Rumor: Hudler + Vadim Shipachyov to Vancouver?

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Well, technically...

Gudbranson is younger than Hamhuis...
Eriksson is younger than Vrbata...
Hudler would be younger than Higgins...

Theyll have at least 8 players the age of 24 or under (Horvat, Virtanen, Hutton, Etem, Tryamkin, Baertschi, Granlund, Gudbranson)

And 9 players ages 25-30 (Edler, Tanev, Hansen, Sutter, Dorsett, Biega, Larsen, Markstrom, Sbisa)

Only 5 players are over 30, which accounts for 4.4% of the team...

But continue to flame away.

Benning has been in charge for 3 offseasons and focused on getting younger, yet the team's avg age has climbed from 27.56 to 28.24.

http://stats.nhlnumbers.com/teams?year=2017

JA

Benning has been in charge for 3 offseasons and focused on getting younger, yet the team's avg age has climbed from 27.56 to 28.24.

The Sedins, Hansen, and Edler will potentially be gone by the end of the 2017-18 season. Alex Burrows' contract ends after the upcoming season.

Boeser, Juolevi, and other prospects will join the lineup fairly soon.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Yep, Florida was the oldest team in the league last year according to the average age stat me2 relied upon. I wonder why. :help:

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Hudler = overrated. Was invisible in the playoffs against the Nucks a few years back. Not really something we need IMO

Dont know much about the Russian TBH

Seventy7

May 16, 2015

So what youre saying is

over the coarse of TWO full years

the teams average has only increased by 0.68 (ZERO POINT SIX EIGHT) of a year...

You do realize that technically over 2 seasons the teams average should have increased by TWO right?

Did you just ignore my initial post? The Canucks actually have quite a young team. the fact that a very small percentage is 35 (Sedins, Burrows, Miller) brings their average age far higher. Take two of those guy out of the equation, which they will next year, and your average age probably around 25-26....

But thanks for trying.

:)

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Did you just ignore my initial post? The Canucks actually have quite a young team. the fact that a very small percentage is 35 (Sedins, Burrows, Miller) brings their average age far higher. Take two of those guy out of the equation, which they will next year, and your average age probably around 25-26....

But thanks for trying.

:)

I think everyone ignore your original post because you don't understand basic mathematics, AND your list was clearly biased.

You have Edler and Hansen listed in your players age 25-30, both of them are older than 30 today. Dorsett is 29 and turns 30 during the start of the season. So that right there is 33% of all the players you listed as being 25-30. And I'm not trying to trash the Canuks, but if Biega, Larsen, Sbisa, Markstrom, is the bulk of your core between 25-30, your have a horrible team.

Let's be real, the Canuks don't have a deep team, or a young team. It's not just that they have a small faction of the team being really old, it's that they only have like 5 players under 29 who are worth mentioning.

But thanks for trying.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
I think everyone ignore your original post because you don't understand basic mathematics, AND your list was clearly biased.

You have Edler and Hansen listed in your players age 25-30, both of them are older than 30 today. Dorsett is 29 and turns 30 during the start of the season. So that right there is 33% of all the players you listed as being 25-30. And I'm not trying to trash the Canuks, but if Biega, Larsen, Sbisa, Markstrom, is the bulk of your core between 25-30, your have a horrible team.

Let's be real, the Canuks don't have a deep team, or a young team. It's not just that they have a small faction of the team being really old, it's that they only have like 5 players under 29 who are worth mentioning.

But thanks for trying.

Both are 30 years old, both were born 30 years ago, how is that equal to older than 30? care to explain that? Are we now saying players are 30 and a half? or 30 and a few days?

So because you don't like the players they are not worth mentioning? we have 2 players who were drafted in the top 10 that could be playing for our team next year that are below 25, our top 4 of our blue line are all below the age of 30.

Our "horrible" team as you say (oh and your totally not bashing our team....) was a playoff team up until March when we lost our two best dmen and went on our worst losing streak of the year.

Since Benning has come here we have gotten significantly younger, look at our roster before and after. I love this I'm not bashing your team but I'll crap all over it with ridiculous assumptions and biased statistics. Your a hater bud, that's all you are.

NFITO

hockeyinsanity*****
Jun 19, 2002
www.hockeyinsanity.com
Baertschi-Horvat-Virtanen
Gaunce-Boeser

Hutton Gudbransen
Juolevi Tryamkin

Demko

And with Tanev and Sutter who are still young players.... this is clearly a team trying to get younger.

Looking at average age from season to season is a terrible way to conclude a team isn't getting younger. You still need to build a "team" and it should have veterans on it... and take time to actually build.

Look at the next core that's coming up. The Canucks still need more quality youth in the pipeline and Benning has wasted assets along the way but just looking at the current team and the pieces put in place to replace the current core it looks pretty clear the team is heading in a younger direction.

Thanks to ownership mandate to try and win now, coupled with management's terrible grasp on asset management, the team has a long way to go to be a great young team... or even a good one. But they're well on their way to being a young team.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Both are 30 years old, both were born 30 years ago, how is that equal to older than 30? care to explain that? Are we now saying players are 30 and a half? or 30 and a few days?

So because you don't like the players they are not worth mentioning? we have 2 players who were drafted in the top 10 that could be playing for our team next year that are below 25, our top 4 of our blue line are all below the age of 30.

Our "horrible" team as you say (oh and your totally not bashing our team....) was a playoff team up until March when we lost our two best dmen and went on our worst losing streak of the year.

Since Benning has come here we have gotten significantly younger, look at our roster before and after. I love this I'm not bashing your team but I'll crap all over it with ridiculous assumptions and biased statistics. Your a hater bud, that's all you are.

If today was their birthday, they would be 30. Seeing as how they turned 30 months ago, yup, they're older than 30. What I'm saying is that they don't belong in the list of players 25-30.

And when you look at the rest of your lineup from 25-30... what decent pieces do you have besides Tanev? Answer me here, don't avoid this question.

I guess everyone who expects the Canuks to finish bottom-5 (95% of people on HF) are just flat out haters who don't know anything about hockey...

And just for fun I'll say who I think is worth mentioning on the Canucks U-29:

Tanev
Horvat
Virtanen
Boeser
Juolevi
Hutton/Tryamkin

If you want to call Baertschi/Etem/Granlund great players, go ahead, but that list looks significantly worse than just about every other team's U-30 roster. There's no star forward, no #1 elite defenseman, no #1 goalie, it's just a collection of very solid pieces. I think Vancouver can be an awesome team in 3-4 years, but they really need to re-build their team. A Nolan Patrick or a Timothy Liljegren would be an amazing addition to their prospect pool.

NFITO

hockeyinsanity*****
Jun 19, 2002
www.hockeyinsanity.com
There's no star forward, no #1 elite defenseman, no #1 goalie, it's just a collection of very solid pieces. I think Vancouver can be an awesome team in 3-4 years, but they really need to re-build their team. A Nolan Patrick or a Timothy Liljegren would be an amazing addition to their prospect pool.

Demko?

LBCANUCK

Jun 26, 2012
If today was their birthday, they would be 30. Seeing as how they turned 30 months ago, yup, they're older than 30. What I'm saying is that they don't belong in the list of players 25-30.

And when you look at the rest of your lineup from 25-30... what decent pieces do you have besides Tanev? Answer me here, don't avoid this question.

I guess everyone who expects the Canuks to finish bottom-5 (95% of people on HF) are just flat out haters who don't know anything about hockey...

Tanev
Horvat
Virtanen
Boeser
Juolevi
Hutton/Tryamkin

If you want to call Baertschi/Etem/Granlund great players, go ahead, but that list looks significantly worse than just about every other team's U-30 roster. There's no star forward, no #1 elite defenseman, no #1 goalie, it's just a collection of very solid pieces. I think Vancouver can be an awesome team in 3-4 years, but they really need to re-build their team. A Nolan Patrick or a Timothy Liljegren would be an amazing addition to their prospect pool.

you forgot Demko who very well could be a #1 goalie, also Boeser and Juolevi have the potential to be stars at their positions. The only way we can manufacture a superstar is to get a top 2 in the draft most likely so given the parameters we have been doing ok.

Mad Brills*

Hudler's asking for multiple years right?

If it was just a year deal, he'd be signed by now I'd imagine.

Parenteau is similar and signed on day 2 last year.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011

Tanev
Horvat
Virtanen
Boeser
Juolevi
Hutton/Tryamkin

Edler and Hansen are 30 years old this whole "they are a few months older than 30" is a bunch of crap, they are 30 until they turn 31, there for they can be categorized as 25-30 players. Your opposition to that just makes you come off as petty.

Most of the posters that constantly hate on this team don't actually watch the team their opinions are based on assumptions and generalizations, so yah that makes them haters.

I'll admit our 25-30 years old don't have any bona fide superstars, that is a product of the Gillis era which was useless at drafting, fine I'll give you that. We still have a solid first line, which is even better with the add of Eriksson. That is 3 players who could potentially put up 70 points each. Seems pretty decent for 1st line production to me.

So all teams except for us have a #1 goalie? (which we have potentially with Demko and Markstrom) an elite #1 Dman (which we potentially have in Olli) and a superstar 1st liner? (which we have potentially in Boeser) With all these teams full of superstars you would think there would be more variety in who has won Stanley cups over the last 6 years.....oh wait.......

This part I really love when people point out, as if it is so easy to win the draft lottery, I mean its not like that ever goes wrong for a team right? I mean its not like we finished with the 3 worst record in the league and only ended up with the 5th over all pick right? But hey that wouldn't happen again right?

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
The Sedins, Hansen, and Edler will potentially be gone by the end of the 2017-18 season. Alex Burrows' contract ends after the upcoming season.

Boeser, Juolevi, and other prospects will join the lineup fairly soon.

Don't forget the drastic jump from Miller to Demko.

TommyC21

Jul 10, 2013
Hudler is a guy who seems like he would take less to play on a team that has even a remote chance of competing for cup, which eliminates Vancouver altogether

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014

Tanev
Horvat
Virtanen
Boeser
Juolevi
Hutton/Tryamkin

Pretty much bang on. Some details i might argue a lil but overall your assessment is generaly correct. I am one of the 95% of HF that KNOWS the Canucks will be a bottom 5 team next year and WILL be competing for Patrick. Benning has done EVERYTHING wrong to make this a bad team not only for the current but for the future too by making a aging team that needed a rebuild into a crummy team that denies the rebuild and adds older pieces like Miller and Ericsson well trading younger pieces like Forsling for Clendener and Shincky for the wrong Granlund :shakehead

And all Canucks fans know Subban is the next young guy to get the axe :shakehead :shakehead

The most embarrassing of it all is the Canucks fans propping up Benning and his destruction of are team :facepalm:

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
haha, guess you don't care to remember game 6.

Correct TBH i dont remember Hudler from game 6 but based on your post I guess he had a good one. I just remember the Flames beating the snot out of us during the series and Hudler was kinda invisible but maybe your right and i forget that about the final game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad