Hurricanes Lounge XXIX: The "Hot and Cold" edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahoy there

Always in control of my stick
Nov 10, 2018
NC via WI
I take Claratin daily, as does my wife, as does our daughter (and has since she was 2.) Only thing that stopped the toddler ear infections. Even tubes were only a temporary solution.

This year's allergies are so bad my wife went to get tested for the flu yesterday. They told her to basically take a bunch of different things to try and overcome the allergies this year. It's worse than I ever remember in NC.
Strange how differently it affects everyone. I have battled severe allergies my whole life - even weekly shots as a kid. I've been waiting for the pollen to start this year. Hasn't impacted me a bit yet. Maybe it's just the pine that really kicks my ass... my Bradford's are done blooming so I know it's started. When the cars are all yellow I'll be in misery I'm sure.

Hope the rain this evening brings some relief to your family.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
I have a prescription for it, don’t use it really much.
I haven’t had to for a while, my allergies have improved generally, but years ago when it was still prescription only I had a nasty sinus infection that was misdiagnosed and I was miserable for 2 or 3 months. Finally I saw a different doctor and they prescribed Flonase (and some meds) and I got better. I started using it for seasonal allergies as well and never looked back.

DaJackal

Aug 3, 2015
Eastern front
@Unsustainable told me that having a kid means saying goodbye to sleep and money. Well, I don't know about the latter because I haven't had the time to analyze it but in my case I've recently slept like twice the amount I used to. Mainly because now I actually go to sleep in the evening.

The downside in this is that during this year I've maybe watched 7 periods of NHL hockey in total. Sigh.

Now when I'm thinking about it, it would be a lot easier if I were a Sabres fan, because that's pretty much the same amount of periods that they have actually shown up to play this year.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
@Unsustainable told me that having a kid means saying goodbye to sleep and money. Well, I don't know about the latter because I haven't had the time to analyze it but in my case I've recently slept like twice the amount I used to. Mainly because now I actually go to sleep in the evening.

The downside in this is that during this year I've maybe watched 7 periods of NHL hockey in total. Sigh.

Now when I'm thinking about it, it would be a lot easier if I were a Sabres fan, because that's pretty much the same amount of periods that they have actually shown up to play this year.

Lol, you are smart to go to bed early then.... I get up at 6am, and still can’t fall asleep after 10

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh

Ours is almost a year and a half. I haven't slept well in almost a year and a half.

Now we're talking about another one. I'm still not sure how I feel about signing up for another couple of years of crappy sleep.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Suckers. I slept on a separate floor for 9 months and let my wife handle those duties. Granted, it almost led to a nervous breakdown and divorce, but looking back, it was totally worth it.

We're expecting in August, can't wait for round 2!

Ha. We had twins so we decided we'd each get up with one of the twins during the night and for continuity, we'd stick with the same one. Thankfully, my twin started sleeping through the night after just 1.5 months. Her twin, took almost 6 months and even then would still be an early riser. To this day (they are in college now), their sleep habits are the basically the same when they are home from college. One can fall asleep anywhere and will sleep in, the other is up early every morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig