GDT: Hurricanes @ Capitals 10/5/14| 3 PM| CSN

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
That's not the point anyone is arguing. You said we've had 1 good game this preseason, which is incorrect.

Where did I say that? Show me where I said we had 1 good preseason game. Go back and read the post you two have your panties in a wad about. I was talking about the impression left from THIS game. The results in previous games were mixed at best, and everyone who isn't a homer knows that. BUT that's even beside the point, as I was talking about this game going into the season.

Go ahead. Go back and read it. Take your time. Show us what reading past the 1st grade level is all about.

maybam

Mar 30, 2010
I had almost forgotten what it felt like to have our team hold possession and carry the play.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
g00n lets compare our numbers

1st
caps: 10 + 4 + 5
car: 2 + 4 + 4
2nd
caps: 8 + 1 + 3
car: 0 + 0 + 2
3rd
caps: 6(24) + 1(6) + 4(12) Corsi: 42(66.66%) Fenwick: 30(71.42%)
car: 5(7) + 1(5) + 3(9) Corsi: 21(33.33%) Fenwick: 12(28.57%)

PRicci09

Jan 17, 2013
He hated him so much, he couldn't say anything good about him after the game. What is he saying now?

Not a team player, coach killer, wont buy into the system

He even went out of his way to criticize his roster photo....... who cares?

Burakovsky95*

Where did I say that? Show me where I said we had 1 good preseason game. Go back and read the post you two have your panties in a wad about. I was talking about the impression left from THIS game. The results in previous games were mixed at best, and everyone who isn't a homer knows that. BUT that's even beside the point, as I was talking about this game going into the season.

Go ahead. Go back and read it. Take your time. Show us what reading past the 1st grade level is all about.

Umm through my reading comprehension skills that's what I got from this:

"We're talking about the Caps, right? The team with 3 preseason losses, a bad-looking 1-0 win vs the lowly Sabres and another sloppy 2-0 win vs MTL? A team who most agreed looked like **** much of the time except for a handful of guys like Bura?"

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Umm through my reading comprehension skills that's what I got from this:

"We're talking about the Caps, right? The team with 3 preseason losses, a bad-looking 1-0 win vs the lowly Sabres and another sloppy 2-0 win vs MTL? A team who most agreed looked like **** much of the time except for a handful of guys like Bura?"

That's a later post in response to the false claim by your buddy that there was only one bad game. Those are the mixed results I was talking about. Still even doing the math that isn't saying one good game. You're confused. Go back further.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Here, since you're having problems with your computer:

With previous Caps teams I would have been suspicious of a blowout win vs a bad team going into the season. Too much potential for false, overconfidence. Like, yeah we looked bad all preseason but this is who we really are, don't sweat it. Then things are still hard and they do just enough but no more night in and night out, exactly as they have since the MTL debacle.

We'll see how Trotz handles it.

The other guy is the one who tried to claim only one bad game, which is false. There were mixed results.

Jesus christ, get over your stat-gawking selves.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
@alex_prewitt: "You saw the lines today," Trotz said, except for maybe Latta and Green getting healthy and jumping into the lineup for opening night.

Erskine & Oleksy to be waived tomorrow then?

It's nice to have:

- A coach that can be trusted
- An infusion of skill up front
- D depth
- Organizational forward depth

Can't help but wonder about the center position but plenty of positives to take away from a rookie standpoint. O'Brien & Schmidt ought to make the opening night roster and there's not much need to rush either Orlov or Wilson. Kuznetsov isn't quite there but he gives them lineup flexibility. The top nine isn't great but there are enough options overall as-is to give Trotz the hammer when it comes to TOI.

It's a work in progress. The PK is likely the biggest concern at this point.

Burakovsky95*

That's a later post in response to the false claim by your buddy that there was only one bad game. Those are the mixed results I was talking about. Still even doing the math that isn't saying one good game. You're confused. Go back further.

I really don't understand why you're making a huge deal out of this. You are one of those people that refuse to move on to a completely proven analytical science. Me saying "one good game" was an exaggeration to correlate with how you were acting. Doesn't really come across well across the internet.

I actually agree with your first point about Trotz.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Oh man g00n, don't hold it against me, but I missed a blocked shot by Carolina and a missed shot by Carolina:

1st
caps: 10 + 4 + 5
car: 2 + 4 + 4
2nd
caps: 8 + 1 + 4
car: 0 + 1 + 2
3rd
caps: 6(24) + 1(6) + 4(13) Corsi: 43(66.15%) Fenwick: 30(69.76%)
car: 5(7) + 1(6) + 3(9) Corsi: 22(33.84%) Fenwick: 13(30.23%)

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I really don't understand why you're making a huge deal out of this. You are one of those people that refuse to move on to a completely proven analytical science. Me saying "one good game" was an exaggeration to correlate with how you were acting. Doesn't really come across well across the internet.

I actually agree with your first point about Trotz.

No one's holding a gun to your head and making you post, pal.

Also, "completely proven analytical science" is false. Sorry.

Burakovsky95*

No one's holding a gun to your head and making you post, pal.

Also, "completely proven analytical science" is false. Sorry.

Explain to me your exact problems with advanced analytics.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Explain to me your exact problems with advanced analytics.

Use your search function. We've done this to death, over and over. There are quotes from NHL coaches (including Trotz) couching the use of these stats along with the "eye test" that you loathe. There are links to articles that have analyzed the topic and concluded it isn't what you say it is. We even have a thread dedicated to it on this forum. Start there.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1727289

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad