How to quickly lose weight (and keep it off for good)?

How to quickly lose weight

• Total voters

Richard

Feb 8, 2012
I lost 40 pounds in a month before. Went from 225 to 185. I ran 7 miles a day on average every single day, and had hockey and lacrosse practice and lifted four times a week.

The most I've lost post 25 is 15 pounds in a month. Take it easy, drop 10 pounds a month which is a good, easy goal if you're a man and 230 pounds +

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
I use UnderArmour Fitness Pal app.
It gives you a calorie goal for the day.
You record the food you eat during the day and keep it under or at their goal.
I was about 200 lbs at the end of Jan, and a month later I am 191. Right now I have 1680 calories a day.
You just need to watch what you eat. I don't exercise much, walk about 8000 steps a day.

Sep 19, 2008
I use UnderArmour Fitness Pal app.
It gives you a calorie goal for the day.
You record the food you eat during the day and keep it under or at their goal.
I was about 200 lbs at the end of Jan, and a month later I am 191. Right now I have 1680 calories a day.
You just need to watch what you eat. I don't exercise much, walk about 8000 steps a day.

I started using that app again especially after @Kyle93 said you could just scan the UPC code for most things you eat at home :laugh:

What is the goal here? Someone told me about caloric deficit around 400. What does that mean?

My total caloric intake is about 2000 per day which is recommended for most people.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
I started using that app again especially after @Kyle93 said you could just scan the UPC code for most things you eat at home :laugh:

What is the goal here? Someone told me about caloric deficit around 400. What does that mean?

My total caloric intake is about 2000 per day which is recommended for most people.

If you eat 2000 calories per day and exercise you should lose weight.

Sep 19, 2008
If you eat 2000 calories per day and exercise you should lose weight.

427960.gif

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
387117.jpg

From this day forward, I pledge there will be no pork chop too succulent!
No donut too tasty!
No pizza too laden with delicious toppings to prevent me from reaching my scientifically-determined ideal weight!
As God as my witness, I'll always be hungry again!!

Reactions: Roman Fell
Sep 19, 2008
387117.jpg

From this day forward, I pledge there will be no pork chop too succulent!
No donut too tasty!
No pizza too laden with delicious toppings to prevent me from reaching my scientifically-determined ideal weight!
As God as my witness, I'll always be hungry again!!

Portion control is a real issue because I'm always hungry

At the restaurant

566832.gif

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Just clean up your diet stop eating out and try to add some activity to your regular routine. There is no sure fire way as were all different but these things will definitely help. Don't count calories as that can be over whelming for some just try to eat better less junk and increase your daily calorie burn even with walking. Heck I put a TV in garage on wall and walk on treadmill it helped not only in getting me moving but from snacking sitting on sofa. Once you get active add weight lifting nothing crazy to start if you've never done before but creating muscle is the best fat burner !! Good luck.

Sep 19, 2008
Yeah I worked out at Planet fitness™ yesterday and I was lifting some 20 pound weights. The 30 pound ones are too heavy! My body is very sore even a day after. :cry:

I don't think there's really anything wrong with my diet but I also am a village idiot about counting calories so meticulously so after I educate myself I may start counting calories. But it is probably the easiest way to lose weight.

Sep 19, 2008
The problem with Keto is that I love carbs like pizza and rice
Going keto would mean cutting those out or taking time out of my busy day to find fancy ass "KETO FRIENDLY" foods :laugh:
Why the hell can't I just eat anything I want and work it all off at the gym? Why do you have to waste time counting carbs? I used the MyFitnessPal for one day and quit using it. Now I eat whatever I want but I work it all off in the gym. I get a general gist of how many calories I take in per day, around 2000, which is recommended by doctors, and I work out every now and then at my local Planet Fitness establishment on the cardio and the weight starts to go away
Power to you if you want to count and take stats and notes on your diet but for me honestly I don't feel it's necessary to document everything I eat and do. Then again I am notoriously lazy.

Sep 19, 2008
Brooks Orpik wants Andre Burakovsky to be his best self

"Orpy is always saying don't eat too much pasta," Burakovsky said. "When we eat pregame meals and I put dressing on the salad, he's like, 'Cut down on that a little bit.'"
It may sound harsh, but it's all in good spirit -- and all because Burakovsky asked for some help.
"He's a guy who is always asking why he's so tired," Orpik says. "I know he gets enough sleep, so I told him it's probably his diet. So I've tried to help him work on that."

Reactions: romba

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Portion control is the hardest.
Not eating the foods I love and crave is even harder.

Enter....intermittent fasting!

I'm at work so I don't bring food, drink TONS of water which keeps my stomach from eating itself and limits the hunger pangs, also have lots of coffee with a teensy bit of milk but no sugar (bit of cheating with the milk) and that's it for 16 hours of the day, of which is half-ish is sleeping. The other 8 hours or so I eat what I want and when I want. Works like a charm.

Weekends are on a family schedule and I can't keep to it as well, but it still really works, the weight stays off. If I added working out to my lifestyle change then it would literally be game over for all other males, I'd be too much of a female magnet. Good thing I'm lazy AF.

I was doing this diet/lifestyle for over a year before it became a thing. I used to feel guilty to starving myself and then 'pigging out' and wouldn't give ppl a straight answer for how I stay in solid shape when they'd see me eating 3 portions worth at times lol

Reactions: Roman Fell
Sep 19, 2008
reading that article made me want to eat like a professional athlete

and not like some michael phelps who eats like 6000 calories per day

Sep 19, 2008
so all i do at the gym is cycle the elliptical at planet fitness without using free weights

i should try a more structured lifting regimen that uses free weights, barbells, and bench pressing. as usual @Chippah is right !

Sep 19, 2008
Used too many upper body machines today. (Shoulder press, ab machine, bicep curl, chest and pectoral machines)

Body is aching like nuts

How do you make the aches and pains go away

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad