Hurricanes Lounge XXVIII: The "where's the rain?" edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
I don't, I'm sorry @Socks I was a Trumpet/Saxaphone nerd growing up.

:(
I was a trumpeter... trumpetist? Trumpeteer? ... I too played trumpet when I was younger, and piano, but I’ve always wanted to learn guitar. Violin as well but I’m thinking baby steps. Music was a huge part of my life when I was a kid, and through my early twenties and I’ve gotten away from it as I’ve gotten older. I want to regain that passion.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
I’m taking notes lol!!

If you haven’t picked up a guitar before, Sam Ash is a pretty good place to go and look. Find a decent guitar (I was partial to Ibanez) and see how it feels, the neck (thickness and what not) weight, and stuff. Kind of have to see how it feels to your hands. Don’t go over board. They get expensive fast. Pick up a decent amp, low end Fenders and others work fine.

Then learn to read Tab. Quickest way to learn to read music.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
If you haven’t picked up a guitar before, Sam Ash is a pretty good place to go and look. Find a decent guitar (I was partial to Ibanez) and see how it feels, the neck (thickness and what not) weight, and stuff. Kind of have to see how it feels to your hands. Don’t go over board. They get expensive fast. Pick up a decent amp, low end Fenders and others work fine.

Then learn to read Tab. Quickest way to learn to read music.
So I have small hands (and arms - my nickname at work is T-Rex). I’m hoping that won’t be too much of an issue. I had to stop playing ragtime on piano back when I played because I had a hard enough time with the reach, then I busted my pinky finger and now it’s kinda gimpy. Ragtime was out but I’m hoping it won’t get in the way here.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
So I have small hands (and arms - my nickname at work is T-Rex). I’m hoping that won’t be too much of an issue. I had to stop playing ragtime on piano back when I played because I had a hard enough time with the reach, then I busted my pinky finger and now it’s kinda gimpy. Ragtime was out but I’m hoping it won’t get in the way here.

Ukulele1_HiRes.jpg

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
Tony Iommi doesn’t have finger tips. You’ll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad