Rumor: Hudler + Vadim Shipachyov to Vancouver?

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008

Hudler at a low two year contract would be a solid signing, but the real key is Shipachyov, could really add some talent on this roster.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Isn't shipachyov still under contract and staying in Russia? Clearly I missed something

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Isn't shipachyov still under contract and staying in Russia? Clearly I missed something

Contracts in the KHL are a little different. He's been wanting to come to the NHL for a while but he had a third optional year, his team exercised that optional year and even gave him a raise. But he and his agent have been looking for a legal way out of it. As it stands, Shipachyov will only be able to come to NHL as of December.

But with SKA St. Petersburg now signing Datsyuk, there is a slight chance that the team can let Shipachyov go.

Habs were in on him first, but after the World Championships, other teams have been looking at acquiring him. Montreal, Florida, Chicago, and now Vancouver are the team's chasing him.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
a lot of older guys and a lot of youth in Van... weird mix

I wish Benning was allowed to do a full rebuild cause I love their youth

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010

Hudler at a low two year contract would be a solid signing, but the real key is Shipachyov, could really add some talent on this roster.

Svoboda talking to Canucks about Ship: "stop asking, he's not going there". click.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
SKA camp for Russian NT players starts July, 13. If Shipachev is there, then he won't play in the NHL this season, it's very simple.

But, there are a lot of interviews with SKA players, who's getting some medical testing right now, even with Dats and Khokhlachev, but no Shipachev and Dadonov so far.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Who's Shipachyov ? I see that he put up great number in the KHL. He's average size. 29 years old.

anyone know anything about him? playing style ? etc

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Who's Shipachyov ? I see that he put up great number in the KHL. He's average size. 29 years old.

anyone know anything about him? playing style ? etc

According to reports I've read, he's a great two-way center who has offensive upside. At the World Championships, he was the top scorer of the tournament with 18 points in 10 games.

Habs were real close to signing him after the tournament, but SKA stepped in and exercised their optional third year. And then other teams started looking into the player and now there's a chase for him.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I think you can buy your way out of the contract, but VAN would have to give him enough money to make it worth while to him.

Players can buy their way out, but there is a window they have to do it in. Apparently, Vadim had filed his paperwork in time, but the KHL changed the deadline to an earlier date. With the new date, his paperwork was filed too late. But when he filed his paperwork, the deadline in effect was still the first and later date. His agent (and I read somewhere that they even hired a lawyer) is looking to find any loopholes they can take advantage of.

If nothing works, he will be available to come to the NHL no sooner than December.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
a lot of older guys and a lot of youth in Van... weird mix

I wish Benning was allowed to do a full rebuild cause I love their youth

Benning will be fired next summer after his stop-gaps prove fruitless. Then the true rebuild can begin and they can bring in more youth by trading the Sedins, Eriksson, Edler, etc.

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
Hudler I'd like for a couple years, I think he can insulate guys like Virtanen so they can learn about being a more complete NHL player before being thrust into a top 6 role he's not ready for.

I think they might be interested in Shipachyov so they could have both a) Better centre depth and b) The ability to move Sutter to the wing. When Sutter played on the Sedins wing, the line was better defensively and was putting up some points. However, Sutter is also injury prone so having Shipachyov would help take some minutes off Horvat so we don't use him solely for defensive work.

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
Hudler I'd like for a couple years, I think he can insulate guys like Virtanen so they can learn about being a more complete NHL player before being thrust into a top 6 role he's not ready for.

I think they might be interested in Shipachyov so they could have both a) Better centre depth and b) The ability to move Sutter to the wing. When Sutter played on the Sedins wing, the line was better defensively and was putting up some points. However, Sutter is also injury prone so having Shipachyov would help take some minutes off Horvat so we don't use him solely for defensive work.

Sutter with the twins is an abomination.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
According to reports I've read, he's a great two-way center who has offensive upside. At the World Championships, he was the top scorer of the tournament with 18 points in 10 games.

Habs were real close to signing him after the tournament, but SKA stepped in and exercised their optional third year. And then other teams started looking into the player and now there's a chase for him.

What I've read is that he is quite skilled, but not that physical. Would be interesting to see how he fared in the NHL. In Vancouver he would probably go between Sutter and Hansen on the 2nd/3rd line.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Benning will be fired next summer after his stop-gaps prove fruitless. Then the true rebuild can begin and they can bring in more youth by trading the Sedins, Eriksson, Edler, etc.

Pretty sure Benning is a puppet for the Aquilini family. He's doing what they want. They want the team to be competitive, make the playoffs, and make them money. I doubt they fire Benning next summer and then support a full on rebuild. If they wanted to rebuild, they would be rebuilding right now. Changing GM's wont alter the mindset/plans of the owner.

The only chance of a rebuild happening is if season ticket holders start to bail because the team is ass, and I don't really see that happening as early as next season. Maybe in 2-3 years when it gets really bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad