GDT: Hurricanes @ Capitals 10/5/14| 3 PM| CSN

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
With previous Caps teams I would have been suspicious of a blowout win vs a bad team going into the season. Too much potential for false, overconfidence. Like, yeah we looked bad all preseason but this is who we really are, don't sweat it. Then things are still hard and they do just enough but no more night in and night out, exactly as they have since the MTL debacle.

We'll see how Trotz handles it.

Down goes Brown.

Burakovsky95*

I meant that Carolina dominated Buffalo.

I thought you were insinuating that they did very well against Buffalo and we got trounced by Buffalo so they don't actually suck.

My bad.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
With previous Caps teams I would have been suspicious of a blowout win vs a bad team going into the season. Too much potential for false, overconfidence. Like, yeah we looked bad all preseason but this is who we really are, don't sweat it. Then things are still hard and they do just enough but no more night in and night out, exactly as they have since the MTL debacle.

We'll see how Trotz handles it.

Down goes Brown.

They've had one bad preseason game. Go away.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
They've had one bad preseason game. Go away.

We're talking about the Caps, right? The team with 3 preseason losses, a bad-looking 1-0 win vs the lowly Sabres and another sloppy 2-0 win vs MTL? A team who most agreed looked like **** much of the time except for a handful of guys like Bura?

Yeah, why don't you go away instead, homer.

Burakovsky95*

We're talking about the Caps, right? The team with 3 preseason losses, a bad-looking 1-0 win vs the lowly Sabres and another sloppy 2-0 win vs MTL? A team who most agreed looked like **** much of the time except for a handful of guys like Bura?

You're looking at the basic stats. Possession wise we've actually been dominant which indicates only good things in the future. I normally disagree with SS on literally everything but this time he's right.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA

So by your logic losing=bad game, but also winning=bad game.

Could you stick to one argument.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
You're looking at the basic stats. Possession wise we've actually been dominant which indicates only good things in the future. I normally disagree with SS on literally everything but this time he's right.

I'm not looking at the stats. I'm going by the gameplay. You're going by his corsi calculations, right? Then I don't care.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Oh relax, can't tell anything from pre-season...EXCEPT MY HOMEMADE CORSI!!!

Burakovsky95*

LOLOLOL CORSI FENWICK

Learn to watch hockey instead of spreadsheets, boy

Yea those proven statistics that every team in the NHL is now using to evaluate talent. Those spreadsheet boys are getting hired by NHL organizations just for ***** and giggles.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA

Lol this is a troll post right? You do realize the full lineup doesn't play in all the preseason games right?

Burakovsky95*

Oh relax, can't tell anything from pre-season...EXCEPT MY HOMEMADE CORSI!!!

Do you really think it's that hard to count shot attempts? Do we need to go back to first grade?

ilovealistair

Apr 14, 2014
they look great tonight as far as im concerned, a few bad (underserved) penalties but that happens with every team. I also saw the one a few days ago, cant remember who they played but they goot a shootout win. Hopefully we just continue to play well and let trotz work out the kinks

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Oh my god are you all high? Talk about missing the point. My point was that Trotz has a better chance of not letting early success go to their heads, not that the preseason record or stats are set in stone. What are you all smoking today? Injecting too much marijuanas again?

Burakovsky95*

Oh my god are you all high? Talk about missing the point. My point was that Trotz has a better chance of not letting early success go to their heads, not that the preseason record or stats are set in stone. What are you all smoking today? Injecting too much marijuanas again?

That's not the point anyone is arguing. You said we've had 1 good game this preseason, which is incorrect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad