Hurricanes Lounge XXXII: wait, but why?

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
My ex had a Hyundai Accent, super easy to change the headlight BULB, just twist, pull out, replace. OH but the spout for the washer fluid tank is right behind it so you have remove the whole headlight to access it...but the headlight slides out backwards which is where the ****ing washer fluid spout is (so you have to remove the whole tank). Good 2+ hrs work to remove everything...mind you there is nothing within about 8" of that spout in any other direction they could have routed it to allow easy access to the headlight.

Cars are a prime example of what happens when individual groups work on designing parts/sub-assys but don't communicate with the OTHER groups
I owned a Mazda 3 hatchback for a little while, really enjoyed that little car. Changing a headlight bulb, which was surprisingly often, made me want to bash the thing with a sledgehammer though. Little clips not much bigger than a paper clip that needed to be pressed together and fit into a slot that you couldn’t see. At least driving it made up for that.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Is anyone in Holly Springs? Heard multiple fire trucks racing down Sunset Lake road about 5 minutes ago. Hope no one left a fryer going.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
On Twitter, Maradona's death has been eclipsed by panic because people think Madonna died.

I'm not kidding.

I never heard of the guy- but during the news about it I was surprised to learn that Pele was still alive. I thought he died a while back. Must have happened in the Berenstein Bears timeline.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I never heard of the guy

I mean, Finland is a hockey country, but everyone of approbriate age knows exactly what this hit song of 2014 about Summer 86 and Maradona generally was about.

Insane, too fast, a bit dirty, like Maradona.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I mean, Finland is a hockey country, but everyone of approbriate age knows exactly what this hit song of 2014 about Summer 86 and Maradona generally was about.

Insane, too fast, a bit dirty, like Maradona.

So had to google the song- I've never heard of it either. I doubt anybody else in the US has either, quite frankly.

Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
So had to google the song- I've never heard of it either. I doubt anybody else in the US has either, quite frankly.
Obviously no one outside Finland has heard the obscure-to-the-world Finnish song. My supposed point was that outside of US, even the people who don't know Leo Messi, probably know (and sing of) Maradona.

Reactions: DaveG

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
I have two questions that can only be trusted to the experts of the Hurricanes board:

1. Can you bring a vegetarian to a pig pickin'?

2. Do you know of a good night time radio host? In the past or present? Preferably a show from midnight onwards to the wolf hour. I need it for some plunderphonics.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
I have two questions that can only be trusted to the experts of the Hurricanes board:

2. Do you know of a good night time radio host? In the past or present? Preferably a show from midnight onwards to the wolf hour. I need it for some plunderphonics.

1: No
2: Wolfman Jack

Reactions: DaveG

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014

1. They got their own tofu tumblins I guess.

2. Pekka Sauri on "Yölinja" ("Nightline") is a Finnish classic from a couple of decades back, with troubleridden people calling for advice given with Pekka's soothinvg voice, but it's probably not for your sampling unless you're going for some extra exotique.

Guys have planned a trip to a festival, but their friend can't come because his new girlfriend won't let him and has completely ruined the guy. She reads some books and tells him to go to a school.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
1: No
2: Wolfman Jack
Thank you! Exactly what I needed. Been looking for Bob Fuss recordings but it's hard to find full programs.

1. They got their own tofu tumblins I guess.

2. Pekka Sauri on "Yölinja" ("Nightline") is a Finnish classic from a couple of decades back, with troubleridden people calling for advice given with Pekka's soothinvg voice, but it's probably not for your sampling unless you're going for some extra exotique.

Guys have planned a trip to a festival, but their friend can't come because his new girlfriend won't let him and has completely ruined the guy. She reads some books and tells him to go to a school.

My brother is a fan of Tuomari Nurmio and has written an extremely slow song that is an homage to Dumari. I'll definately use this for one of our plundercasts. Thanks! The call even goes well with the mood of the song.

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
The hills are alive with tons of Christmas tree seekers.

Soaking in the Parkway access as long as it lasts. Snow is in the forecast. Had to have an encore Apple Butter Margarita at Old Hampton before it is replaced with Buttered Rum concoctions and the like. They had live music today. Heard a fab rendition of Sweet Melissa.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad