Hurricanes Lounge XXVIII: The "where's the rain?" edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I’ll bring the myrrh if you bring the gold.

Only if we go in like this.

Three-Wise-Men-image1-400x290.jpg

DaJackal

Aug 3, 2015
Eastern front
Oh, and about wisdom teeth: I got mine removed years ago 2 at a time (left side at first and then right side - or contrary, I don't remember). Upper ones were easy but lower ones both had to be broken in 3-4 pieces before they would come out. I felt little to no pain; the meds were good.

I'd advise to not worry about it. Just ask your dentist to tell you how things are progressing. I find a lot of comfort in it; the dentist I'd seen as a kid was not like that. He'd shove half a dozen gadgets in my mouth, then ask a couple of questions about how school is going, and after I'd mumbled something that resembled an answer he went silent - apart from an odd curse word here and there. I was delighted when the dentist who removed my wisdom teeth gave me an update of the situation every couple of minutes.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
I found out from my dental surgeon back in the day what "supernumerary" meant. I had all four wisdom teeth extracted, and then a fifth one that showed up like a whack-a-mole. In addition, I'm currently scheduled for a colonoscopy, which concludes my response to 2 posts. In the lulls between my contributions here, I feel that I need to address multiple posts with a single shot.
Try not to puke up the solution. ;)

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
So, after being closed for the first time ever yesterday (my company normally just says come it at your own risk, work from home, or take PTO), we were sent home today at lunch time because they discovered some sheared bolts connecting a main support beam to the roof. May be a few days before we're allowed back to work depending on how long it takes to fix.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
So, after being closed for the first time ever yesterday (my company normally just says come it at your own risk, work from home, or take PTO), we were sent home today at lunch time because they discovered some sheared bolts connecting a main support beam to the roof. May be a few days before we're allowed back to work depending on how long it takes to fix.

That doesn’t sound good. Hope they are paying you to work from home

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
That doesn’t sound good. Hope they are paying you to work from home
Yep, working from home today. Problem with being a Manufacturing Engineer is much of my daily work is based on what's being worked on or tested, and since nobody is there, nothing is being worked on. And since it's the end of the year most of my ongoing projects have been wrapped up. Hopefully they get it fixed today and back to business as usual tomorrow

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
about to get a wisdom tooth out im ****ting my pants

I got all 4 of my wisdom teeth out at once when I was 17 because my parents were nice enough to pay for that so I wouldn't have an Army dentist doing it in basic training. The doc shot me up with intravenous valium and gave me laughing gas. they were all impacted and he needed a little hammer to bust them out. With al lthe drugs it wasnt that bad, but my mouth was so swollen I had to eat only liquids for 4 days.

Also I had a bunch of percocets to get me through the aftermath, which nowadays is probably out the window. You should be good to go with only 1 bring extracted though.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
I got all 4 of my wisdom teeth out at once when I was 17 because my parents were nice enough to pay for that so I wouldn't have an Army dentist doing it in basic training. The doc shot me up with intravenous valium and gave me laughing gas. they were all impacted and he needed a little hammer to bust them out. With al lthe drugs it wasnt that bad, but my mouth was so swollen I had to eat only liquids for 4 days.

Also I had a bunch of percocets to get me through the aftermath, which nowadays is probably out the window. You should be good to go with only 1 bring extracted though.

yeah it was an easy one too.

a day on the couch with a few iced capps and tylenol was good enough haha

2 down 2 to go

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
The removal of three wisdom teeth wasn't a too big deal.

The fourth one got me crying and paddling snow from the back yard into a plastic bag so I can press the bag against my half-face in attempt to kill the pain.

SvechneJerk

Christ is King
Jul 15, 2018
NC
Heard tonight at Canes Corner with Aho...

Maniscalco - (paraphrasing) “So, with some of the struggles in learning English, where there ever times when you were being asked questions by, maybe a reporter, where you didn’t understand what they asked & you just gave a basic answer?”
Aho - “All the time.” *much laughter*

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Heard tonight at Canes Corner with Aho...

Maniscalco - (paraphrasing) “So, with some of the struggles in learning English, where there ever times when you were being asked questions by, maybe a reporter, where you didn’t understand what they asked & you just gave a basic answer?”
Aho - “All the time.” *much laughter*

Aka all postgame interviews with Tripp in his first couple of years. The seabass one comes to top of mind.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Handed in my resignation the other day at work. My manager responded that he was very surprised and disappointed as they had big plans for me.

This was the first time he spoke to me since he hired me in 2017 :laugh:

That's a negotiation strategy to see if you would be inquisitive about said "big plans" which likely either wasn't the case, or your name had come up recently. I'm guessing the former.

If you started pushing for answers, he likely wouldn't have had much to respond with immediately, but he obviously used a retention strategy on you, which means you were doing your job and well enough that they'd potentially come up with more money/responsibility if you started poking around.

OR, if he's just an asshole he'd backtrack, and eventually tell you it's for the best.

Last edited:

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
That's a negotiation strategy to see if you would be inquisitive about said "big plans" which likely either wasn't the case, or your name had come up recently. I'm guessing the former.

If you started pushing for answers, he likely wouldn't have had much to respond with immediately, but he obviously used a retention strategy on you, which means you were doing your job and well enough that they'd potentially come up with more money/responsibility if you started poking around.

OR, if he's just an ******* he'd backtrack, and eventually tell you it's for the best.

I had a phone call with him this morning that went pretty well. He told me about the plans he had in mind for me and that he would really like me to stay with the company. Told me I could return to my current project (where I’ve been the past 13 months) or take on a smaller one on my own. Lots to think about now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad