How will you celebrate if the Sabres win the lottery?

Ness

New Age Retro Hippie
Dec 5, 2008
Denver
A thread for dreams. In this alternate reality, it has just been announced that the Buffalo Sabres will be selecting first overall in the 2015 draft. How will you celebrate? I live in Kansas, with exactly MAYBE one other Sabres fan, so I will most likely log onto HFBoards and bask in the glory with all of you. And I'll also be blowing up my twitter timeline with tweets and retweets of joy.

Lastly, I'll then head to the "Roster Speculation: 2015-16" thread where McDavid will be penciled into everyone's lineups, as well as trade proposals to make Buffalo a contender next season. I also expect that tank/anti-tank crowd to unite, where we can all begin rooting for the Sabres to actually win games now.

Auston Matthews be damned!!

Bps21*

I just don't expect to win the lottery.

The day we clinch last place though...My friends and I already have standing plans to go party all night. Then when I get home drunk from a night celebrating clinching a franchise center to go with Reinhart as an amazing 2 (remember when we spent half a decade with Connolly, Roy, Hecht and Gaustad?)...I probably get some infractions for telling off Mortgage Broker

RoofIt5hole

Ball Don't Lie
Jul 1, 2014
Chicago

The day we clinch last place though...My friends and I already have standing plans to go party all night. Then when I get home drunk from a night celebrating clinching a franchise center to go with Reinhart as an amazing 2 (remember when we spent half a decade with Connolly, Roy, Hecht and Gaustad?)...I probably get some infractions for telling off Mortgage Broker

I will also celebrate clinching last place by imbibing copious amounts of alcohol... And then lighting a dumpster on fire.

As for if they win the lottery... I'll place my order for a Connor McDavid jersey that day.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
I'll smile widely. Probably pump my fist.

Then I'll change the channel and realize that, from that moment, I still have to wait a few years for materializing into success for my team.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Well, I've been saving a Carolina Hurricane's pint glass from the 2006 Conference Finals. I use it, but really, I've been waiting for an excuse to destroy it in a violent fashion that would upset hurricane fans. If we were given the good fortune of winning the lottery, I'd probably find a way to use the destruction of that pint gas as a way to rub proverbial salt in the open wound of getting their hopes for McDavid dashed.

Clock

May 13, 2006
I'd be tempted to take the day off and just drink while watching the draft.

We're not winning the lottery, though - Toronto or Carolina are.

RefsIdeas

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
In my 24 years alive, I'm pretty sure that will be the best, or one of the best moments of my Buffalo sports fan life.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I'd be tempted to take the day off and just drink while watching the draft.

We're not winning the lottery, though - Toronto or Carolina are.

Did you know there are pictures of you all over the internet? Look:
debbie-downer.jpg

;)

If we do win the lotto, tho, I'm drinking every beer and ordering a McDavid jersey.

CaptPantalones

Oct 8, 2006
Buffalo, NY
If we win the lottery, I'll likely break down and cry. Then proceed to run naked from my house to FNC wearing nothing but a Sabres flag....

But seriously ill be pretty excited. Probably celebrate around the house while my wife looks at me like I'm nuts

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
If we win, I'll start whiteboarding draft/fa scenarios and roster projections.

If we lose, I'll start whiteboarding draft/fa scenarios and roster projections, and unfortunately include unlikely scenarios in which we trade from 2 to 1.

ZeroPT*

I'll be right here with you brother
I will also celebrate clinching last place by imbibing copious amounts of alcohol... And then lighting a dumpster on fire.

As for if they win the lottery... I'll place my order for a Connor McDavid jersey that day.
Add me to the mcdavid jersey train
10 beers
15 shots
4 joints

This right here.

I'll also listen to Migos at full blast and dance around my apartment for the rest of the night.
These two.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
I would throw a tank victory rager party. You're all invited. Dress code is that everyone must paint 97 somewhere on their bodies and have it visible at all times.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $935.00