Hurricanes Lounge, XXXIII: Danger Zone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
And one thing that is most annoying right now is all of the government officials already coming out and saying they won't support price gouging. Unfortunately, the only way to curb this kind of hyper reactive behavior in the consumer base that creates this kind of panic buying is to immediately raise rates to prohibitive levels to cut demand off at the knees. 2 days of $5 gas and this manmade crisis goes away. Make it actually difficult for people to be this stupid and the stupidity stops.

Same thing can be said for the pandemic itself. I'm all for vaccine passports and creating a separate standard for those who have it and those who don't. The biggest reason why so many aren't getting it is that we are making it easy as a society to continue on without getting it. The second we make it so that life is significantly more annoying and difficult to live without the shot, you'll see a huge chunk of holdouts get the free poke.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
And one thing that is most annoying right now is all of the government officials already coming out and saying they won't support price gouging. Unfortunately, the only way to curb this kind of hyper reactive behavior in the consumer base that creates this kind of panic buying is to immediately raise rates to prohibitive levels to cut demand off at the knees. 2 days of $5 gas and this manmade crisis goes away. Make it actually difficult for people to be this stupid and the stupidity stops.

Same thing can be said for the pandemic itself. I'm all for vaccine passports and creating a separate standard for those who have it and those who don't. The biggest reason why so many aren't getting it is that we are making it easy as a society to continue on without getting it. The second we make it so that life is significantly more annoying and difficult to live without the shot, you'll see a huge chunk of holdouts get the free poke.

The people driving their Tahoes up to the pumps to fill up their SUV and 5 extra 5 gallon tanks aren't going to be deterred by $5 gas. The minimum wage worker who needs their car to get them to work will. That's why you fight price gouging. Shame used to be a good way to stop this behavior, but our society has lost any sense of that a long time ago.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
{tinfoil hat}. Elon Musk funded the hackers {/tin foil hat}
960x0.jpg

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I don't watch SNL, but according to Twitter, this was the worst skit they've ever done. And while that sounds like hyperbole, everything I've heard about it makes me believe it's not.
Out of curiosity I just watched it on YT.

Its bad. Not the worst, but absolutely nowhere near the best.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014

Sad that THIS was needed.

The last time around, in Texas, there were people filling up various plastic barrels and canisters on the back of their pick-ups. The plastic not being of fuel-resistant kind, the gasoline would in time melt its way through the vessel. The warnings at that time were useful.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017

Oh so we do exist. Seeing a bit of debate around this topic. Must admit, it'd be weird to see the Bulls usurped by a major here. An essential summer standby..so many fond memories made there.

Yeah ever since Tepper just went full copy and paste of NCFC's talking points on their MLS bid to justify why Charlotte was good (heavy, heavy emphasis on the youth program of the Raleigh area and the university soccer history of UNC) only to say "who cares about that other city" when they announced their successful bid, my interest in sports within Charlotte have plummeted. The fact that Charlotte will inevitably try and claim the Canes as part of their network when it comes to a MLB bid just annoys me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad