HUT Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I’m confused about the diamond packs from pre order.. I’ve only gotten them right when the game came out and then noticed 2 more like 3 weeks ago and haven’t seen since.. IIRC they did them once a week in previous years didn’t they?

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
I’m confused about the diamond packs from pre order.. I’ve only gotten them right when the game came out and then noticed 2 more like 3 weeks ago and haven’t seen since.. IIRC they did them once a week in previous years didn’t they?
two packs at the beginning of each month. October's came a little early

Reactions: Joey Moss

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Player ratings in this games are so inaccurate its ridiculous.

I was just cruising through the Stars players and,

According to EA, Joe Pavelski is faster and a better skater than Miro Heiskanen, Denis Gurianov, and Roope Hintz (who apparently doesn't even have a card in HUT?).

Also why is Cale Makar already the same rating as Heiskanen and with much better skating?? The fact that these games are made by people who clearly don't watch hockey is frustrating. Maybe it's just they couldn't care less about the Stars or that they don't know or follow their players at all, or maybe it's just mostly made to appeal to Canadian fans, but man it's bad. I'm sure this is an issue with quite a few teams players. Why can't they just make it like Fifa and actually adjust players speed to fit how they actually are rather than just lower it to fit their overall rating

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
I have 1 Diamond Player Choice Pack in my unopened packs. Thought we weren't supposed to get them until Nov. 1?!

Dylonus

May 4, 2009
Pittsburgh
Literally got only 80 or 81 base golds in my diamond pack. Absolutely nothing else at all.

I'm not surprised one bit. I got lucky once and I'm not going to get shit the rest of the year.

Grazzy

Sep 29, 2012
I really can't stand the backwards skating exploit, the second you start playing in Rivals it's so common in the higher divisions. I liked in the beta how you would lose the puck when doing that. Anybody know why they didn't follow through with that?

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
So, what exactly is the difference between the two Dion Phaneuf Heavy Hitters trade-in set's?! One is with all the Gold Players and one is with no Gold Players. Is one better than the other?!

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Honestly, really not enjoying HUT this year. The events have been super lame IMO, nothing fun like Halloween with a beast Chara or anything. Squad Battles was interesting for a bit but it's so dull playing the AI. Rivals seems interesting, kind of, but a little confusing. The CS have just felt random.

The gameplay is horrible, IMO. I actually like the feel of the game, it feels authentic, but the results feel super scripted. I was against ice tilt for so long, but this year I'm ready to admit. The games feel super tilty, including tons of comebacks where you either get all the luck or can't do anything at all.

ManWithNoName

Unregistered User
Jul 9, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden
Player ratings in this games are so inaccurate its ridiculous.

I was just cruising through the Stars players and,

According to EA, Joe Pavelski is faster and a better skater than Miro Heiskanen, Denis Gurianov, and Roope Hintz (who apparently doesn't even have a card in HUT?).

Also why is Cale Makar already the same rating as Heiskanen and with much better skating?? The fact that these games are made by people who clearly don't watch hockey is frustrating. Maybe it's just they couldn't care less about the Stars or that they don't know or follow their players at all, or maybe it's just mostly made to appeal to Canadian fans, but man it's bad. I'm sure this is an issue with quite a few teams players. Why can't they just make it like Fifa and actually adjust players speed to fit how they actually are rather than just lower it to fit their overall rating

Short answer: EA sucks and don’t care about the game.

Longer answer: Most NA players are ranked higher than EU players. Hintz is at 78 OVR, same as some rookies. Dahlin is probably the only EU player that is overranked.

The whole game is a joke, not only the rankings.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Honestly, really not enjoying HUT this year. The events have been super lame IMO, nothing fun like Halloween with a beast Chara or anything. Squad Battles was interesting for a bit but it's so dull playing the AI. Rivals seems interesting, kind of, but a little confusing. The CS have just felt random.

The gameplay is horrible, IMO. I actually like the feel of the game, it feels authentic, but the results feel super scripted. I was against ice tilt for so long, but this year I'm ready to admit. The games feel super tilty, including tons of comebacks where you either get all the luck or can't do anything at all.

My team is usually got worse skaters than the opponent and I've been on the receiving end of the luck a lot. Shots that my opponent take with high 80s players will be stopped by my base Quick. Meanwhile, I'll be scoring on same shots with my base Terevainen.

Reactions: Rhaegar Targaryen

mhart1

Maniac Caniac
Oct 8, 2013
Pori
So, what exactly is the difference between the two Dion Phaneuf Heavy Hitters trade-in set's?! One is with all the Gold Players and one is with no Gold Players.

Is one better than the other?!
No, but if you use gold players you get the 84 ovr Phaneuf earlier, than what you would get if you waited till there is enough challenges which give those collectibles needed.

Basically, other one is shortcut to the destination but it costs you.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
My team:

Marner (85) - Lemieux (91) - Matthews (86)
Selanne (88) - Sakic (88) - Kucherov (87)
Wilson (90) - Pageau (85) - Barkov (85)
Ovechkin (86) - Kopitar (83) - Larkin (82)

Karlsson (85) - Coffey (89)
Doughty (84) - OEL (82)
Subban (83) - Fowler (82)

Dubnyk (82)

Wilson is a loan so Ovechkin will move up tomorrow, and one of Stamkos/Seguin will re-enter the lineup. I've got SP activated which is nice as it gives +3 to Speed and Passing.

I got Selanne in the 88 Icon Choice yesterday...it was between him, Forsberg, Pronger and Yzerman. As weird as it sounds, I really wanted Brett Hull. I had his loan and loved him. I didn't notice his 83 speed that much and his shot was automatic for me. Larkin is a guy I would really recommend to anyone, his speed can create tons of opportunities off the right wing.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I'll also add that I like Rivals mode, although it definitely isn't perfect. Right now I'm Division 2 with Diamond Rewards and a healthy lead above Platinum. There's not a ton of incentive for me to play and lose my ranking...I feel like I have more to lose than gain at this point.

mhart1

Maniac Caniac
Oct 8, 2013
Pori

Here's what I currently use. I haven't done any legends yet, and very likely won't until I have enough free collectibles for either 99 or 66. Legends don't interest me at all after last year when my whole team was basically guys in their 50's or 60's. Time to give ice time for those young'uns. ;)

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Went with the untradeable packs for my Rivals rewards. Pulled a Heavy Hitters Nurse and Team of the Week Boesner. Also pulled a Ruutu but his stats didn’t appeal to me.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Went with the untradeable packs for my Rivals rewards. Pulled a Heavy Hitters Nurse and Team of the Week Boesner. Also pulled a Ruutu but his stats didn’t appeal to me.
Only notable thing I got was Global Series Hedman. Who skates like I'm trying to maneuver a cruise ship. Woo.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Only notable thing I got was Global Series Hedman. Who skates like I'm trying to maneuver a cruise ship. Woo.

I pulled a Global Series McDonagh the next day. Great speed, especially with the +2 added, but can't shoot. Usually like my RD to have a better shot but he can move the puck really well.

mhart1

Maniac Caniac
Oct 8, 2013
Pori
I have to say, when a player card goes beyond certain point stat wise, only stat that matters is speed. I have now tried 91 Pettersson and 91 Kotkaniemi, and I honestly think they are nothing special and their stats don't reflect what happens in the ice.

But then again, that 84 Hughes feels absolutely brilliant. And he is fast. Vroom vroom fast.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Saved my Rivals, HC, and Squad Battles rewards all for Friday. Got:

- 90 TOTW Matthews
- 87 Alumni Kent Nilsson
- 86 PT Stamkos
- 86 MacKinnon
- 80 TOTW Anders Nilsson

Plus a 86 young stars goalie and an 83 young stars D. Pretty happy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad