How wrong were your predictions so far?

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
East is screwing up my predictions.. had Bolts in 6, Pens in 5, Caps in 6 and Leafs in 7. Also had Bolts in the final.

West I had Avs in 6 (yes I believed in my team), Blues in 6, Stars in 6 and Vegas in 7.

acor

Jan 13, 2012
I didn't make any predictions, so none of my predictions went wrong, lol...
But I must say I'm not shocked that Avs eliminated Flames... Calgary probably overachieved a little bit in RS...

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Not good but my WCF prediction and CF could still hold up. I had Vegas and St. Louis and then St Louis vs Tampa with St. Louis winning. I also had Washington in the ECF

Reactions: A Real Barn Burner

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
I had

Avs in 6
Knights in 5
Preds in 6
Jets in 7
Lightning in 7
Leafs in 7
Capitals in 6
Penguins in 6

So far I've been wrong on Penguins-Islanders and Jackets-Lightning.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
So checking my bracket...

West:
I had Colorado in 6 - So only a little bit wrong there
I have the Sharks in 7 - Could still happen, right?
I had the Preds in 6 - That's not going to happen
I had the Blues in 7 - Not that wrong

East:
I had the Islanders in 5 - Almost right
I had the Caps in 5 - Could end up close
I had the Bruins in 6 - Yeah, that's wrong
I had the Lightning in 5 - Ok, moving on,

So overall I wasn't that wrong so far.

Dirty Dan

Saturday Night Lupul
May 5, 2010
in ur crease
West
Blues in 6
Colorado in 7
Vegas in 6
Predators in 7

Nashville still is in it

East said bolts in 6
penguins and bolts got killed
said leafs would win though and

but honestly the jackets are a really solid team now coming together
flames were always overrated

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
Really bad. Had Pittsburgh, Tampa, Flames moving on. Picked Boston as well, but that might not fly either.

Looked at the NHL bracket challenge leaderboard and there may only be 1 person who goes perfect in round 1. That’s gotta be a record low and shows how crazy this round has been.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
The more iffy series I did okay

I predicted Jackets would be most likely to upset. When things are too perfect, they’re probably not.
I always knew the Jackets were a great team who had a relatively bad season.

I expected the Avs to win 7. That was actually not giving the Avs enough credit. I never thought the Flames were for real. Too easy.

I expected Isles to win in 7 (lol)
I expected Blues in 5 or 6

I had Caps in 6,
Sharks in 7 (I will never forgive Jones if they lose. Or win),
Bruins/leafs in 7. Hoping Bruins,

I never have and still don’t care about the Stars or Preds. I guess if the Preds heat up I’d care about them like I had in years past

Last edited:

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
If vegas wins in the west (hope not as a sharks fan) i will be 4 for 4. But the east the best i can do is 2 for 4.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I did t fill out a bracket but if I had, I’d have been far better off reversing every pick. The only one I have right so far is St Louis.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Pretty much all of mine were wrong so far. I thought carolina was going to get swept for sure.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I had Blues and Bruins in Finals.

I also had Bruins and Leafs in 7 game series with the team that is leading going into the third blowing the lead and losing the series.

Coin toss there.

I also had the Sharks over the Golden Knights but didn't see the Penguins loss coming.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I only go round by round

But in this round I had

Lightning in 5 (have to imagine I wasn't the only one)
Penguins in 7 (not shocked the Pens lost, but shocked they were swept)
Bruins in 7 (still could happen)
Capitals in 7 (still could happen)

Golden Knights in 7 (hope I'm wrong)
Blues in 6 (spot on)
Preds in 6 (I think they'll win, but it's not gonna happen in 6)
Avs in 7 (I picked the Avs based on goaltending, that's not what cost the Flames in the end, but the result was the same, only the number of games wasn't).

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Lightning in 5
Penguins in 6

Leafs in 6
Capitals in 6

Avalanche in 7
Blues in 6
Stars in 7
Sharks in 6

So, two wrong, two correct, two that can be be proven right tomorrow, and two coin flips that are headed to 7. I can still go 6/8 and I still like all of my picks to be the ones that win the series that aren't over yet.

Even if I do go 6/8, my bracket is still trash because I picked Tampa Bay and Pittsburgh to meet in the ECF.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Flames in 5 (oops)
Knights in 6 (so close)
Predators in 7 (still possible)
Blues in 6 (bullseye)

Lightning in 6 (Hey that's probably more credit than most gave CBJ)
Bruins in 7 (still possible)
Washington in 6 (still possible)
Penguins in 6 (nope)

Had a final 4 of St. Louis/Vegas and Boston/Washington so all things considered, I'm in good shape

Red Piller

Canucks
May 29, 2013
The more iffy series I did okay

I predicted Jackets would be most likely to upset. When things are too perfect, they’re probably not.
I always knew the Jackets were a great team who had a relatively bad season.

I expected the Avs to win 7. That was actually not giving the Avs enough credit. I never thought the Flames were for real. Too easy.

I expected Isles to win in 7 (lol)
I expected Blues in 5 or 6

I had Caps in 6,
Sharks in 7 (I will never forgive Jones if they lose. Or win),
Bruins/leafs in 7. Hoping Bruins,

I never have and still don’t care about the Stars or Preds. I guess if the Preds heat up I’d care about them like I had in years past

So you were right about every series and got all the upsets before they happened? Bullshit.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
So you were right about every series and got all the upsets before they happened? Bull****.
Feel free to dig through the posts of the series threads. And I was wrong on basically all the # of games.

This year was really even with teams.

1.The Jets sucked this season, basically all their advance stats were awful while the Blues ended very hot. I assumed the Jets would drag it out because they tend to play the blues well.

2.Sharks and Vegas was a toss up. Very even teams, Sharks had an uneven second half, but Vegas lost 7 straight at the end. I was banking on that streak and fleury not repeating magic (mind you I guessed game 7 before the sharks won lol. I thought I was going to lose this morning.). *I’m expecting Sharks now as on my bracket lol. I changed my mind well after the playoffs started because Jones had been bad, but they were technically my “official” pick ;)

*3. I already explained the Jackets (7 games). Presidents trophy winners frequently let down, and if there’s any team that can frustrate a great offense it’s a Torts team. I’ve suffered through multiple series against him as a *Caps fan, with the rangers and the jackets. ***Always gave us hell with lot worse teams. This one was very much a toss up too, as I thought bob would be the big weakness. I definitely won’t say I was near 100% on this but I like betting against Caps competition.

4. Avs was another toss up, but ultimately I settled on it would basically be the Avs 3 guys and Smith. I was down on the flames all year. Had 7 games Avs as my final decision (after making 2 other brackets flipping lol)

5. Bruins, Leafs... does this need explaining?. Frankly id be disappointed if they didn’t drag it out. Mind you, I didn’t actually guess who wins. On this one I actually got the # right. I’ll guess bruins right now, because I hope they’d be the Caps ECF opponents

6. Islanders have been so frustrating this year defensively and with goaltending. With Pens defense group generally being really bad (lessening the load on the Islanders weakish offence), and their secondary scorers cold, this was easy; I didn’t count Crosby, Malkin and Murray going down without a fight tho. Had them losing 7.

7. Caps in 6 because I love the Caps and assumed basically the exact same team that won the cup could handle a team with a young inexperienced core in their first playoffs. I thought it would be 5 but I wanted to be “nice.” I miss that confidence:(

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad