How will you celebrate if the Sabres win the lottery?

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
If we went from eichel to mcdavid, not much. If we went from hanifin or worse to mcdavid, probably tattoo bettmans face to my scrotum.

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011
It will most likely be on April 14th

I hope so. Jays Home Opener is on the 13th and I've got tickets to that. Im praying they don't land on the same night. If they are back to back nights tho, that will definitely be the most exciting week of 2015 to date for me

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
If you're going to mark your calendars, I'd placehold both Monday the 13th and Tues the 14th.

Per the NHL media calendar, lottery will definitely be after Saturday the 11th (end of Regular Season) and before Wednesday the 15th (1st round playoffs begin). They won't do it Sunday because they'll need that to finalize series scheduling between NHL, networks, and arenas.

Last season had last games Sunday (partial schedule), lottery Tuesday, then playoffs began Wednesday.

This season all 30 teams play Saturday, none on Sunday. So, Sunday = scheduling day and lottery could be held Monday. Alternatively, lottery could be held Tuesday.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Do they broadcast the lottery at all? I don't think I've seen anything for them in past years, but I've never really cared about watching the lottery before.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Do they broadcast the lottery at all? I don't think I've seen anything for them in past years, but I've never really cared about watching the lottery before.

Lol depends on what you mean by lottery. They don't show you the actual selection process, but they do have a TV show that concludes with Daly opening an envelope

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

They don't broadcast the actual drawing of numbers, but they do have a show to reveal the winner.

drew5580

Sponsor
Jan 6, 2007
is there an actual date for the lottery yet?

forget it, i see the above comment

rabi

Feb 27, 2002
Lancaster, NY
Visit site
Well, I've been saving a Carolina Hurricane's pint glass from the 2006 Conference Finals. I use it, but really, I've been waiting for an excuse to destroy it in a violent fashion that would upset hurricane fans. If we were given the good fortune of winning the lottery, I'd probably find a way to use the destruction of that pint gas as a way to rub proverbial salt in the open wound of getting their hopes for McDavid dashed.

Video better show up on a celebration thread!

rabi

Feb 27, 2002
Lancaster, NY
Visit site
If you're going to mark your calendars, I'd placehold both Monday the 13th and Tues the 14th.

Per the NHL media calendar, lottery will definitely be after Saturday the 11th (end of Regular Season) and before Wednesday the 15th (1st round playoffs begin). They won't do it Sunday because they'll need that to finalize series scheduling between NHL, networks, and arenas.

Last season had last games Sunday (partial schedule), lottery Tuesday, then playoffs began Wednesday.

This season all 30 teams play Saturday, none on Sunday. So, Sunday = scheduling day and lottery could be held Monday. Alternatively, lottery could be held Tuesday.

Count on Tuesday the 14th or
T - 10 weeks!

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Probably won't do much if they were seeded 1 and win the lottery.

I'd be ecstatic if they were seeded 1 and NYI or STL collapsed and missed the playoffs and buffalo went 1 and 2

Bps21*

The one other way to look at finishing last and losing the lottery (like last year...but with even worse odds!) is that as much as people will be bummed...just think about the team at 29 if someone behind them wins (and odds are they will). They move to 3. That's worse than going from 1 to 2. It's not called the McEichelFin.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything

It was on NHL Network, last year. Imagine it will be the same this year.

I watched the lotto show last year. It was really the most boring piece of television I have ever seen.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
I watched the lotto show last year. It was really the most boring piece of television I have ever seen.

Yeah. They try so hard to make it suspenseful and meaningful. In reality, we are all just waiting for the 1st overall pick to be named, so we can turn the TV off and let reality sink in (for good or for bad). They could have it done in five minutes if they wanted :laugh:

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011
So last year, and years before, they've counted down from 14, one by one opening up envelopes and revealing team logos. My question is, how do they plan on making it suspenseful if, say, the #6 teams wins the lottery? As soon as you hit the 6th pick, and its not the team slotted for that position, we will know who won it. They would almost have to start counting down from 5, but even then we would know a team out of the top 5 had won.

Ruckus007

where to?
May 27, 2003
Huntington, WV
Probably won't celebrate clinching last, or winning the lottery or any of that stuff, don't see the point. Though I'll be a lot more nervous during the lottery than I'm going to let on publicly. :naughty:

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad