GDT: Hurricanes at Devils 12:30 EDT - Game #78 (MSG)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Was there any doubt? LMAO this is such a Devils game.

This was THE most NJ Devils outcome you can possibly have for a NJD game for this season. Symbolizes perfectly the whole season of "finding ways to lose" and somehow laying a turd at the right moments.

The arena was so quiet for most of the game, it epitomizes the same lack of will this team has to close out a lead.

Also, Bleeds quote about super low event hockey is right. Reminded me of Hynes turtle system for the first period and a half, exactly what I was discussing with a buddy at the game.

(...and for once or maybe twice this season, Gillies actually deserved better here, lol)

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
First one that I can remember was K Miller
Good lord I don’t want to go over this. That Miller puck stuff was only discussed after he was waived by the Rangers and likely didn’t happen.

The Rangers gave TDA an ultimatum to behave himself or he was gone after he did a lot of dumb shit. Then the fight with Georgiev happened right after they gave him an ultimatum. So Gorton & Co. kept their word and acted on the ultimatum they had just given him. And he was waived. They tried to trade him, that failed. He had a relatively cheap buyout because he was under 26 at the time. The end.

We only know this because of what team and reporters said after he was waived, no one knew about any of that before it happened. It was stuff between the Rangers and an employee, which is typically how people get let go.

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
Good lord I don’t want to go over this. That Miller puck stuff was only discussed after he was waived by the Rangers and likely didn’t happen.

The Rangers gave TDA an ultimatum to behave himself or he was gone after he did a lot of dumb shit. Then the fight with Georgiev happened right after they gave him an ultimatum. So Gorton & Co. kept their word and acted on the ultimatum they had just given him. And he was waived. They tried to trade him, that failed. He had a relatively cheap buyout because he was under 26 at the time. The end.

We only know this because of what team and reporters said after he was waived, no one knew about any of that before it happened. It was stuff between the Rangers and an employee, which is typically how people get let go.
Then don't enter it

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020

All I originally said is his teammates liked him and they thought goalie was wrong....Georgiev has wanted out since....Gorton totally mishandled that situation if he was on his last chances he should have traded him after his big year not signed him to LT deal.....

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
If Hammond so good, where he has been the last several years? Why didn't he play in the NHL between April of 2018 and February of 2022? How dumb is the league for passing on this gem?

How come Gillies didn't play a game in the NHL between April of 2018 and November of 2021? How dumb is the league for passing on this gem? And how dumb are the Blues for letting this guy go once they had him for NOTHING?
But Hammond had two really good games against the Isles & Ottawa, when they were losing a lot, for Montreal two weeks after St Louis started coaching there!?! His SV% in the other two games was .878% but ignore that, this is very telling!

He’s only had one great game like those first two, out of five, for us after coming off the IR from an ankle injury!! This is statistically very telling!!!

• Haha
Reactions: Bleedred

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
All I originally said is his teammates liked him and they thought goalie was wrong....Georgiev has wanted out since....Gorton totally mishandled that situation if he was on his last chances he should have traded him after his big year not signed him to LT deal.....

I don’t care at all about what the Rangers should have done.

I’m just pushing back at any attempt to suggest we could and/or should have signed TDA, particularly if it involves garbled versions of the originally happened in the past.

I don’t care about the Rangers or TDA, I care about the Devils.

Dylan9z9

May 16, 2012
Rockaway, NJ

I’m just pushing back at any attempt to suggest we could and/or should have signed TDA, particularly if it involves garbled versions of the originally happened in the past.

Hate the Rangers and their arrogant fans🙂

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020

Guy has just been arguing with people without providing a single fact-supported claim or evidence of his claim. And then because he doesn’t have anything close to a remotely decent argument he just questions why you are even arguing with him or seem to care so much and then says it’s just his opinion like there isn’t mountains of evidence that Deangelo is a moron and has caused problems at every level, everywhere he’s gone.

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
Guy has just been arguing with people without providing a single fact-supported claim or evidence of his claim. And then because he doesn’t have anything close to a remotely decent argument he just questions why you are even arguing with him or seem to care so much and then says it’s just his opinion like there isn’t mountains of evidence that Deangelo is a moron and has caused problems at every level, everywhere he’s gone.
Not true I gave an opinion of how I saw it you said it was made up....You and I were not in the room which means what we see or hear reported on we forge an opinion....You could be wrong that in fact he was well liked by his teammates and I could be wrong and most hated him....Nothing made up...Because I don't hold your opinion it's made up?? Because of his past he's wrong all the time and that's a fact in life....He has a past absolutely doesn't mean he's the bad guy all the time....Once again only ones who know for sure are those in the room....

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Not true I gave an opinion of how I saw it you said it was made up....You and I were not in the room which means what we see or hear reported on we forge an opinion....You could be wrong that in fact he was well liked by his teammates and I could be wrong and most hated him....Nothing made up...Because I don't hold your opinion it's made up?? Because of his past he's wrong all the time and that's a fact in life....He has a past absolutely doesn't mean he's the bad guy all the time....Once again only ones who know for sure are those in the room....
Lol go back and reread the conversation. I never said his teammates disliked I quite literally said they may have liked him or they may not of.

Most this response is actually a perfect argument to your original post. You’re absolutely right that he could’ve been well liked by his teammates. I just said what you were saying originally seemed made up and you didn’t actually have any evidence of this. And then you suggested he isn’t actually an idiot. Which I disagree with and provided a ton of evidence to support that.

“Funny everyone saying he was the idiot yet his teammates wanted the goalie gone not him....He was one of most popular with his teammates in NY....”

That is your original statement which is completely baseless and made up. Nor is that giving your opinion. You’re saying that like it’s a fact which it isn’t. You have no clue if that is true. As you said, only the people in the room know.

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Guy has just been arguing with people without providing a single fact-supported claim or evidence of his claim. And then because he doesn’t have anything close to a remotely decent argument he just questions why you are even arguing with him or seem to care so much and then says it’s just his opinion like there isn’t mountains of evidence that Deangelo is a moron and has causes problems at every level, everywhere he’s gone.
The thing is, if you’re a TDA sympathizer is the sense you want him to shape up, get his life together and turn that boat around then Carolina is the perfect small market and team for him.

We aren’t. Not even a little.

We’re culture building. He’s trying to blend into a pre-existing strong culture.

This is part of the NY media market, they ignore our team because we don’t win but they (meaning things like the NY tabloids) wouldn’t have ignored TDA.

The had the hole Hamilton left and the greatest partner an offensive defenseman can have in the NHL in Slavin.

They have one of the top (younger) coaches in the leagues that is in no danger of losing his job, runs a very tight disciplined ship and has a very forceful personality.

If someone is doing a show me deal, they try to go somewhere where they can pump those stats. A top team with not that much else in terms of offense from the blue line outside of Skjei is exactly that sort of team.

Etc Etc

You can want those points, but it should be obvious when a signing wasn’t actually realistically available to us, even though we could have “outbid” them in theory.

I knew he would most likely do well there, people were just being delusional when they thought he would flame out there. He had gotten cocky after the Rangers signed him and that earned him yet another life lesson, immediately followed by a 2nd 3rd 4th? chance.

I assumed he could be a good little boy for a year on a great team while on prohibition. Also he’s 26, he has to have grown up some at this point. Still going to be an idiot obviously.

It’s annoying to still discuss him, but I hate “we could have had DeAngelo but you guys hate what he said on Facebook!” stuff because it makes my head hurt and I feel I have to counter it.

Last edited:

McDuffz88

HIRE BERUBE!!!
Sep 18, 2019
If Ruff isn't fired this summer I hope the leash is EXTREMELY short. Like before Thanksgiving if this shit show continues. I am leery of the excuses of injuries and goaltending being in his favor.
If Ruff aint fired this summer then its Fitz who should have the short leash. Going into next year with Ruff is basically guaranteed to be firing him mid season & by then we will already be in the hole aka another season tossed in the garbage. 0 reason to go into next year with Ruff. Yeah our guys are having career years but that means 0 when you can't win a game to save your life. If by chance we made it into the playoffs we would get steamrolled. The way this team plays they got no shot. They got 0 structure. They can barely clear a zone & have complete structural meltdowns as soon as the opponent starts trying. Like I said earlier we are a one trick pony team. Shut down our rush game we don't know what to do.

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
The thing is, if you’re a TDA sympathizer is the sense you want him to shape up, get his life together and turn that boat around then Carolina is the perfect small market and team for him.

We aren’t. Not even a little.

We’re culture building. He’s trying to blend into a pre-existing strong culture.

This is part of the NY media market, they ignore our team because we don’t win but they (meaning things like the NY tabloids) wouldn’t have ignored TDA.

The had the hole Hamilton left and the greatest partner an offensive defenseman can have in the NHL in Slavin.

They have one of the top (younger) coaches in the leagues that is in no danger of losing his job, runs a very tight disciplined ship and has a very forceful personality.

If someone is doing a show me deal, they try to go somewhere where they can pump those stats. A top team with not that much else in terms of offense from the blue line outside of Skjei is exactly that sort of team.

Etc Etc

You can want those points, but it should be obvious when a signing wasn’t actually realistically available to us, even though we could have “outbid” them in theory.

I knew he would most likely do well there, people were just being delusional when they thought he would flame out there. He had gotten cocky after the Rangers signed him and that earned him yet another life lesson, immediately followed by a 2nd 3rd 4th? chance.

I assumed he could be a good little boy for a year on a great team while on prohibition. Also he’s 26, he has to have grown up some at this point. Still going to be an idiot obviously.

It’s annoying to still discuss him, but I hate “we could have had DeAngelo but you guys hate what he said on Facebook!” stuff because it makes my head hurt and I feel I have to counter it.
Never said in this argument to sign him said I don't care what happens off the ice and so on never said to sign him....

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
Lol go back and reread the conversation. I never said his teammates disliked I quite literally said they may have liked him or they may not of.

Most this response is actually a perfect argument to your original post. You’re absolutely right that he could’ve been well liked by his teammates. I just said what you were saying originally seemed made up and you didn’t actually have any evidence of this. And then you suggested he isn’t actually an idiot. Which I disagree with and provided a ton of evidence to support that.

“Funny everyone saying he was the idiot yet his teammates wanted the goalie gone not him....He was one of most popular with his teammates in NY....”

That is your original statement which is completely baseless and made up. Nor is that giving your opinion. You’re saying that like it’s a fact which it isn’t. You have no clue if that is true. As you said, only the people in the room know.
It's not baseless and your facts in the argument are his past history you have no facts to back up your opinion.....

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
It's not baseless and your facts in the argument are his past history you have no facts to back up your opinion.....
I literally provided a ton of evidence to back up my opinion that Deangelo is an idiot. Do you want me to list them off again.

What you said is completely baseless. Not a shroud of evidence to support that statement. Or at least not that you provided. Come back when you actually have an argument to make and not just baseless statements and claims.

Camille the Eel

Certainly it would have been nice to close that one out and win today. With so few games left it would have been something to go on.

Also I wonder how much of any of what we’ve been developing or doing actually carries over into next season? It’s always a question. People tend to think stuff automatically does. But as often as not, it doesn’t. Every season seems to have its own logic.

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
I literally provided a ton of evidence to back up my opinion that Deangelo is an idiot. Do you want me to list them off again.

What you said is completely baseless. Not a shroud of evidence to support that statement. Or at least not that you provided. Come back when you actually have an argument to make and not just baseless statements and claims.
Yes I forgot you know it all based on his history from his ohl days he was not well liked on the team...your facts about his past mean you have all knowledge and his past record means you can say it's baseless that he was not well liked...Oh ok and don't tell me what to do at least not through a keyboard ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad