Hurricanes Lounge XXXII: wait, but why?

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
@Lempo and/or any other Finns floating around, what the f*** is this? This is the national sport of Finland?

Pesapallo_field_.jpg

Pesäpallo - Wikipedia

Explain yourselves.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
If the vertical pitch is foul (too low or fails to hit the 24 inch pitch plate), you get (1) as a freebie. So you jump to the left, and then step to the right (2).
Don't try and Time Warp your way out of this.

Who spawned this unholy abomination? Did some drunken Finnboy watch a baseball game while blackout drunk in the middle of a week-long bender then try to explain the rules to a person who didn't actually speak any Finnish?

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Don't try and Time Warp your way out of this.

Who spawned this unholy abomination? Did some drunken Finnboy watch a baseball game while blackout drunk in the middle of a week-long bender then try to explain the rules to a person who didn't actually speak any Finnish?
Lauri "Grinding Wheel" Pihkala. There were prior ball hitting games that had elements from dodgeball, but the dude saw baseball and felt it's more sportsy this way.

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Better question is WTF is the catcher doing? :huh::huh:
He's a forefielder, has no role in the pitching process but catches especially the "flick" hits aimed at the front field. In pesäpallo the hitter can use all three strikes, so usually the two first are used to help the other guys who batted before you to advance between bases. A nice curved frontfield flick gives time for a guy to advance from 2 to 3.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
If you haven't already done it recently, check the battery on your car as the weather gets colder. Woke up this morning to a dead battery and the day was basically shot after that.

Because whoever designed my car had the genius idea of putting the battery behind the tire wheel, so in order to change the battery, they basically have to take apart the front of my car.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
If you haven't already done it recently, check the battery on your car as the weather gets colder. Woke up this morning to a dead battery and the day was basically shot after that.

Because whoever designed my car had the genius idea of putting the battery behind the tire wheel, so in order to change the battery, they basically have to take apart the front of my car.
You got a Dodge Intrepid? :banghead:

Reactions: DaveG

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
You need German engineering. :sarcasm:

I had a Volkswagen Passat one time. The thermostat, a $20 item went bad. Took it to a garage I trusted and the guy said the only way to get at it was to remove the bumper, timing belt and a whole bunch of other stuff and if he did it, it would cost a thousand bucks. He told me to take it to a dealer because they must have a simpler and cheaper way of doing it as he didn’t want to charge me that much for a thermostat.

I took it to a dealer and they came back with the same, only more expensive. Ridiculous so I sold the car a week later. Was the last manual transmission car I owned and man was it fun to drive.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
You need German engineering. :sarcasm:

I had a Volkswagen Passat one time. The thermostat, a $20 item went bad. Took it to a garage I trusted and the guy said the only way to get at it was to remove the bumper, timing belt and a whole bunch of other stuff and if he did it, it would cost a thousand bucks. He told me to take it to a dealer because they must have a simpler and cheaper way of doing it as he didn’t want to charge me that much for a thermostat.

I took it to a dealer and they came back with the same, only more expensive. Ridiculous so I sold the car a week later. Was the last manual transmission car I owned and man was it fun to drive.
My ex had a Hyundai Accent, super easy to change the headlight BULB, just twist, pull out, replace. OH but the spout for the washer fluid tank is right behind it so you have remove the whole headlight to access it...but the headlight slides out backwards which is where the ****ing washer fluid spout is (so you have to remove the whole tank). Good 2+ hrs work to remove everything...mind you there is nothing within about 8" of that spout in any other direction they could have routed it to allow easy access to the headlight.

Cars are a prime example of what happens when individual groups work on designing parts/sub-assys but don't communicate with the OTHER groups

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad