GDT: Hurricanes at Devils 12:30 EDT - Game #78 (MSG)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Eh whatever, long shift from the Devils guys and Carolina got a change in. Boqvist was looking for an all or nothing pass and got burned by DeAngelo with an good pinch.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I mean, yea Severson with the assist, but seriously, how did he have absolutely no help with three Canes in the zone? The other two Devils on the other end of the ice were asking a lot of him.

Boqvist was out there with a long shift as well, it was all or nothing play and they got burned bad.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think I'll be on the ''Fire Fitz'' wagon if this staff is back next year.

Because he's only gonna have to fire them in December (or sometime between October-January) like Shero had to do with Hynes.

What's he gonna do if he brings them back and we struggle the first few weeks? Is he gonna send Dan MacKinnon down to the bench to babysit him and try to to hold his hand like his ''Mentor'' did by sending him down there to sit with Hynes instead of just firing him?

This staff can't be here next year.

Reactions: NjdevilfanJim

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Gilles should curse off every single player in that lockerroom. He’s playing for an AHL career and had the game of his career and gets left out to dry in the last 5 mins.

He got left out to dry the whole game not just the last 5 minutes lol

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Just so I understand this.

The Devils pay Dougie Hamilton NINE times more than Anthony DeAngelo to shoot pucks off the glass and Damon Severson four times what he makes?

Can't understand how one team is in first and the other once again in the draft lottery.

Reactions: mdj12784

NjDevsRR

Hard To Find
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Boquist did nothing to give sevo an option there
Idgaf. Damon should have neutralized it along the boards then and waited for his linemates another second or two to return. I like Damon but I knew exactly he was going to throw the puck into a bad spot when he ended up in that position in OT, AGAIN.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Honestly, I thought Gillies played great, but I firmly believe he was due a game like this with how poorly he's played this year. He was overachieving to have an .885% and not an .875%. He just let in too many TERRIBLE goal this year that he was due for a game where he looked like he was playing well and had no chance on any of the goals.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Idgaf. Damon should have neutralized it along the boards then and waited for his linemates another second or two to return. I like Damon but I knew exactly he was going to throw the puck into a bad spot when he ended up in that position in OT, AGAIN.

He had a fresh Aho hounding him for the puck, wtf lmao

Reactions: Billdo

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
That's a bad play by Severson but he's battling for the puck, barely has possession and the forwards are nowhere to be found. He deserves blame but Sharangovich and Boqvist also deserve as much if not more IMO.
Yes . Ahi was all over him and the wingers were at centre ice and didn’t even move to come back at all .

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
Just so I understand this.

The Devils pay Dougie Hamilton NINE times more than Anthony DeAngelo to shoot pucks off the glass and Damon Severson four times what he makes?

Can't understand how one team is in first and once again in the draft lottery.

Yes, this is a snazzy headline, but there are some mitigating circumstances for Tony D. He was going to have to rebuild his value. There's a reason he was able to be signed at that amount.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Show me some . We have zero net front presence . I would be shocked if we weren’t bottom 5 in goals from that close in front of the net . You can’t be serious about saying we score plenty like that ..
How do you possibly believe we haven’t had a basic rebound goal like that? Totally unremarkable play.

HersheyBob27

Apr 5, 2014
Canada
Blowing the zone is our thing . Everyone knows it

Reactions: Billdo

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm pretty sure we'll lose at least one of these games to the Red Wings.

We're on pace for 65 points. Just one fewer point than we were on pace for last year.

It's unacceptable to bring this staff back. It's gonna end BADLY if we do bring them back. That's all I'm saying.

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
We pass it more to the other team on breakouts than we lose 50/50 board battles. It's f***ing ridiculous

Camille the Eel

Boquist did nothing to give sevo an option there
Bad play by Severson all the same. I don't know how anybody can sugar coat that. If he doesn't have an option, then don't make the pass. Just kill the puck and scrum it.

On the goal that broke the ice with less than 5 minutes left, while Dano is blaming Mercer, I'm blaming Hamilton. He's the guy who turned it over by throwing it right to the Hurricane's player on the sideboards there. He literally threw the puck to nowhere and nobody.

On the game tying sequence, why did Lindy take Nico off so quickly, literally after 20 seconds. Yeah I know why and this is hindsight. But you'd want your best players on there.

Everything gets magnified at the end of a game like that. Maybe it's nice we didn't help the Rangers.

Good game we played today. But a mirror of our season. Kudos to Boqvist, Foote, Ohoktiuk (spelling?), Bahl, Zetterlund, and even Gillies, yes, but the kids especially, Ohoktiuk and Bahl have looked very good. Bahl wins the one on one battles, don't he.

Dylan9z9

May 16, 2012
Rockaway, NJ
I'm pretty sure we'll lose at least one of these games to the Red Wings.

We're on pace for 65 points. Just one fewer point than we were on pace for last year.

It's unacceptable to bring this staff back. It's gonna end BADLY if we do bring them back. That's all I'm saying.
That's a certainty👍

Reactions: Bleedred

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Sal and Erika doing the post game from a phone is a cherry on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad