How will you celebrate if the Sabres win the lottery?

Michael8771*

I posted in here a few months ago. I'm a pens fan, and I sincerely hope your franchise gets Mcdavid. And if not you'll get Eichel, he's not too bad either. In any case I'm rooting for you guys. Pittsburgh's been blessed with four generational talents, it's only fair another organization deserves this sort of thing themselves. And Buffalo would be the team I'd want to get him above all others. Hell no to EDM!! They've squandered opportunities year after year. I wish you guys nothing but the best, well, as soon as the seasons over. Losing now sucks, but it will all be worth it.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
I can't even fathom what I would do if we won the lottery. I'm not watching it and waiting until its completely done as it's far to stressful.

RoofIt5hole

Ball Don't Lie
Jul 1, 2014
Chicago
I can't even fathom what I would do if we won the lottery. I'm not watching it and waiting until its completely done as it's far to stressful.

Do what I'm gonna do. Set a dumpster on fire. To me there's something poetic about torching a dumpster after this dumpster fire of a season.

... not to condone arson or anything.

Ness

New Age Retro Hippie
Dec 5, 2008
Denver

If I'm working the night of the lottery announcement, I've already decided I'm taking that night off. I worked during last year's lottery announcement, and the second I got off work, I checked my phone.

Notification from The Score:

Florida Panthers win lottery; To pick first in 2014 NHL Entry Draft. :help:

BUT...Buffalo still landed Samson. So it was all good. :handclap:

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Who is going to start the thread .. What will you break when the Sabres lose the lottery?

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
I've been working out for 3 years straight 5 days a week for this moment. :yo::yo::yo:
Be proud of your overall physique, sure, but that's not what people will be staring at.

04/15/2014 Draft Lottery
Buffalo, NY Temperature at 8:00pm: 28.0 °F

...good luck ...I WAS IN THE POOOOOL!

jamers

bleep bop bloop
Sep 17, 2011
Honestly, I don't know if I'll be able to watch it... I'm nervous now just thinking about it. Ugh.

But to answer the question, I will undoubtedly order a sweater.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
I'm not nervous. I know they'll lose - it's a 20% chance. I've pencilled in Eichel to the lineup.

If they win, that's a bonus.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I'm not nervous. I know they'll lose - it's a 20% chance. I've pencilled in Eichel to the lineup.

If they win, that's a bonus.

I'll be way more nervous up until we lock up last place than I'll be at the lottery, even with it being designed to be nerve-wracking and McDavid being at stake. It just can't be seen as much of a letdown to get Eichel, even if you see there being a big separation, because hardly anyone would argue that Eichel isn't an above-average 1st overall.

That said I'd still be really anxious during the countdown. I don't know how someone couldn't be.

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
Right now I am more excited about the end of the season or the moment we clinch last place. I will be super excited/relieved to know we will be getting McDavid or Eichel.

Now, if we ended in "second place" or "worse" and then won the lottery, I would probably do something unpredictable and completely out of my control. My money is on crying, but running out of my house screaming with joy for a mile down the road is certainly top 3 in responses.

I may have a bottle of champagne prepared in my basement to celebrate baseball pennant style just in case, or for after my initial gut reaction.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
It will most likely be on April 14th

Agree. It's usually the Tuesday (although I think I remember a Monday one year) after the NHL regular season ends and before the first playoff game starts. I don't know what accommodations are made for the Major Junior league seasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad