Hurricanes Lounge XXVIII: The "where's the rain?" edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I've been pounding my head to the wall with trying to boot a 2007 Macbook into Linux Mint for hours and hours and hours.

It's somewhat awkward that in the end I only managed to make a bootable USB stick capable to it with a Windows-only software (Rufus).

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
I've been pounding my head to the wall with trying to boot a 2007 Macbook into Linux Mint for hours and hours and hours.

It's somewhat awkward that in the end I only managed to make a bootable USB stick capable to it with a Windows-only software (Rufus).

Try a CD boot, or take the disk out, install mint using another system, and put it back in the Mac.

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Try a CD boot, or take the disk out, install mint using another system, and put it back in the Mac.
Oh haven't I tried the DVD boot. 19 64-bit, 19 32-bit, 18, 17... "can't find live file system". I bought a goddamn 10-tower of blank DVDs in 2018, and wasted them all burning ISOs on them.

I managed boot and install a Legacy Bios -bootable version, but then it wouldn't boot from HD.

The Rufus-made USB finally managed the trick. Damned Apple EFI.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC

Substitute Mint with Fedora, and this was basically my career for most of a decade. I pity you.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
if you added an image here I can't see it for whatever reason, so I'll just assume it's archer-phrasing.gif
giphy.gif

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Substitute Mint with Fedora, and this was basically my career for most of a decade. I pity you.
I did get paid for it so there's that. Well, my employer maybe through I got paid for packing steel, but they were slow days at work because of ongoing issues at our supplier.

We grilled sausages at one point.

I like it at my work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad