How to quickly lose weight (and keep it off for good)?

How to quickly lose weight

• Total voters

kingsholygrail

Banana Split 1-1
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
If you're buying two of everything, buy one instead. Don't sit during breaks. Go for a walk. If you're into the gym thing, spend more time there. Get good at telling yourself 'no.' No cheat days. Cheat days just give you a chance to wipe out all your progress in one binge session. Get good at understanding what servings are. Realize junk food is exactly that. CHEW your food. Actually taste it. Don't just shovel it as fast as possible.

SullivanT

May 9, 2015
Edmonton
I have great success with HIIT training I also combo it with OMAD and carb cycling. Never felt better in my life. Skin looks healthy have tons of energy and It satisfies my cravings for excessively large portion sizes when eating. I've lost 44 lbs since March but easily could of lost it faster I actually had to increase my calories intake because I felt I was losing too fast.

Reactions: irunthepeg
Sep 19, 2008
That's pretty impressive. I've considered HIIT but honestly I dont' follow a set plan or anything. I just go to the gym and use the machines there. Ab machines. Mostly upper body. Lower Body restricted because of some knee problems.

Sep 19, 2008
The Smith machine is absolutely terrible for squatting, benching and deadlifting and any trainer worth a shit would know that.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
if you lost in 20lbs in a week it's likely water weight and/or something extremely unhealthy. The real option isn't even a poll selection: eat less than you need per day

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
@jumptheshark how did you lose weight

started at 240 and I am down to 210--but sarcasm aside from your side

I actually started paying attention to what I ate, started doing yoga(if you call what I do yoga) and I work out 45 minute a day

started drinking herbal tea and water over coffee and I go for 30 minute walk after dinner

I finally started working normal hours (normal for hotel work that is) and I moved to Wales from London

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
That's pretty impressive. I've considered HIIT but honestly I dont' follow a set plan or anything. I just go to the gym and use the machines there. Ab machines. Mostly upper body. Lower Body restricted because of some knee problems.

Imagine pulling your knee sitting in a recliner.

Sep 19, 2008
I once got a six pack in two weeks.
JFS2Km5.jpg

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Intermittent fasting doesn't work

Yes it does. IF isn't some magical tool that makes you lose weight, it's literally there to provide you with discipline to not snack all day and then get all your calories in during a shorter window, in which you can feel fuller during.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
You don't lose weight quickly AND keep it off.

If you want to lose weight and keep it off, it demands a change in a lifestyle. That never happens quickly.

Kim Gordon

Sep 13, 2019
Honestly if I was Roman and had no shot at getting laid anyway, never left the house, and had no reason to wake up in the morning, I’d just eat whatever the f*** I wanted, stop exercising, switch to elastic waist bands, and hope some obesity related health issue killed me so I didn’t have to keep living such a miserable life.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2008
Honestly if I was Roman and had no shot at getting laid anyway, never left the house, and had no reason to wake up in the morning, I’d just eat whatever the **** I wanted, stop exercising, switch to elastic waist bands, and hope some obesity repeated health issue killed me so I didn’t have to keep living such a miserable life.
If I had my way, I'd never work. I'd just stay home all day, watch Scarface 50 times, eat a turkey sandwich, and have sex all f***ing day. Then I'd dress up like a clown, and surprise kids at schools. Then I'd take a dump in the back of a movie theater, and just wait until somebody sat in it. Hear it squish. That's funny to me. Then I'd paint, and read, and play violin. I'd climb the mountains, and sing the songs that I like to sing. But I don't got that kinda time.

Kim Gordon

Sep 13, 2019
If I had my way, I'd never work. I'd just stay home all day, watch Scarface 50 times, eat a turkey sandwich, and have sex all f***ing day. Then I'd dress up like a clown, and surprise kids at schools. Then I'd take a dump in the back of a movie theater, and just wait until somebody sat in it. Hear it squish. That's funny to me. Then I'd paint, and read, and play violin. I'd climb the mountains, and sing the songs that I like to sing. But I don't got that kinda time.

Why are you in this thread disavowing Smith Machines months before calling me “entitled” for saying they weren’t helpful?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad