Hurricanes Lounge XXX: The "Will I Stay or Will I Go?" edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
Anybody know the nuances when we bother to differentiate between murskaaja, syojatar, maailmankaikkeuden loppu, hitto, ihmiskunnan vihollinen, and a lempo.
Now Lucifer morningstar was a later, religious invention, and very fashionable too. But really nothing to do with the old stuff. We believe in gray-clad Tonttus and we worship the Old Man.

Reactions: Unsustainable

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
Please--this is why I eat brewer's yeast straight from the bottle...imagine the cost savings at Hurricane's games alone!!
I read that as patrbiotic, like it's a State duty to eat yeast no matter what. I wouldn't have even questioned that in Finland. Do your patrbiotic duty.

Dec 30, 2013
Any of you in NC familiar with Next Century Spirits? Seems like a really interesting company and with the brewers we have I'm guessing some of you would agree.

They aim to artificially age spirits over the course of hours or days, which saves a ton of time and also trees.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Stuff like this is why I try to do probiotics fairly frequently. Our gi systems are very very easy to mess with and that's one of the best ways to help avoid that.

Bow before the Finnish overlords and consume Skyyr. It's pretty good in smaller spoons and actually tastes really creamy after you get used to the pungent part.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Any of you in NC familiar with Next Century Spirits? Seems like a really interesting company and with the brewers we have I'm guessing some of you would agree.

They aim to artificially age spirits over the course of hours or days, which saves a ton of time and also trees.

Ive seen them in the news once. Thats all I got

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
What bothers me is no one believed this guy and his doc thought he was sneaking alcohol.

I'd also be like him ashamedly sneaking pizza with nugrape.
As that guy, yes, I'd be pissed that nobody believed me. But you can't blame everyone who didn't believe the guy. How many drunks claim to have not had a drink? It can't be less than all of them...

Reactions: DaveG

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Today is my first Halloween at my office, might be my last. I’m getting old.

B9D7E41A-85EE-4383-97E2-26F2A453ACF8.jpeg

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Real life - being jobless after you did something your bosses expressly told you not to do.

Yeah, for real. I mean they went berserk when told to "stick to sports" on a FRIGGIN SPORTS website. The glory days of being paid 25k a year to post political screeds instead of sports are over. Muahahaha.

Well, those newly unemployed "writers" can always do the following:

LEARN TO CODE

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Yeah, for real. I mean they went berserk when told to "stick to sports" on a FRIGGIN SPORTS website. The glory days of being paid 25k a year to post political screeds instead of sports are over. Muahahaha.

Well, those newly unemployed "writers" can always do the following:

LEARN TO CODE

I take it you wouldn't be so celebratory if most of their content leaned the other way?

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Everybody hates "the media" these days unless it's something they agree with, then it's cool.

A journalism class of some sort should be standard in every high school in America, IMO. As much time as we sit around reading sources of information nowadays, we should be providing people with the ability to not only recognizes biases in writing, but also to recognize that you're bringing your own bias as a reader and projecting that onto the writer as well.

Last edited:

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Everybody hates "the media" these days unless it's something they agree with, then it's cool.

A journalism class of some sort should be standard in every high school in America, IMO. As much time as we sit around reading sources of information nowadays, we should be providing people with the ability to not only recognizes biases in writing, but also to recognize that you're bringing your own bias as a reader and projecting that onto the writer as well.
Something like this is really needed. Good critical reading skills are in short supply and desperately needed in this country. It's a shame that those who consistently advocate for less educational spending are the ones that directly benefit from voters who don't have these skills.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Something like this is really needed. Good critical reading skills are in short supply and desperately needed in this country. It's a shame that those who consistently advocate for less educational spending are the ones that directly benefit from voters who don't have these skills.

But at the same time, some of those advocating for more education seem to believe that the said education should be more about what to think instead of how to think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad