OT: Hurricanes Lounge XLIII: As Fun As Waterboarding

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
Perks of living in Ohio:
1. Got to see the 2024 Solar Eclipse
2. Lake Erie
3. Cedar Point (although its gotten over crowded since I was young)
4. 7 pro sports teams.
5. Best damn band in the land.
6. Summer is f***ing amazing, not the humid you can't walk outside it is here
7. Put-in-bay, if ya know ya know.

There's many many more. Its such an underrated place and gets a lot of shit for stuff that happened half a century ago its crazy. If Va had half the cool shit Ohio has it would be an alright place to be.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
Cleveland is a neat city. I enjoyed visiting my dad when he lived there 10 years ago.

Yeah the architecture alone on some of the old churches is worth the visit. Add in little Italy, the Lakeview cemetery, Rock hall, sports.

Its actually a great town. If it wasn't for Dec-April northern Ohio weather I'd move back up with the rest of my family.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
giphy.gif
Too soon?

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
"If I Did It" - a novel by Prostate Cancer
I still think OJs son is the one who did it, OJ ran a distraction to keep his son from being investigated.

I think its very compelling.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I still think OJs son is the one who did it, OJ ran a distraction to keep his son from being investigated.

I think it’s very compelling.
It’s the way to make a compelling case for conspiracy theories. Use just enough truths, string together some related and unrelated facts, while ignoring others facts that don’t support it, draw a conclusion you want, and get it in the hands of those that will believe and spread it. Social media and people’s distrust of media (some warranted, some unwarranted) had made it so much easier.

Reactions: MinJaBen

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
It’s the way to make a compelling case for conspiracy theories. Use just enough truths, string together some related and unrelated facts, while ignoring others facts that don’t support it, draw a conclusion you want, and get it in the hands of those that will believe and spread it. Social media and people’s distrust of media (some warranted, some unwarranted) had made it so much easier.
I'm 36-0 in conspiracy theories

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA

Counterpoint: I now believe wholeheartedly that OJ’s son did it. And I only read the headline of the article.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad