Rumor: Hudler + Vadim Shipachyov to Vancouver?

CP

Thou shalt not Tank
Mar 8, 2008
I think your crystal ball was dropped.
I just got a new one and it had Jim Benning winning Executive off the year when the Canucks are the only Canadian team to make the playoffs.
I guess they'll just have to play the games before judging, but the team looks much better to me.

We are all Jim Benning.

Skead

Aug 27, 2010
Vancouver
I think your crystal ball was dropped.
I just got a new one and it had Jim Benning winning Executive off the year when the Canucks are the only Canadian team to make the playoffs.
I guess they'll just have to play the games before judging, but the team looks much better to me.

We are all Jim Benning.

Found the Canucks PR staff! :laugh:

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
I don't think there was ever any evidence that showed Shipachyov was close to a deal with Montreal at some point, I think the only thing we know forsure is that the habs were one of the first teams interested in him.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
I don't think there was ever any evidence that showed Shipachyov was close to a deal with Montreal at some point, I think the only thing we know forsure is that the habs were one of the first teams interested in him.

Wasn't the idea that he came as some kind of package deal with Radulov? I seem to remember reading that somewhere.

Russians are so mercurial.

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
a lot of older guys and a lot of youth in Van... weird mix

I wish Benning was allowed to do a full rebuild cause I love their youth

Full rebuilds are stupid. Absolutely no logic to a "full rebuild" as much as it's fun, it makes zero sense. Keeping your valuable assets and adding to your talent level through every channel is how to build a team - not just through one. (Drafting)

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Full rebuilds are stupid. Absolutely no logic to a "full rebuild" as much as it's fun, it makes zero sense. Keeping your valuable assets and adding to your talent level through every channel is how to build a team - not just through one. (Drafting)

Agreed, you need vets and mid-aged players in order to show the way for the younger guys.

Just wish Benning wouldn't bleed out some many prospect and pick assets though.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Wasn't the idea that he came as some kind of package deal with Radulov? I seem to remember reading that somewhere.

Russians are so mercurial.

I don't think any Habs fan had a clue we were interested in Radulov until July 1st, so that seems unlikely but IDK

The other guy is saying we basically signed a deal but got blocked after the WC when there's no proof of that.

stuffradio

Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
Anything about Canucks pops up, fans of other teams posts in here talking about how much they suck. It's pretty bad. Just look at that Markstrom thread.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010

HarvP19

Nov 19, 2014
we will likely land one of ship or hudler. our forward roster is pretty much full at this point if you include anton rodin or gaunce.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Sutter with the twins is an abomination.

Surprisingly it wasnt. I went to a few games. Got to see that line play 3 games..maybe 4 can't remember.
But i do remember that they really clicked. i don't know what the stats were but they passed the eyeball test. They seemed to generate good quality chances

Sutter is a good two-way player, good size and solid skating. He's lanky...that sort of works with the twins...they generate so much downlow that if you're kind of lanky i think you get your stick free a lot and can tap in a few goals.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
They a playoff team with 2 more vet scorers in the mix?

If chemistry is good then yes, i'd say so.
However, the year after when they add Boeser, Juolevi, Demko. Things get very interesting.

Sedin Sedin Sutter
Hudler Shipachyov Eriksson
Sven.B Horvat Virtanen
Rodin Gaunce Hansen

Edler Tanev
Hutton Gudbranson
Sbisa Trymakin

Markstrom

landfill

Sep 1, 2006
Vancouver
a1022.g.akamai.net
8 million over two years for hudler makes sense.

Gives time for Virtanian and others to develop.

Benning is trying this off season to fix the scoring, if we get Hudler that will be a step in the right direction.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Hudler I'd like for a couple years, I think he can insulate guys like Virtanen so they can learn about being a more complete NHL player before being thrust into a top 6 role he's not ready for.

I think they might be interested in Shipachyov so they could have both a) Better centre depth and b) The ability to move Sutter to the wing. When Sutter played on the Sedins wing, the line was better defensively and was putting up some points. However, Sutter is also injury prone so having Shipachyov would help take some minutes off Horvat so we don't use him solely for defensive work.

One season doesn't make a guy injury prone. He'd missed 3 games total the previous 5 seasons.

LBCANUCK

Jun 26, 2012
Benning will be fired next summer after his stop-gaps prove fruitless. Then the true rebuild can begin and they can bring in more youth by trading the Sedins, Eriksson, Edler, etc.

The stop gaps are just to appease the owners, it is quite widely known that they are not for a full rebuild so unless they change their tune its not gonna happen.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
So the Canucks are thinking of adding a 29 year old centre from Russia and a 32-year old under-sized winger, coming off a dismal season last year....starting to remind me of the old '67 Leafs....sign every old geezer under the sun...at least they've got the Johnny Bower equivalent in Miller..yikes!...what I can't understand is how it's the all-news channel CKWX 1130 which breaks all these stories....Plethora of reporters covering this team for TSN, Sportsnet and the Sun/Province, and they all seem to be asleep at the switch.

gianni

Apr 8, 2014

Exactly. Vancouver's easily a top-10 free agent destination; probably closer to top-6. And w/ the revised scouting criteria that the Canucks have implemented, they're able to draft gems like Brock Boeser & Thatcher Demko w/o a high pick. Also, people forget that the whole WCE line was acquired through trade.

CP

Thou shalt not Tank
Mar 8, 2008
So the Canucks are thinking of adding a 29 year old centre from Russia and a 32-year old under-sized winger, coming off a dismal season last year....starting to remind me of the old '67 Leafs....sign every old geezer under the sun...at least they've got the Johnny Bower equivalent in Miller..yikes!...what I can't understand is how it's the all-news channel CKWX 1130 which breaks all these stories....Plethora of reporters covering this team for TSN, Sportsnet and the Sun/Province, and they all seem to be asleep at the switch.

Take all Canuck rumors with a large grain of salt. A lot of it is just to get people talking. Svoboda is likely just leaking rumors to re-heat the cold market for his clients. For some reason Vancouver gets picked for a disproportionate number of rumors. For instance when Edmonton was after Barrie, all of a sudden Vancouver was after him, too. There may be even less to most of these rumors than most people realize. Svoboda is just doing his job trying to get better offers for his clients. Typically Canuck moves are not rumored and surprise most of us, so everytime you see a Canuck rumor, you can say, "that looks like a load of ****, and you will be right most of time.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011

29 years old isnt old. And neither of he contracts will be longer than 2 years imo so its fine.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
29 years old isnt old. And neither of he contracts will be longer than 2 years imo so its fine.

It's fine I guess...as long as we're OK with Virtanen spending the year in Utica; a guy like Granlund on waivers; and reduced ice-time for guys like Horvat, Etem and Baertschi....don't have a clue about the Russian centre, but Hudler strikes me as a lateral replacement for Vrbata who couldn't be peddled at the trade deadline for a bag of pucks.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011

Who are all these older players we are signing? Ryan Miller is gone after this year too, you know that right? Benning has gotten this team significantly younger, you know that too right?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad