GDT: Hurricanes @ Capitals 10/5/14| 3 PM| CSN

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Hope Carlson adds some nastiness too, would like to see him lay some hits too

Carlson seems very coachable. The playoff series under Dale, he was as physical as I've ever seen a Caps Dman in recent years. He was downright nasty. And as I've said, that was one of the best performances by a Caps Dman I've seen in years.

Dude's got it. Hopefully Tortz can bring it out of him like Dale did.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
The Dubinsky fight showed he didn't really have any...at least at that time. I'm guessing that's still the case.

Yes, Brads ruined a chance to watch Ov square off with Downie who very likely would have taken his head off. I am fine with that.

I don't mind Ov wrestling with somebody because he is strong on his skates as their is, but I don't want either his head or his hands getting involved.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Carlson seems very coachable. The playoff series under Dale, he was as physical as I've ever seen a Caps Dman in recent years. He was downright nasty. And as I've said, that was one of the best performances by a Caps Dman I've seen in years.

Dude's got it. Hopefully Tortz can bring it out of him like Dale did.

I think we need to realize something. Most of these players do what they are told at least on the big picture items. Both Carlson and Green are more than capable of being physical. In Green's case he can be downright dirty. Carlson pre Oates, had always been free to make a play. Either offensively or with a hit because Alzner was steady and reliable to back him up.

Oates did not want his players going out of their way to make a hit nor did he want any sort of after the whistle hijinx. The proof that is not on the d corp but watching Ovechkin curtail his hitting.

If Trotz wants these guys to hit, they will be hitting. The real show will be Orlov if he ever gets healthy enough to get comfortable. He is the real highlight hitter of the bunch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad