Rumor: Hudler + Vadim Shipachyov to Vancouver?

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
The fact that you guys can't acknowledge that the Canucks have added young marquee players over the past few years is really ridiculous. The Canucks haven't had as exciting a group of prospects in over 10 years.

coldsteel79

Sep 28, 2015
sask
Pretty much bang on. Some details i might argue a lil but overall your assessment is generaly correct. I am one of the 95% of HF that KNOWS the Canucks will be a bottom 5 team next year and WILL be competing for Patrick. Benning has done EVERYTHING wrong to make this a bad team not only for the current but for the future too by making a aging team that needed a rebuild into a crummy team that denies the rebuild and adds older pieces like Miller and Ericsson well trading younger pieces like Forsling for Clendener and Shincky for the wrong Granlund :shakehead

And all Canucks fans know Subban is the next young guy to get the axe :shakehead :shakehead

The most embarrassing of it all is the Canucks fans propping up Benning and his destruction of are team :facepalm:

Well maybe stukel will make the team seeing as he's a better prospect than virtanen, should add some more youth.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
i dont know what you guys are talking about
Horvat, Sven.B, Virtanen, Gaunce, Boeser, Demko Juoelvi

that is a VERY solid group of young player / prospects...they'll add 1 or 2 more as well before they aim at really competing again

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
Yeah, I really do not like the Canucks and it makes me happy seeing their fans on this site in agony, it gives me pleasure.

That said; I can objectively say that I think they have a good and interesting prospect pool. Not the best but it could certainly be worse.

I am also of the opinion that they did well in FA this year and brought in the top FA in Loui. Not only the best player overall but the absolute ideal player for them, given his relationship with the Sedins. That line has potential to be a top 5 line in the world for at least a couple of years.

So getting these two guys would be a smart move for them, really no downside if dollar/term is reasonable.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
i dont know what you guys are talking about
Horvat, Sven.B, Virtanen, Gaunce, Boeser, Demko Juoelvi

that is a VERY solid group of young player / prospects...they'll add 1 or 2 more as well before they aim at really competing again

Then every team has a very solid group of young players/prospects.

The Canucks group isn't particularly noteworthy, likely falling in the 2nd half of prospect rankings.

Rex Banner

Custom User Title
Aug 22, 2013
Then every team has a very solid group of young players/prospects.

The Canucks group isn't particularly noteworthy, likely falling in the 2nd half of prospect rankings.

You're not wrong about that. The important part is that the Canucks didn't have any prospects from 2006 to 2013. The reason that suck now is because they didn't have any youth to pick up the slack that aging vets created.

While it isn't the top prospect pool in the league, it's a good foundation to build on, and hopefully continue to add guys year after year.

Mad Brills*

You're not wrong about that. The important part is that the Canucks didn't have any prospects from 2006 to 2013. The reason that suck now is because they didn't have any youth to pick up the slack that aging vets created.

While it isn't the top prospect pool in the league, it's a good foundation to build on, and hopefully continue to add guys year after year.

true.

Other than boeser/demko/juolevi, it's an average prospect like everyone else.

Hope those 3 are great.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad