GDT: Hurricanes at Devils 12:30 EDT - Game #78 (MSG)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Both goals on the Hurricanes were bad. We didn't play horribly, but we didn't generate hardly anything today.

This game looked exactly like a game in the Hynes era where we played the conservative low-event system because our goalies are bad.

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
I'm pretty sure we'll lose at least one of these games to the Red Wings.

We're on pace for 65 points. Just one fewer point than we were on pace for last year.

It's unacceptable to bring this staff back. It's gonna end BADLY if we do bring them back. That's all I'm saying.
Agree Fitz has to say does a slow start next year have me firing staff if answer to that is yes then make move at the end of season.....

Reactions: Bleedred

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Both goals on the Hurricanes were bad. We didn't play horribly, but we didn't generate hardly anything today.

This game looked exactly like a game in the Hynes era where we played the conservative low-event system because our goalies are bad.

The Skjei goal was hockey karma for all the grade A chances they missed or Gillies robbed, good teams win games like that whereas bad teams like us find ways to lose them.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Rydev

Jan 14, 2022
I think I'll be on the ''Fire Fitz'' wagon if this staff is back next year.

Because he's only gonna have to fire them in December (or sometime between October-January) like Shero had to do with Hynes.

What's he gonna do if he brings them back and we struggle the first few weeks? Is he gonna send Dan MacKinnon down to the bench to babysit him and try to to hold his hand like his ''Mentor'' did by sending him down there to sit with Hynes instead of just firing him?

This staff can't be here next year.
My only consideration with that is if Fitzgerald commits to a 2-4 week buffer for Ruff next season. Id let Recchi go but doubt itd happen, I think Jack and co like him.

Personally Id let them all go including Nassredine this offseason. But I could see the logic in starting next season with them and see if it is in fact a player issue more than a systems issue. Or maybe Ruff adjusts in the offseason after receiving constructive criticism, who knows.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't ever wanna hear how good of a general manager Tom Fitzgerald is if this staff is back next year.

Let's see what happens, but the arrow starts pointing in the direction of ''Insufficient'' for his grade as a GM here if he brings this staff back.

Ruff needs to go, Recchi needs to go. I see no reason to bring Nas back as part of a fourth(including his own) head coaching regime.

Rogalski needs to go, but I somehow think he's the safest one.

Dylan9z9

May 16, 2012
Rockaway, NJ
Funny how Dano and Sal are always saying how good they played after each loss🤣
If they are playing so good how do they always seem to lose especially when they had the game won👎

Reactions: Camille the Eel

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
My only consideration with that is if Fitzgerald commits to a 2-4 week buffer for Ruff next season. Id let Recchi go but doubt itd happen, I think Jack and co like him.

Personally Id let them all go including Nassredine this offseason. But I could see the logic in starting next season with them and see if it is in fact a player issue more than a systems issue. Or maybe Ruff adjusts in the offseason after receiving constructive criticism, who knows.
If we go into next season with them, odds are we will be exiting next season without them.

And if fans can see this happening, it should be a no-brainer for the guys that actually get paid money (like in millions) to run this team.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
I'm not sure how you can look at all the games that have gone down like today's and keep the coaching staff.

All year long, instead of just chipping it out and getting reset, we kick it back in trying to start a breakout that fails and keeps tired players stuck on the ice.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Ahh, never mind. They did give Sharangovich credit for the first goal. Not a bad one on the goalie, but Nico's definitely was.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Funny everyone saying he was the idiot yet his teammates wanted the goalie gone not him....He was one of most popular with his teammates in NY....

Yes because DeAngelo is the better player, that alone should tell you about sports and how much good players get away with, lol.

NjDevsRR

Hard To Find
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Damon did have a great game . But to defend him on that play is ridiculous. Ok great. His teammates left him to dry, that doesn’t excuse him from throwing the puck to the opponent and not trying to neutralize the play along the boards instead to look for a better option. Cmon. I thought he was doing just that when he made the cut back to the left, I figured he was going to keep it on the boards until he had a better option, but nope.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Funny everyone saying he was the idiot yet his teammates wanted the goalie gone not him....He was one of most popular with his teammates in NY....
I don’t think his teammates disliked him I’m pretty sure you made up 90% of this. He’s very clearly an idiot and has a history of being one since junior hockey. It’s not just that one incident. Some of it is overblown but he is very clearly an idiot.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I honestly don’t know what to say anymore . It’s so frustrating having a shit team . I have liked most of the moves Fitz has done so far , however if he does not fire Recchi at the very very least …. I don’t think Fitz has what it takes to be the GM that gets us to the promise land . I think he might be almost too nice / thoughtfull where he diesnt gave it in him to fire people …. We will see I guess

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
3 goals and 9 points in his last 16 games and still might end the season at a point per game pace or higher. He's been 20 for 3 months. How's everyone feeling?

Idgaf. Damon should have neutralized it along the boards then and waited for his linemates another second or two to return. I like Damon but I knew exactly he was going to throw the puck into a bad spot when he ended up in that position in OT, AGAIN.
Waited for his line mates who already blew the zone allowing THREE Hurricanes to have a 3 on 1 because they decided to leave the defensive zone.
Way to reward the Fans who are paying your salary assholes👎

Damon did have a great game . But to defend him on that play is ridiculous. Ok great. His teammates left him to dry, that doesn’t excuse him from throwing the puck to the opponent and not trying to neutralize the play along the boards instead to look for a better option. Cmon. I thought he was doing just that when he made the cut back to the left, I figured he was going to keep it on the boards until he had a better option, but nope.
It's not like he was standing there alone behind the net and threw a pizza up the wall. He was being hounded by Aho. It's a bad play but the forwards gave him no help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
We need better defensive forwards that can shut down a line . Stops the momentum of the other team. You can see the tide if the game turn and looks inevitable that the other team eventually scores .
Fire the trash into orbit , Tatar Johnson Zacha are all soft pieces of baby poop . Fitz has to get a couple of players like Nuke to replace a soft , easy to play against forward group .

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Multiple teammates had beef with TDA on the Rags. Wtf are you guys smoking.
I’m not actually sure that’s true. Other than the Georgiev incident I don’t think there was any evidence of other players not liking him. Maybe I’m wrong. He’s clearly an idiot though

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Ruff not playing Foote says a lot . Might be some discontent between coach and GM . Fitz decides to call up Foote and Ruff must not have any faith in the kid as he was hardly used at all

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Ruff not playing Foote says a lot . Might be some discontent between coach and GM . Fitz decides to call up Foote and Ruff must not have any faith in the kid as he was hardly used at all
No I think it’s just because he’s not very good and was only called up because Bratt is sick.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm not sure how you can look at all the games that have gone down like today's and keep the coaching staff.

All year long, instead of just chipping it out and getting reset, we kick it back in trying to start a breakout that fails and keeps tired players stuck on the ice.
If this staff is back, I don't want any praise for Tom. I will not tolerate having to read ''Fitz is great!'' if he doesn't make a change before the next season starts.

One of the reasons Shero gets criticized is for how long he kept Hynes, but he probably only kept Hynes about 6 weeks too long. Whenever Tom had to come down to the bench to hold Hynes hand or babysit or whatever that was all about, that's about when Hynes should have been fired and had the plug pulled on him. I'm not sure what that type of artificial life support was, but the Hynes plug should have been pulled then.

We're at the point where this staff does not deserve a single game here next season or they will be fired a couple months into the season, just like Hynes was that year.

They weren't gonna fire Hynes at the conclusion of the 18-19 season. He just made the playoffs the year before, so you knew he was getting another chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad