Post-Game Talk: Hurricane bringing 25-40cm of snow, Tues. 7:30pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
fell asleep after the 2nd ended, what the hell happened in the 3rd? :banghead:
The penalty situation did us in early in the 3rd. Chabot got a tripping penalty, I kinda thought the guy went down really easy/wasn't in control but that play does get called. Then Ceci high sticked a guy that drew blood right after. So a 90 second 5 on 3 followed by a lengthy PP. They scored on the 5 on 3 with a great shot, then got another on the 5 on 4. It just changed the whole game.

Too bad cause the first two periods were a treat but we got done in by Ceci being Ceci.

Reactions: Alex1234 and DrEasy

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Doesn't matter. He kicked it in off another player, also not an allowable goal.
The other player, the goalie, kneed it in
It didn't just deflect off of him
He lengthen his leg in a motion toward the net and put it in
Just my opinion anyway

Reactions: Deku

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Ceci is worse then Cowen, I cant fathom how hes still on the team, hes gonna be out of the NHL very shortly

Yeah, no. I'm no Ceci fan, but he's WAAY better than Cowen was. At least Ceci can be a solid bottom pairing D with lesser minutes. Cowen is rightfully where he is now. Out of the NHL.

Reactions: Deku and Sensinitis

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
One of the relative weaknesses of Ceci's game is he has the size to be mean yet he isn't. Adding some nasty to his game would be a good thing. A very good thing

Ceci has 80 penalty minutes in his CAREER. 4 of them were last night. And there is a run of guys in here blaming Ceci. :huh:

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
One of the relative weaknesses of Ceci's game is he has the size to be mean yet he isn't. Adding some nasty to his game would be a good thing. A very good thing

Ceci has 80 penalty minutes in his CAREER. 4 of them were last night. And there is a run of guys in here blaming Ceci. :huh:
No need to scratch your head, Ceci took a stupid penalty that led to the Sens losing the game. Who cares if he has 80 career PIMs or 8000. He blew it. Period.

Blotto71

I was wrong...the worst is NOT behind us.
May 12, 2013
Over There
The other player, the goalie, kneed it in
It didn't just deflect off of him
He lengthen his leg in a motion toward the net and put it in
Just my opinion anyway

Fair enough, I dont want to argue it and I agree it went in off McElhinney while he was moving across the crease.

Rule 78.5 ii states that a goal will be disallowed if there is a distinct kicking motion (imo, there was).

Rule 78.4 states that a goal will be allowed if it deflects off of a defender. However, and I think this is where the interpretation comes in, I think the inference is that a goal will be allowed if the attacker propels the puck legally - so without batting it with a hand, kicking it, without the use of a high stick etc. The call was that there was a "distinct kicking motion".

Again, not arguing, I think there is some definite room for interpretation.

Reactions: Alex1234
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad