Hurricanes Lounge XXIX: The "Hot and Cold" edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
Not sure why we have an off topic thread. isn't that what our game board discussion threads are for? :sarcasm::laugh:

Anyway, how are you guys spending the off day(s)? My family's pretty religious, so we are having a big production on Easter (thank GOODNESS the game is not on Sunday). Planning on watching "US" tomorrow before the game, but today I am watching Mighty Ducks to bring me back to my childhood :laugh:

Reactions: Unsustainable

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Man that system just missed us in N Raleigh

And on another note, I'm also now getting predatory virus infested ads on this site when I'm not using an ad Blocker. Not good at all, HFB needs to be better than this.

Dec 30, 2013
So for my job production expectations are jumping ~20% next year and quality expectations are increasing as well.

No changes in benefits, and the software we use will be another year older and even more unstable (it was supposed to be replaced around 10 years ago, but the "next gen" software is still in development).

Debating whether to start job hunting again, as even with the current production expectations 55-60 hour weeks are more common than I'd like. Bleh.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Shall we turn this into a job search board? I need a Sr. Financial Analyst, 3-5 yrs exp, advanced excel, big plus for any HFM experience.

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
If we’re gonna turn this into a job search board anyone know of a cad/drafting/design position? Have CNC experience as well. Unemployment doesn’t suit me very well. I have expensive hobbies and I’ve found women aren’t generally into single dudes with jobs, whodathunkit?

Dec 30, 2013
Shall we turn this into a job search board? I need a Sr. Financial Analyst, 3-5 yrs exp, advanced excel, big plus for any HFM experience.

Hi, yes, I have several years of financial experience from reading Www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets and learning what not to do.

In all seriousness though, if anyone knows of any open entry level legal or compliance positions I'd love to hear about them.

Also, if you visit the subreddit mentioned above, do not do anything you see suggested there.

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
Well... I'm not really looking, but tell me more.

I'm a recovering CPA (audit side). I'm in industry now and debating what to do once I get sick of maintaining a GL. Analysis is more up my alley. I've probably got more experience than you're looking for, though. I'm coming up on the 10-year mark.

Dec 30, 2013
Morels are apparently popping up everywhere, but I would die if my life depended on finding one.

Old oysters? Check. Old dryad's saddle? Check. Baby chicken of the woods? Check. A morel of any size or shape? No luck.

Anyone else here enjoy foraging?

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Morels are apparently popping up everywhere, but I would die if my life depended on finding one.

Old oysters? Check. Old dryad's saddle? Check. Baby chicken of the woods? Check. A morel of any size or shape? No luck.

Anyone else here enjoy foraging?
That bastard looks deceivingly like those deadly poisonous ones of genus Gyromitra, the fugu of fungi.

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
Have a big time interview tomorrow morning and I’m already more nervous than at any point during the game 7 OT. By the end of this playoff run I’m going to need several prescriptions.

vorbis

bunch of likes
Feb 9, 2013
YTZ
I must be in the running for the world record for most snot produced in a single day. this cold is brutal. super scratchy throat as well. I'm thoroughly miserable right now.

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
Just heard about the shooting! Christ! Lived and worked in Charlotte for several years. Just horrifying and sickening. Life is madness. Be kind to those you love today. And blessings to anyone who may have been directly affected by this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad