jozay

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
10-4 under Keefe....shows immediately how good coaching can turn a team's fortunes around completely.

Yeah, Hyman and Marner getting healthy, and getting great goaltending had NOTHING to do with it.... :sarcasm:

Reactions: TML11

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
It's weird that beating the worst team in the league feels like such a big win.

Babcock wouldve iced the coldest 4th line and do the same thing ad nauseum and the Wings wouldve gained momentum and tied the game.

Thats Babs hockey.
And when it blows up. Its Nylanders fault for not being a Gud Pro

LMAO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad