OT: Hurricanes Lounge XLIII: As Fun As Waterboarding

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
We are in the hill country of Texas, about 90 minutes west of San Antonio. Specifically, we are in Hunt, Texas and the picture is on the Guadalupe River. It is very shallow and slow moving, so very relaxing to float on.

Neat 😎

I'd like to visit the Texas hill country. I liked going to Dallas but man that city geographically kinda sucks.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
It seems like people are way more spun-up over this eclipse than they were in 2017, when the path of totality very helpfully traversed South Carolina and I made the drive to see it from a zoo in Columbia.

But there wasn't nearly as much hype last time around. I guess maybe because it didn't go over as many large cities.
I suspect number of large cities and time until the next one.

We are in the hill country of Texas, about 90 minutes west of San Antonio. Specifically, we are in Hunt, Texas and the picture is on the Guadalupe River. It is very shallow and slow moving, so very relaxing to float on.
Watch out for the piranha carp that exist in that river.

Reactions: DaveG and MinJaBen

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
IMG_5519.jpeg

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
one of my coworkers is very concerned something may happen because of this eclipse. He’s not sure what’s going to happen but he has a bad feeling. Apparently the sun was very hot this weekend so be careful folks.

Well something will definitely happen somewhere, so *yay him* I guess.

Also, could be worse:

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Nashville, IN 3:05PM

I think this eclipse was more hyped bc when the one occurred in 2017 the last one prior was in 1979 and only hit Pacific NW and sparsely populated areas...and the last major one that really spanned the US was in 1918 so there wasn't a lot known of what the actual experience would be like. If you're not in the path of totality it's like, kind of neat but nothing super special, but IN totality it's very eerie and surreal. So I think that experience spread after 2017 from folks who got to experience it and with the next not hitting the US until 2044, people wanted to see it

PXL_20240408_190648296.NIGHT.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad