OT: Hurricanes Lounge XLIII: As Fun As Waterboarding

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
River walk in San Antonio was awesome. Memphis was back in the early 90's but my understanding is its a bit if a war zone now.
Good call. San Antonio has River walk, the missions (including the Alamo), the Japanese Gardens, etc. A big city that feels small. Highly recommend.

The hill country of Texas and Fredericksburg is awesome as well.

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
River walk in San Antonio was awesome. Memphis was back in the early 90's but my understanding is its a bit if a war zone now.

Good call. San Antonio has River walk, the missions (including the Alamo), the Japanese Gardens, etc. A big city that feels small. Highly recommend.

If you’ve never heard or seen Charles Barkley talk about San Antonio I highly suggest looking for a clip.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Since we were talking about conspiracies earlier, I think this one takes the cake.

Yes, the *check notes* Sun and Moon have set up a conspiracy against…something?

From his bio:
UK & US Based Father, Conspiracy Realist/Coincidence Analyser, Data Interpreter, Reject Woke Ideology, Pronouns- Fu*k/Off, WEF -
🖕
, No mRNA, STOP GeoEngineering

1712027628203.gif

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
Since we were talking about conspiracies earlier, I think this one takes the cake.

Yes, the *check notes* Sun and Moon have set up a conspiracy against…something?

there are so many mass shootings in this country every year you could draw a random arced line through 80% of it and hit a streak of gnarly ones

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
there are so many mass shootings in this country every year you could draw a random arced line through 80% of it and hit a streak of gnarly ones

Yeah, between the mass shootings and literally any part of US history, you’re going to find something if you’re looking hard enough.

…And even then, he had to rely on things like “Rose Law Firm” and “Finger Lakes”

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
Yeah, that one got me. Maybe I am too much a part of the system, but is there an actual Finger Lakes conspiracy or did he just throw that one in there to see if people were paying attention?
In an episode of the office when they are interviewing Michael Scott’s replacements Jim Carrey plays a strange fellow who is very worried about getting back to his family who is on vacation at the finger lakes. He mentions that people disappear up at the finger lakes. Thats all I’ve ever heard about it.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
I was in Nashville a couple of weeks ago on a random Tuesday night and it was hoppin'. It has grown beyond Broad St. too. Nice places all over.

Many, many years ago I lived in TX and the wife (no a different wife) and I would go to Austin and the hill country. Fredricksburg is a treat. Still hear German spoken on the streets. Tubed down the Brazos on a couple of trips as well. Texas Hill Country is a bit of a hidden gem.

LostInaLostWorld

Work?
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2016
Central City
I was in Nashville a couple of weeks ago on a random Tuesday night and it was hoppin'. It has grown beyond Broad St. too. Nice places all over.

Many, many years ago I lived in TX and the wife (no a different wife) and I would go to Austin and the hill country. Fredricksburg is a treat. Still hear German spoken on the streets. Tubed down the Brazos on a couple of trips as well. Texas Hill Country is a bit of a hidden gem.
I lived outside Austin for a bit in the early 70s. The hill country is going to sh*t with all the growth there. Last visited 5 years ago. Still some hidden gems. Boerne has some good bars/music hall.

San Antonio is still nice. Just don't be disappointed with the Alamo. The huge bat cave outside town is pretty cool when they exit at night. (Larger than the Austin bunch).

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I lived outside Austin for a bit in the early 70s. The hill country is going to sh*t with all the growth there. Last visited 5 years ago. Still some hidden gems. Boerne has some good bars/music hall.

San Antonio is still nice. Just don't be disappointed with the Alamo. The huge bat cave outside town is pretty cool when they exit at night. (Larger than the Austin bunch).
I liked Boerne as well. Cool little town still.

The number of new wineries in the hill country in the last 5-10 years is incredible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad