HUT Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snip Genos

GO LEAFS GO
Jun 14, 2007
Ontario
Hey just wondering if you guys can give me any tips here as I just finally made it to div 3 and now im getting smoked bad.

I feel like they should be way closer games because I have the puck just as much as they do and get my chances but then they just score on me so easily.

I have a pretty good team that should compete but then as soon as I got to div 3 I get blown out every game like 8-2 or something. How do I stop their chances and score on mine more?

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Hey just wondering if you guys can give me any tips here as I just finally made it to div 3 and now im getting smoked bad.

I feel like they should be way closer games because I have the puck just as much as they do and get my chances but then they just score on me so easily.

I have a pretty good team that should compete but then as soon as I got to div 3 I get blown out every game like 8-2 or something. How do I stop their chances and score on mine more?
Same thing happened to me when I got to division 3 and 2. Honestly I think it's a transition stylistically to how people in the upper divisions play. I cant really describe it but its just a different style in the upper divisions compared to the lower. Honestly you just have to play a bunch of games and get used to it, and eventually you'll start figuring things out.

Snip Genos

GO LEAFS GO
Jun 14, 2007
Ontario
Same thing happened to me when I got to division 3 and 2. Honestly I think it's a transition stylistically to how people in the upper divisions play. I cant really describe it but its just a different style in the upper divisions compared to the lower. Honestly you just have to play a bunch of games and get used to it, and eventually you'll start figuring things out.
Ok makes sense, thanks.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
I’ve had decent pack luck recently.

I pulled that 96 Pasta earlier today on a 50 K pack and also a TOTY Barzal in a comeptice seasons pack last week.

I rarely spend money on packs would rather buy coins from people.

I’ve had an issue with game speed though recently, it feels really choppy and it’s not my wi-fi. Went from winning 15 straight in DIV 1 to losing 7 out of 10 to terrible players.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
I've also had some good luck. Pulled Stanley Cup Kerfoot in a reroll. 97 right now, hes going for like 700k on xbox. Kinda unfortunate hes untradeable

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
I’ve had decent pack luck recently.

I pulled that 96 Pasta earlier today on a 50 K pack and also a TOTY Barzal in a comeptice seasons pack last week.

I rarely spend money on packs would rather buy coins from people.

I’ve had an issue with game speed though recently, it feels really choppy and it’s not my wi-fi. Went from winning 15 straight in DIV 1 to losing 7 out of 10 to terrible players.
I couldnt even complete the offline challenge today because of how bad the gameplay and input lag is. Yesterday felt great but today was a joke

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Anyone know if matchmaking in online seasons is determined by skill level/division and team overall? I noticed when I use my all-time Penguins team (with about 6 players + 2 goalies less than 85 overall), I get matched up much more often with teams made up of base gold players and generally lower overalls. When I use my main team (95 overall, filled with high level players) I get matched up, again, with similiary constructed teams.

I always thought it was just based off skill level/division but I might be wrong. Could be a coincidence

That's a connection issue, not the game.
Fair. Makes sense.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Anyone know if matchmaking in online seasons is determined by skill level/division and team overall? I noticed when I use my all-time Penguins team (with about 6 players + 2 goalies less than 85 overall), I get matched up much more often with teams made up of base gold players and generally lower overalls. When I use my main team (95 overall, filled with high level players) I get matched up, again, with similiary constructed teams.

I always thought it was just based off skill level/division but I might be wrong. Could be a coincidence

Fair. Makes sense.
Pretty sure it's based on your division.

It's pretty annoying being in Div1 and being matched with Div4/Div5 trash though, just a complete waste of time.

Am I the only one in Div1 who consistently has easy match ups? I want some competition.

mhart1

Maniac Caniac
Oct 8, 2013
Pori
If anyone on PS4 is still looking for coins, I have 3m available. 7usd 100k. Paypal only.

I sold my Canes/Checkers hybrid as I sadly don't have much time to play anymore.

HMU if interested!

BorntoLose

Nov 4, 2014
Pretty sure it's based on your division.

It's pretty annoying being in Div1 and being matched with Div4/Div5 trash though, just a complete waste of time.

Am I the only one in Div1 who consistently has easy match ups? I want some competition.
why not play comp seasons/ hut champs

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
why not play comp seasons/ hut champs
Yeah you're right, My friends and I have usually have a wager on who can win as many Div1 titles by the end of the season.

I got much better at this game, was an average div1 player for most of the year, but now that I have a competitive team I'm practically unbeatable. Just embarrassed two top 100 players.

If anyone wants to do a wager, hit me up.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Nolan (93) - Sakic (94) - Hall (91)
Gartner (91) - Forsberg (97) - Kane (99)
Spezza (92) - Messier (96) - Modano (92)
Mikita (94) - Nieuwendyk (90) - Hossa (93)

MacInnis (91) - Chabot (99)
Subban (99) - Pronger (92)
Chelios (93) - Coffey (89)

Sawchuk (95)
Dubnyk (84)

Rocking this lineup and have $550k to spend. I'm debating between TDL Stone or MSP Brind'Amour, but pretty sure I'm gonna go with Rod. Although my LW is pretty weak, I'll be getting the 97 Nolan eventually, plus I find right-shots a huge risk. I hated 99 MacKinnon, and I wasn't a fan of TOTW Marner/Laine earlier in the season (as well as 99 Laine last season). I've heard really good things about Rod, and could slot him at C and move Sakic to the RW.

My recommendation is Chris Pronger. I don't even have the 94 Legend version, but the 92 is really good. He puts up about 0.5pt/gp, but his D is crazy. Just like last year, he has an insane +/- for me. +259 in 380gp

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
I'd like to see some more of y'alls team builds. Always curious to see who guy are rolling with. My current team:

Kessel (99 Evo2)-Messier (96)- Kerfoot (99 SC)
Mikita (94)- Sakic (94)- Kucherov (93 MSP)
Gartner (91)- Stastny (95)- Gaudreau (92 TOTW)
Guentzel (92 CTOTY)- Nieuwendyk (90)- Heinen (93 SC)

Subban (99)-Fowler (91 Xmas)
Letang (91 ASG)-Dumoulin (93 PP)
Barrie (92 CTOTY)-Coffey (89)

Luukkonen (88 Diamond)
Hedberg (85)

Nolan (93) - Sakic (94) - Hall (91)
Gartner (91) - Forsberg (97) - Kane (99)
Spezza (92) - Messier (96) - Modano (92)
Mikita (94) - Nieuwendyk (90) - Hossa (93)

MacInnis (91) - Chabot (99)
Subban (99) - Pronger (92)
Chelios (93) - Coffey (89)

Sawchuk (95)
Dubnyk (84)

Rocking this lineup and have $550k to spend. I'm debating between TDL Stone or MSP Brind'Amour, but pretty sure I'm gonna go with Rod. Although my LW is pretty weak, I'll be getting the 97 Nolan eventually, plus I find right-shots a huge risk. I hated 99 MacKinnon, and I wasn't a fan of TOTW Marner/Laine earlier in the season (as well as 99 Laine last season). I've heard really good things about Rod, and could slot him at C and move Sakic to the RW.

My recommendation is Chris Pronger. I don't even have the 94 Legend version, but the 92 is really good. He puts up about 0.5pt/gp, but his D is crazy. Just like last year, he has an insane +/- for me. +259 in 380gp
If you wanna gamble on a right handed guy, 99 Kessel (Evo2 for me) has been crazy good. I had him before he got upgraded so not sure on his exact stats, but as a 99 he has to be at least over a ppg and .75 goals per game. He's all over the ice.

Also I wonder if there's something about tall defenseman being crazy good. My 93 Dumoulin is unreal back there, particularly in the D zone. Guys like Hedman and Chara also seem to always be mainstays in people's lineups as well regardless of overall.

RangerGuru

May 14, 2013
Have only spent $20 in the game thus far, definitely don’t play as much as I did in years past due to work and classes

Still pretty content, trying to improve when I can

AS Tavares (90) - TOTW Bergeron (90) - MasSet Forsberg (91)
Modano (92) - Messier (96) - Stastny (95)
Diamond Poulin (89) - Chr Duchene (91) - SC Clutterbuck (88)
SC Burakovsky (88) - TD Forsberg (90) - Tootoo (89)

SC Coburn (91) - Maccinis (91)
Redden (88) - Horton (90)
Chr Suter (86) - Subban (89)

Fleury (87)
Billy Smith (87)

Got lucky and got Coburn and Poulin in SC free packs from competitive seasons

Next thing to upgrade will be Suter and the goalie situation

Reactions: mhart1

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
If you wanna gamble on a right handed guy, 99 Kessel (Evo2 for me) has been crazy good. I had him before he got upgraded so not sure on his exact stats, but as a 99 he has to be at least over a ppg and .75 goals per game. He's all over the ice.

Also I wonder if there's something about tall defenseman being crazy good. My 93 Dumoulin is unreal back there, particularly in the D zone. Guys like Hedman and Chara also seem to always be mainstays in people's lineups as well regardless of overall.

Kessel is actually a guy I'd consider. He has crazy good stats (community TOTY was jacked).

As for big defensemen, I agree. They're pretty good in the game. I had Hedman last year and he was a beast, although I think Chara is a little too clunky for me. Pronger has 96-97 speed with BU activated and I don't find he gets beat too often.

Reactions: Beauner

ElectricDreamMachine

Nov 5, 2013
Only bought the standard game and sold some coins so playing for free. Got my second line from a friend who quit a month back.
My best re roll has been 88 Nieuwendyk and best pack pull 89 Coffey.

Stamkos (97) - Point (99) - Kucherov (97)
Laine (99) - Aho (96) - Rantanen (99)
Selänne (94) - Sakic (94) - Modano (92)
Gartner (91) - McDavid (95) - Duchene (91)

Subban (99) - Chara (99)
Weber (95) - Heiskanen (97)
Macinnis (91) - Hedman (97)

Bishop (82)
Stolarz (77)

How has Luukkonen been for you @Beauner? My Bish has started to let in some real muffins lately.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Only bought the standard game and sold some coins so playing for free. Got my second line from a friend who quit a month back.
My best re roll has been 88 Nieuwendyk and best pack pull 89 Coffey.

Stamkos (97) - Point (99) - Kucherov (97)
Laine (99) - Aho (96) - Rantanen (99)
Selänne (94) - Sakic (94) - Modano (92)
Gartner (91) - McDavid (95) - Duchene (91)

Subban (99) - Chara (99)
Weber (95) - Heiskanen (97)
Macinnis (91) - Hedman (97)

Bishop (82)
Stolarz (77)

How has Luukkonen been for you @Beauner? My Bish has started to let in some real muffins lately.
Luukkonen has been solid. I've received a few messages after games (that he completely stole) asking about him and complimenting him. I dont notice him letting up softies. It's either my own fault or the game being completely stupid. He's definitely kept me in a ton of games though.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Brind'Amour is absolutely lighting it up for me. 14 goals in his first 18 games. He's really feels like a true 99. Patrick Kane...he took a little getting used to, but I really like his TOTY card.

Vanek with 0g 4a in 15 games for me. There's something about right-handed shooters that I can't get used to lol. I've found success with Gartner, 93 Nolan and Mikita this year, though. I'm comfortable with them all.

Damn, goalie height really does make a difference. I found by TOTW Dubnyk was letting in too many softies, so I switched to my backup, Sawchuk. After 37 games, Sawchuk is rocking a 4.30GAA and 73.62SV%. Dubnyk, after 113 games, was 2.97GAA and 82.21SV%.

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
Nice teams here. Here's mine, could be better but atleast this point of the game when most of the best players aren't playing hut in EU, it's a good enough for top-100 in comps and champs.

Took a bit over a month during february so i missed Stastny. Bishop has been good, but maybe looking for a better option. Dubnyk wasn't good and Hextall was pretty good early game. Binnington seems to be unreal when playing against him but quite expensive, Luukkonen maybe? He seems to be popular.

Subban (99) - Foppa (97) - Evo Matthews (97)

Stone (96) - Messier (96) - TOTW Rantanen (95)

Gartner (91) - Mikita (94) - Modano (92)

Diamond Tippett (91) - Prime Drai (91) - Christmas EKane (91)

Vanek (96) - Phaneuf (95)
MacInnis (91) - Couturier (92)
Allstar Burns (90) - Diamond Sevc (91)

TOTW Bishop (84)

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Not sure if anyone has these cards, but looking to wrap up my Rangers squad that I will be rolling for the rest of the year. This is what I have:

Graves (91) - Messier (96) - Glenn Anderson (99) : 1994 Stanley Cup line
Gaborik (97) - Dubinsky (86 potentially 90) - Callahan (93): 2012 ECF team
Buchnevich (90) - Zibanejad (89) - Hayes (85): 2019 team
Vic Hadfield (86) - Jean Ratelle (90) - Gartner (91): Legend/Retired number line

Reunanen (91) - Leetch (93)
Shattenkirk (90) - McDonagh (93): I call this the pair AV never wanted to see
Horton (90) - Park (92)

Lundqvist (91)
Talbot (81)

I'm looking for Andy Bathgate (88), Jeff Beukeboom (89) and Keith Yandle (Anything 87+). Holding out hope I can get a 96 Zuccarello for that 3rd line, but might cost too much. Might sell Anderson if it would get me Zuccarello and get his 89 overall version.

If anyone has the above three cards, please let me know. They would fill out the team as I want it to look.

EDIT: This is on XB1. I was able to get my hands on a Yandle last night. Based on what I've seen for the market, my max for both would be 100K.

Last edited:

mhart1

Maniac Caniac
Oct 8, 2013
Pori
Not sure if anyone has these cards, but looking to wrap up my Rangers squad that I will be rolling for the rest of the year. This is what I have:

Vic Hadfield (86) - Jean Ratelle (90) - Gartner (91): Legend/Retired number line

Horton (90) - Park (92)

Lundqvist (91)
Talbot (81)

I'm looking for Andy Bathgate (88), Jeff Beukeboom (89) and Keith Yandle (Anything 87+). Holding out hope I can get a 96 Zuccarello for that 3rd line, but might cost too much. Might sell Anderson if it would get me Zuccarello and get his 89 overall version.

If anyone has the above three cards, please let me know. They would fill out the team as I want it to look.

Console would be great to know, and prices what you are willing to pay would help aswell. :)

Reactions: JimmyG89

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh

Horton (90) - Park (92)

Lundqvist (91)
Talbot (81)

EDIT: This is on XB1. I was able to get my hands on a Yandle last night. Based on what I've seen for the market, my max for both would be 100K.
I actually have Bathgate. He's part of my all-time Pens build but I prefer using guys who have won a Stanley Cup with the team (though right now I have Roberts/Hossa/Bathgate in there). I'd like to find a 90 Fedotenko and 83 Hornqvist which are like unicorns, and grab an 89 Staal as well.

I'm assuming you don't have any of those cards but if you do I'd definietly be open to a trade. If I'm able to grab any of those guys I'll let you know as well.

Reactions: JimmyG89

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
I actually have Bathgate. He's part of my all-time Pens build but I prefer using guys who have won a Stanley Cup with the team (though right now I have Roberts/Hossa/Bathgate in there). I'd like to find a 90 Fedotenko and 83 Hornqvist which are like unicorns, and grab an 89 Staal as well.

I'm assuming you don't have any of those cards but if you do I'd definietly be open to a trade. If I'm able to grab any of those guys I'll let you know as well.

Awesome! I'll keep an eye out as well for them. I have seen the Fedetenko a few times and was close to buying because he was on the 2012 Rangers squad that made the ECF, but passed for Gaborik.

If there is one up on the Xbox market that is reasonably priced, I'll be sure to snag it and we can trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad