Post-Game Talk: Hurricane bringing 25-40cm of snow, Tues. 7:30pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
I'm disappointed in your dire predictions about the weather. Yeah, a foot of snow in Raleigh would shut things down here. But in Canada? I saw a Canadian temperature chart that said that at 0F, Canadians have the last cookout of the season and not until -100F do they pull the ear-flaps down. And people are making the French toast runs (milk, bread, and eggs) to the stores? You're destroying my faith. :huh:
I cooked some steaks on the grill at -22F last week. And I don't wear ear flaps, just a regular toque. It was -40F a few weeks ago for a couple of days, I had no problem walking to work. It sucks but you get used to it.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Montreal tonight ,was *****ing at the guys to throw some furniture they dont need in my trailer...But Iam likely light and will be swinging in the breeze...Sniff
Yikes...gonna be a slow one. Go buy a couple of skids of gravel from Rona and return it when you get back.

Reactions: topshelf15

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I cooked some steaks on the grill at -22F last week. And I don't wear ear flaps, just a regular toque. It was -40F a few weeks ago for a couple of days, I had no problem walking to work. It sucks but you get used to it.

Yeah, I had the BBQ going during a roughly -25 evening about a week or so ago. We still BBQ about once a week even in winter, more if the weather cooperates and it's only like -10.

Took a long time due to the wind keeping the grill cooler than normal, but still totally worth it.

Those crazy -40 winds I find are manageable until you get downtown, and the core of office towers creates insane wind tunnels. I swear, on those days if you get caught on the wrong street, it feels like -50.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Yikes...gonna be a slow one. Go buy a couple of skids of gravel from Rona and return it when you get back.
Meh I get there when I get there...I dont supertruck anymore,I learned that lesson 10 years ago on an icy road,when I said that looks like my trailer setting up for a one timer....I think I met Jesus on that one....lol

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
My office just sent everyone home for the next 2 days with their laptops. SPECIFICALLY said not to come in until Thursday at the earliest.

It's going to be a clusterfork out there over the next 24hrs. I'm on the bus home right now, then to the grocery store to make sure we're stocked up, then I'mma hunker down and hide feom Mother Nature.

If they go through with playing the game, tonight's attendence has the potential to be the worst in the history of the franchise.
Lucky... We haven't been notified of even there being a possible chance of us getting sent home. I figured the government would have bent by now :laugh:. Where is it exactly you work?

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Yeah, I had the BBQ going during a roughly -25 evening about a week or so ago. We still BBQ about once a week even in winter, more if the weather cooperates and it's only like -10.

Took a long time due to the wind keeping the grill cooler than normal, but still totally worth it.

Those crazy -40 winds I find are manageable until you get downtown, and the core of office towers creates insane wind tunnels. I swear, on those days if you get caught on the wrong street, it feels like -50.
Yeah I live down here and walk to work...

I have a mental map of where all the worst wind tunnels are and I actively avoid them. Lyon/Laurier is the worst one, followed by Laurier eastbound just after Kent. Laurier is a monster.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Stay safe my dude. Those big winds and a half-empty load are no joke.
I wish it was half ,last one I had 4 skids and maybe two feet of bulk ,I pull a reefer so it has a bit more weight than a dry box ...But I will take my time,besides the 417 past Casselman is pretty empty so i get the whole road to play with

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
My office just sent everyone home for the next 2 days with their laptops. SPECIFICALLY said not to come in until Thursday at the earliest.

It's going to be a clusterfork out there over the next 24hrs. I'm on the bus home right now, then to the grocery store to make sure we're stocked up, then I'mma hunker down and hide feom Mother Nature.

If they go through with playing the game, tonight's attendence has the potential to be the worst in the history of the franchise.
Since I work from home I'm expected to be here since I have a deadline Thursday. I think the busses might get cancelled, and the majority of everyone else here busses in so it should be interesting. My GF also gets tomorrow off as well :(.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
The Canes have always been the blandest team in the league for me. Drab uniforms, vague/nondescript location (just "Carolina"? Really?), no stars. Even their Stanley Cup win was thoroughly non memorable.

Aho is a star they are going to be pretty good soon and probably for a while as long as their crazy owner doesnt screw it up. Svechnikov is an all world talent and the D core is solid and deep.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
My other friend is in Windsor,he hit a wall of freezing rain early this morning ..And Toronto is getting hit so its crap from one end to the other on the 401...If you dont have to be out there dont...The US has closed most of IS 81 ,tough sledding all around

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I'm disappointed in your dire predictions about the weather. Yeah, a foot of snow in Raleigh would shut things down here. But in Canada? I saw a Canadian temperature chart that said that at 0F, Canadians have the last cookout of the season and not until -100F do they pull the ear-flaps down. And people are making the French toast runs (milk, bread, and eggs) to the stores? You're destroying my faith. :huh:

40 CM snow fall on a city that is covered in black ice is a very different than a foot of snow simply falling. Roads are really bad to begin with its going to be a slop fest out there.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
40 CM snow fall on a city that is covered in black ice is a very different than a foot of snow simply falling. Roads are really bad to begin with its going to be a slop fest out there.

Yeah, we already basically have 2-3 foot tall snowbanks lining every street that are borderline impenetrable due to being covered in 3 inches of ice due to that thaw we had last week.

This snowstorm is going to turn the city into one gigantic bobsled chute.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Yeah, we already basically have 2-3 foot tall snowbanks lining every street that are borderline impenetrable due to being covered in 3 inches of ice due to that thaw we had last week.

This snowstorm is going to turn the city into one gigantic bobsled chute.
Give me some snow,at least you can get some traction ...I dont like it when they scrape it bare....

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
It's going to be blowing pretty hard tonight so most of the snow will end up on people's backyards rather than on roads.

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
Quite likely stone and duchene’s last home game and you guys gotta deal with a snowfall in top of that...that’s rough but stay safe everyone

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Wonder how low front row tickets on stubhub will go today. If you ever wanted to check it out today is probably the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad