HUT Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManWithNoName

Unregistered User
Jul 9, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden
went all-in on icon collectables and finally got Lemieux. He's really quick. Good shot. I think my next goal is to save for and 89 set and hopefully Coffey.

Honestly all of the sets for events just don't seem worth it this year. Seems like a much better deal to just accumulate coins and buy individual players. Collectibles, sets, etc. just don't seem worth it, especcially with the amount of untradeable items now.

Wow, you got Lemieux already? I've only got two Icon collectables, both received through the 50 gold players swap. How did you get yours so fast?

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Could you only choose between those two? I'm all in for 88 Forsberg and would be extremly disapointed with Sakic or Potvin. In worst case I could take Selanne, but Forsberg was my best player in HUT last season so really want him again.

They upgraded it to a choice between four players now. You have a chance at Forsberg/Selanne but it’s not a guarantee

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Wow, you got Lemieux already? I've only got two Icon collectables, both received through the 50 gold players swap. How did you get yours so fast?
I put every gold player I got through rewards into the icon collectible set. I also pulled 2 in packs and for the last collectible I bought about 35 gold players because i was impatient haha

mhart1

Maniac Caniac
Oct 8, 2013
Pori
I got my team set for a while and have about 1m coins to sell on PS4 if anyone is interested. PayPal only, $15 USD / 100k.

mhart1

Maniac Caniac
Oct 8, 2013
Pori
I'm wondering what the point of the fantasy hockey collectibles is if you can only earn 7 and need 10 to trade them in.
There currently is only 7 challenges but there will be 10 available before the Event ends. I am collecting them for the gold collectible trade in so I can take another shot at the Prospect set. First time I got Tolvanen and Jokiharju. Took Jokiharju, but who I am really looking for is Necas. Fingers crossed for the second try...

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
There currently is only 7 challenges but there will be 10 available before the Event ends. I am collecting them for the gold collectible trade in so I can take another shot at the Prospect set. First time I got Tolvanen and Jokiharju. Took Jokiharju, but who I am really looking for is Necas. Fingers crossed for the second try...

What is so good about Necas (I know he's one of the 'Canes top prospects), but what're the chances he sticks w/ the big-club all year?!

I just did my set and got either Jokiharju or Necas. Who should I go with?!

mhart1

Maniac Caniac
Oct 8, 2013
Pori
What is so good about Necas (I know he's one of the 'Canes top prospects), but what're the chances he sticks w/ the big-club all year?!

I just did my set and got either Jokiharju or Necas. Who should I go with?!
Jokiharju plays on the 3rd pairing. Necas plays on the 1st PP unit and has linemates of Haula and Dzingel and they seem to click well together.

Necas has shown huge growth from last year and I am fairly certain he will stay up and score goals.

I pulled him too!

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Jokiharju plays on the 3rd pairing. Necas plays on the 1st PP unit and has linemates of Haula and Dzingel and they seem to click well together.

Necas has shown huge growth from last year and I am fairly certain he will stay up and score goals.

I pulled him too!

Sounds good! I'll go w/ Necas.

Emery

Jul 18, 2011
Ottawa
My fantasy pulls were Zadina and Petersen :/
Imagine being one of the lucky ones that scored a Neal :laugh:

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Did another Fantasy Rookie Set, not as good... both in the 'A'... Who do I go with: Tolavanen or Zadina?! Who has the better chance of sticking in the bigs, and contributing?!

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
Got two of the fantasy prospects with the gold collectible trade ins.

Took Necas and Jokiharju.

Pretty lousy that they're untradeable, but expected from EA.

Reactions: mhart1

mhart1

Maniac Caniac
Oct 8, 2013
Pori
The one time I pull a TOTW card it's a lowly 81 Bertuzzi...

Those 33% chance packs are horrendous.
I pulled TOTW card too, 74 rated Harri Pesonen. :)

All the event sets are pretty horrendous if you ask me. I mean those Leader Master Sets would be nice but I just can't do them because they are untradeable. I don't like EA's approach this year with these untradeable sets...

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
I pulled TOTW card too, 74 rated Harri Pesonen. :)

All the event sets are pretty horrendous if you ask me. I mean those Leader Master Sets would be nice but I just can't do them because they are untradeable. I don't like EA's approach this year with these untradeable sets...
Agreed, sets are awful this year. I'll probably make gold collectibles via the event collectibles you get from challenges (which is also stupid by the way) and save up enough until they hopefully drop a player set I'd actually want to use

ElectricDreamMachine

Nov 5, 2013
Yeah I really don't understand why those master sets captains have to be untradeable. Makes no sense to invest ~550k for untradeable 90 overall, that probably can't be upgraded in the future. Shame really because all of them look pretty dope.

mhart1

Maniac Caniac
Oct 8, 2013
Pori
Yeah I really don't understand why those master sets captains have to be untradeable. Makes no sense to invest ~550k for untradeable 90 overall, that probably can't be upgraded in the future. Shame really because all of them look pretty dope.
I mean, it makes perfect sense from EA's perspective. The master sets are purely made as coin sinks. People make so many coins from Squad Battles that if they don't have an option where to use their coins, they would use them in packs and/or drive player prices way too high in the market.

In the end, the idea is to increase pack sales.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
So apparently people who recently sold low-overall fantasy cards got their coin balanced robbed from EA. Something about it flagging low-overall cards being sold for large sums as suspicious activity. Some people had >1 million coins dropped from their account.

What a debacle.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Got 88 OVR Leader Primeau yesterday, not bad.
Anybody knows the rewards for being in the upper seasons of online mode?
Only been playing squad battles and wondering if it's worth it or I should just do the champions seasons

ElectricDreamMachine

Nov 5, 2013
Got 88 OVR Leader Primeau yesterday, not bad.
Anybody knows the rewards for being in the upper seasons of online mode?
Only been playing squad battles and wondering if it's worth it or I should just do the champions seasons

There isn't anything guaranteed but you'll get an untradeable 4 item pack everytime you win division title. Those packs are a total crap shoot and most of the time you'll get like two contracts and a silver player. Not sure about the div 1 title this year tho, last year there was a gold collectible in every div 1 title pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad