How wrong were your predictions so far?

only4dank

May 4, 2016
Easter weekend is coming up, and several more series could be wrapped up by the time people get to work on Tuesday.

How wrong were people about their picks for each series?

Personally:
Penguins out? wow
Lightning out? WOW
Nashville tied? interesting with Granlund and Simmonds pick-ups
Avs leading 3-1? I had Calgary as a top 2 team for contending West
SJ down 3-1? Had SJ as the other top 2 team

Boston/Toronto + Caps/Carolina -> these are pretty much how I saw things going, even series until late.

Very interesting possible match-ups heading into round 2+3 imho.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Had Tampa in 5, NYI in 6. Also had Calgary over Colorado in 7. Not feeling so good about that one anymore.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
LOL

Let's see.
Penguins #1 Cup favorite.
Tampa #2 Cup favorite.

So that's going well...

I did like Col vs Calgary so not as surprising there. I had high hopes for San Jose....but almost as high hopes for Vegas too, so also not too bad.
I had Toronto winning. Nashville too. But all the series that are tied is fine - can still go either way, so no real issue with any of those.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
The gutsy, unpopular predictions that I made actually look pretty good. The reasonable, popular predictions that I made look bad.

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
Pretty wrong...had the Pens and Bolts winning their series...had Calgary winning theirs.....the rest I remain confident in though.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Honestly my preditions aren't that far off.

Only thing i was wrong about was Jackets . Didn't think they would actually win but had Lightning in 6 because Jackets i thought would put up a fight but Tampa could adjust well turns out i was wrong about that .

I had Flames narrowly squeaking by in 7 against the Avs which could still happen albeit i don't believe it will . I knew the Flames weren't solid enough to go far .

Have Blues and Bruins winning ( which can still happen ) albeit in less games .

I did have the Isles winning ( but not in 4 of course ) .

Stars-Preds series going about what i expected . Similarly the Canes Caps series isn't that far off unless the Caps now take that 0:5 loss and collapse.

The easiest one to predict honestly was Sharks-Vegas. The Sharks goaltending is just miserable. Smith at least looked good going into the playoffs but Jonest was just bad all year.

NinjaKick

life as a leafs fan
Dec 5, 2018
Toronto
I have a $50 bet with a friend, whoever is closest wins

Leafs - Sharks finals is my prediction

he went with Tampa - Calgary...

kingsholygrail

Fastest Series Loss 0-1
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Tampa out I got wrong.
I thought the Pens/Islanders series would go 7, but I had the Islanders coming out on top.

The others are still in play so waiting, but it's not looking good for my Flames/Avs prediction.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
I thought Vegas would come out of the west so I'm still a genius.

WHISTLERNATE

Nov 14, 2017
I had:

TB X
NYI +
BOS
WAS

SJ
WPG
NSH
CAL

1 of 2 so far. I still think BOS and WAS advance in the east. I may end up 0 for 4 in the west.

only4dank

May 4, 2016
Caps/Islanders will be fun though.
Still a long series :D. Waiting for Aho to pop off, guys is a magician. Hopefully Svechnikov is back soon. Wouldn't mind either caps/canes to win the series.

I thought Vegas would come out of the west so I'm still a genius.
Vegas can definitely score, and fast. Tempo of game changes within minutes every time they come out of that locker room. Maybe Jones should stay in the bench or something (during intermissions), shake things up a bit.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad