Hurricanes Lounge XXX: The "Will I Stay or Will I Go?" edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
I'm assuming it was approved. After all, everything worked out great with the Iran thing (unless you happened to be a Ukrainian airline passenger, wtf) I'll find out this week when I go to drill.

It'll be nice to finally hang them up. The only downside is now health insurance gets a lot more expensive.

Fingers crossed.
It is dehumanizing to think this way, but those people on the plane might have saved many others...
Recently I talked to a friend who is from France, but of Kurdish Iranian descent and he says no one in Iran expects Russia to get involved, which is definitely better for pretty much everyone.

Now between the plane and the subsequent protests, they might have too much work on their hands domestically.
On the matter of insurance, I will just mention that I really like “Bismarck” model. I probably know more about US health insurance than general non-NA populace, but it still isn’t enough.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
20200110_105123_Burst01.jpg

Do any wrestling fans here know the historical significance of this place???

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
I'm gonna go out on a limb here (not quite as far as my history with Chris Terry predictions) and say Lucas Wallmark puts up 20 goals....this season.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I give up, you're gonna have to let the secret out.
The jeweler/pawn shop owned by the owner/founder of ECW Tod Gordon. The second floor was basically the ECW headquarters/office until Gordon and the company parted ways in September of 1997 (Gordon had sold his interest in the company about a year earlier).

Reactions: HisIceness

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
The day wasn't good. I got some car parts for the Sprinter van from the mail, and set out to do some man business.

First I replaced the indoor heat/cold blower. The cheap spare part blower wasn't good out of the box because the rim of the electric socket was out of place in it and needed some violent adjusting. But I got it.

Then I changed the manifold pressure sensor that I hoped was the reason for occasional turbo power loss. Simple thing in easily accessable place with two screws.

I took her for a test drive and didn't have any power loss issue so maybe it got fixed. Fuel was low so I took her to pump on the same go.

Then I stupidly filled six gallons of gasoline in a van with diesel engine, and had to call a real man who will bail me out of the mess I created.

Thank god I realized it immediately after I was done with my ill deed and didn't start the engine, so it should be good with just by siphoning the tank.

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
Sorry if I have been the board's negative Nancy. I am back on caregiving duty and after my previous 5 year stint with my late hubs, kinda burned out. Last Feb, I came back home temporarily to help out the fam. And now it's a year later and I am still here in my old small town.

With my beloved Parkway mostly closed off for winter there's not a lot going on here unless one's into the Friday Night Lights high school sports life or the craft beer scene. Like Dougie, I need a museum, or good sports, or a even university lecture or a Target. Miss good food. Schlepping to Asheville or Charlotte gets old. I escape to see the Canes or the Heels occasionally. Mostly, I have had to sell my tickets which is a bummer as I seem to miss the fun ones. Sorry for the whine.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
Sorry if I have been the board's negative Nancy. I am back on caregiving duty and after my previous 5 year stint with my late hubs, kinda burned out. Last Feb, I came back home temporarily to help out the fam. And now it's a year later and I am still here in my old small town.

With my beloved Parkway mostly closed off for winter there's not a lot going on here unless one's into the Friday Night Lights high school sports life or the craft beer scene. Like Dougie, I need a museum, or good sports, or a even university lecture or a Target. Miss good food. Schlepping to Asheville or Charlotte gets old. I escape to see the Canes or the Heels occasionally. Mostly, I have had to sell my tickets which is a bummer as I seem to miss the fun ones. Sorry for the whine.

ENERGY DERIVES FROM BOTH THE PLUS AND NEGATIVE.

Reactions: hblueridgegal

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Did an Ancestry DNA test. I am:

89% Irish (specific areas cited are Cork and Tipperary (Muenster) and Tyrone (Ulster).

9% Welsh/English

2% Norwegian (No wonder Ole Gunnar Solksjaer is just about my favorite United player ever along with Keano (see above result))

Reactions: MinJerkBen

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Did an Ancestry DNA test. I am:

89% Irish (specific areas cited are Cork and Tipperary (Muenster) and Tyrone (Ulster).

9% Welsh/English

2% Norwegian (No wonder Ole Gunnar Solksjaer is just about my favorite United player ever along with Keano (see above result))

How does that compare with what you thought you were beforehand? I've heard of stories where people got results that were way different from what they expected.

Reactions: MinJerkBen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad