GDT: Hurricanes at Devils 12:30 EDT - Game #78 (MSG)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
As long as we have one of the softest , easiest to play against forward group , we are not making the playoffs . Simple as that . At least Fitz has got some big mobile D to work with . Need to get rid of the useless deadweight in Tatar Johnson Zacha . Add Nuke and guys that can get the puck out of our zone under pressure instead of being scared to take a hit .

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
It's only a few games but holy shit Okhotiuk looks awesome. Just great positionally, always in the right spot, physical, angles guys to the wall and shuts them down, pretty nasty along the wall too, he just ends plays, not too bad in front either. He makes some nifty little plays with the puck too with quick little passes or just chips it out of trouble if there's nothing there.

He's probably boxed more guys out of the crease in two games than all the other Dmen combined all year. Hopefully this jerk off staff doesn't coach it out of him cause everyone else fronts the opposing forwards and immediately concedes the crease, I hate that shit.

Only play he kinda got beat on (if you want to call it that) was the two on one, he was in the right spot but got beat by a perfect saucer pass over his stick. I'm actually gushing over him right now, we haven't had a defenseman of this ilk in a very long time, this is the exact kind of player we've been missing back there. Super solid defensively but a completely different player than Siegs, hopefully he can keep it up.

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
I don’t think his teammates disliked him I’m pretty sure you made up 90% of this. He’s very clearly an idiot and has a history of being one since junior hockey. It’s not just that one incident. Some of it is overblown but he is very clearly an idiot.
I don’t think his teammates disliked him I’m pretty sure you made up 90% of this. He’s very clearly an idiot and has a history of being one since junior hockey. It’s not just that one incident. Some of it is overblown but he is very clearly an idiot.
Said his teammates liked him....Why is he in an idiot? And who cares if he is....If he plays good on the ice and doesn't kill or or injure people off of it I could care less how he acts or talks on Facebook...You know him personally if not then how do know he's an idiot sounds made up...

Reactions: Jersey Fan 12

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Oh look another loss. This teams such an embarrassment and a joke
You can’t possibly have any real emotions over a one goal loss against one of the best teams in the league, with Bratt and Hughes out, Siegenthaler out, and playing quite literally the worst goalie in the league in game 78 of a throwaway season, right?

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
If Recchi is still on the staff in the same capacity next year , I am not going to waste my time watching anymore . Why invest time into a team that is ok with failure ? That is essentially what it is if they continue on with Recchi . No other way to look at it in my eyes

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
You can’t possibly have any real emotions over a one goal loss against one of the best teams in the league, with Bratt and Hughes out, Siegenthaler out, and playing quite literally the worst goalie in the league in game 78 of a throwaway season, right?
Why not ? It’s the way they lost that is upsetting . Up two goals with what , 6 minutes left in the game and they lost ? Yes it was against a top team with us missing players but it’s the way we lost . They managed to be winning late into the game and once again found a way to lose

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hopefully Ruff is getting ready for his retirement in a couple weeks
I think he is. I don't think he'll be back next year.

I have a bit of skepticism that he will be back, but I don't think he is.

However, since I am slightly skeptical, I think Fitz earns himself a heel turn around here if he doesn't make a change.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Both teams were missing some key players. Obviously we have more key players out but this loss sucks. We play a decent game against a top team and blow it at home in front of our fans. We deserve better. Gillies was pretty good this game too. One way or another this team always caves in and chokes. Damon Severson is always at the forefront.

Hamilton better bounce back next season. He's been meh.sincd returning from injury.

Ruff and coaching staff out hopefully this summer. You can't call Nolan Foote up to play 5 minutes , that is so pointless. The guy shortened the bench all for nothing.

Reactions: Pomee

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Hopefully TDA will go to some West Coast team next year so we don’t continually have to have this inane debate over the 2nd round pick we could have had by signing him and flipping him at the deadline.

Reactions: Bleedred

McDuffz88

HIRE BERUBE!!!
Sep 18, 2019
I think he is. I don't think he'll be back next year.

I have a bit of skepticism that he will be back, but I don't think he is.

However, since I am slightly skeptical, I think Fitz earns himself a heel turn around here if he doesn't make a change.
Yeah at this point I don't see how he is back. Theres no excuses for our lack of team structure. We are only good at one thing & thats generating off the rush. The definition of a one trick pony. If a team takes that away from us we are rendered useless.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Said his teammates liked him....Why is he in an idiot? And who cares if he is....If he plays good on the ice and doesn't kill or or injure people off of it I could care less how he acts or talks on Facebook...You know him personally if not then how do know he's an idiot sounds made up...
I will actually say I’ve met him before lol.
But he’s done more than just the social media stuff.

Literally got suspended twice in one season in the OHL for using slurs, and has gained a reputation for that. Got suspended again that season for abuse of an official.
Got scratched for 8 games in a row in his first AHL season because of behavioural issues while he was putting up 43 points in 69 games as a dman.
Got suspended for 3 games while he was with the coyotes for physical assault of a referee.
Got scratched earlier in his rangers career due to a maturity issue.
Got benched for the second game of the season in 2020 after taking what was called an undisciplined unsportsmanlike penalty.
And then there was the Georgiev altercation which ended with Deangelo off the team.

I think it’s fair to say he’s definitely an idiot.
And you have no clue what you’re talking about saying his teammates like him. Just making that up. Maybe they did, maybe they didn’t and maybe it was a bit of both. Doesn’t change the fact that he’s a moron who has continuously gotten himself in trouble and drawn a lot of attention by being an idiot.

Dylan9z9

May 16, 2012
Rockaway, NJ
I'm not sure which part of my post you're referring to tbh. I grouped you in because you pulled the stupid wE pAy YoUr SaLaRy nonsense
I said that because it would have been nice to win one of the few games left at home (a game they had won and should have easily won) for their fans but I guess it was too much to ask.
Don't bother regurgitating all the usual excuses, we've been hearing them all season🙂

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
It's only a few games but holy shit Okhotiuk looks awesome. Just great positionally, always in the right spot, physical, angles guys to the wall and shuts them down, pretty nasty along the wall too, he just ends plays, not too bad in front either. He makes some nifty little plays with the puck too with quick little passes or just chips it out of trouble if there's nothing there.

He's probably boxed more guys out of the crease in two games than all the other Dmen combined all year. Hopefully this jerk off staff doesn't coach it out of him cause everyone else fronts the opposing forwards and immediately concedes the crease, I hate that shit.

Only play he kinda got beat on (if you want to call it that) was the two on one, he was in the right spot but got beat by a perfect saucer pass over his stick. I'm actually gushing over him right now, we haven't had a defenseman of this ilk in a very long time, this is the exact kind of player we've been missing back there. Super solid defensively but a completely different player than Siegs, hopefully he can keep it up.
He was battling Svenchnikov in front too good to see someone making a forward pay a price to be there

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yeah at this point I don't see how he is back. Theres no excuses for our lack of team structure. We are only good at one thing & thats generating off the rush. The definition of a one trick pony. If a team takes that away from us we are rendered useless.
The only excuse he gets is goaltending at this point and Jack Hughes missing 40% of the games has nothing to do with that.

Our record in games Hughes played is probably just about as bad as games Hughes didn't play.

Hughes is probably a better excuse for Recchi, considering our power play was doing better when Hughes was still playing.

Both need to just f***ing go so badly.

Reactions: Dylan9z9

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
I will actually say I’ve met him before lol.
But he’s done more than just the social media stuff.

Literally got suspended twice in one season in the OHL for using slurs, and has gained a reputation for that. Got suspended again that season for abuse of an official.
Got scratched for 8 games in a row in his first AHL season because of behavioural issues while he was putting up 43 points in 69 games as a dman.
Got suspended for 3 games while he was with the coyotes for physical assault of a referee.
Got scratched earlier in his rangers career due to a maturity issue.
Got benched for the second game of the season in 2020 after taking what was called an undisciplined unsportsmanlike penalty.
And then there was the Georgiev altercation which ended with Deangelo off the team.

I think it’s fair to say he’s definitely an idiot.
And you have no clue what you’re talking about saying his teammates like him. Just making that up. Maybe they did, maybe they didn’t and maybe it was a bit of both. Doesn’t change the fact that he’s a moron who has continuously gotten himself in trouble and drawn a lot of attention by being an idiot.
Making what up is the question many came to his defense so don't see why you ignore all of that and has fit in on Carolina pretty well....Seems to me those attacks on him were from people outside of the room due to his political beliefs more than from within....I would rack up his OHL issues more to being young and immature....

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
I'm not sure how you can look at all the games that have gone down like today's and keep the coaching staff.

All year long, instead of just chipping it out and getting reset, we kick it back in trying to start a breakout that fails and keeps tired players stuck on the ice.
Would agree. But I can't help thinking the analytics staff has more to say about the lineup than the coaching staff does.

For far too many games contract status dictated the lineup and not production.

Similarly, far too many times over the past two seasons did the same players repeatedly commit the same errors without consequences while others had very little margin for error.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Making what up is the question many came to his defense so don't see why you ignore all of that and has fit in on Carolina pretty well....Seems to me those attacks on him were from people outside of the room due to his political beliefs more than from within....I would rack up his OHL issues more to being young and immature....
Huh? There’s literally been issues through this entire career. As I said I’m sure some of it is overblown but you can’t just ignore the clear evidence that he’s an idiot and has had issues wherever he’s gone. At the OHL, AHL, and NHL level all before the Georgiev incident that was essentially the last straw. If that was the sole incident it’s very unlikely the Rangers get rid of him. And being young and immature is no excuse for using slurs man.

I’m not ignoring anything. People coming to his defense doesn’t mean he isn’t an idiot that causes problem like all the evidence throughout his entire career suggests.

The Canes made a smart bet that has paid off. And he has fit in and he hasn’t had any issues so far. But I’m sure that’s helped by the fact that he’s already lost tens of millions of dollars and is likely on his last chance.

I’m not even sure what your argument is at this point. Some people came to his defensemen so he’s not an idiot who has caused problems through his career?

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
That is not all on Ruff. That is in Fitz as well to give him the players to be able to play a certain style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad