Hurricanes Lounge XXXII: wait, but why?

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
I have a daughter now. She's great and I love her.

Congrats! Wife and I just had our first last week, a little boy. If you would like someone to talk to going through a similar experience feel free to let me know. If you are like me you have a dozen grandparents and aunts/uncles interjecting nonstop so focusing on hockey as a bit of an escape is nice.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Thank you all for the well wishes!

Congrats! Wife and I just had our first last week, a little boy. If you would like someone to talk to going through a similar experience feel free to let me know. If you are like me you have a dozen grandparents and aunts/uncles interjecting nonstop so focusing on hockey as a bit of an escape is nice.

Congrats to you as well!! Both a blessing and a curse of COVID, it’s just us here in the hospital. After 36 hours of labor it was an unplanned C section (my wife deserves an award and a vacation), so we’re here a few more days than planned which is bittersweet. We would love to see everyone and show her off but also we’re insulated from all that to some extent (for the time being), not to mention an army of night nurses for when we’re tired. Some family members have been graciously very conscious of not doing that but it can’t be said for everyone, I’m sure that’ll ramp up once we’re home.

Last edited:

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Congrats to you as well. Lots of new Caniacs!

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm

Congratulations to you and your wife! I hope everyone is doing well.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Thank you all for the well wishes!

Congrats to you as well!! Both a blessing and a curse of COVID, it’s just us here in the hospital. After 36 hours of labor it was an unplanned C section (my wife deserves an award and a vacation), so we’re here a few more days than planned which is bittersweet. We would love to see everyone and show her off but also we’re insulated from all that to some extent (for the time being), not to mention an army of night nurses for when we’re tired. Some family members have been graciously very conscious of not doing that but it can’t be said for everyone, I’m sure that’ll ramp up once we’re home.

Here I was thinking our 24 hours of induction and standard birth were rough. You and your wife are troopers. The COVID distancing is a blessing and a curse. Lean on the nurses and try to intake all the information you can. I know we were told 100 different things 100 different ways so it is all about finding a balance and what works for your family unit.

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
Congratulations! I just yesterday popped at the first own place of mine, to hook up the TV. They grow so damn fast, cherish the moments.

I know this feeling. She will always be your little girl.

Congrats. I have 2. Enjoy her while she is young, because you start to get sad that they are no longer young when they grow up.

Come on guys, our older daughter isn't even 3 yet and you're already making me sad. I'm probably going to see her one day when she's like 30 and have some flashback to a time when she was running around the house with her underwear on her head.

But yes, be deliberate about enjoying every stage. Each one happens fast, especially in the early years... and when it's over, it's over. Take in as much as you can every day.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
I have a daughter now. She's great and I love her.
Man, I remember when you were in high school. Life comes at you fast! Congratulations.
Like others have said...enjoy it. Regardless of how it seems in the moment, it goes fast. We’ve been looking at old pictures and videos of our kids lately (they’re 11 and 7) .... and we are a little bit sad. It’s not that we didn’t cherish it, but we simply can’t believe it’s gone so fast.
Congrats again.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014

Congratulations, but do you live in some kind of weird commune?

Reactions: raynman

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
On a very similar note, I saw my first vaginal birth on Monday. No complications, quite a quick one. Fairly stressless way to enter the world.

On a related note. School is back and other than everyone being masked it’s fairly normal. But I really miss working. I need more of that “feeling useful” drug.

On an unrelated note, I returned from a bar quiz, slightly tipsy just to find my tenant/flatmate in a state of an absolute mess because she found out from her sister her mother basically stole her money. This meant she was more drunk than me. Also that I had to console her, because staying awake drunk is the last thing to help her.

So it ended up with me going with her in my pajamas to buy cigarettes at a near bar only to find out two things. Bars close at midnight. And she’s really afraid of the dark. (In an ironic twist, since I love night and the dark. I study and write at night. It soothes me.)

And last but not least at the Thursday training (I play floorball, wuss version of hockey played in the gym). We had a 1v1 excercise and I was the attacker. My defender was notably shorter, but a lot stronger, so I am using my reach, trying to get ahead of him by making quick partial spins switching from forehand to backhand... and suddenly he falls down.

Got no clue what happened, but I get a free shot at the net so I go ahead and shoot the ball.
What I eventually found out was that he attempted to hipcheck me, but as I was transferring my weight, the angular part of my femur got exposed, and he ran straight to my bone and “stabbed” himself.

This might give you a picture how skinny I am.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3