How to lodge a complaint about the ACC/ Toronto Maple Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kessley Snipes*

Your really in no position to make such assumptions, get off your high horse.

Are you someone who supports the suits who show up to there seat half way through the period too?

It sounds like he was trying to provide fan support in a sea of uptight people

So because of the way someone dresses there automatically an uptight person? I didn't realize that successful people were not welcome at hockey games. Also clearly you've never been to a game, otherwise you would see how difficult it can be sometimes to use the washroom and get a drink and still make it back for puck drop

BayStreetBullies*

So because of the way someone dresses there automatically an uptight person? I didn't realize that successful people were not welcome at hockey games. Also clearly you've never been to a game, otherwise you would see how difficult it can be sometimes to use the washroom and get a drink and still make it back for puck drop

Hold on now. Using the washrooms at the ACC and drinking over-priced beer is a privilege, not a right. ;)

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Drop The Mits,

Your sarcastic response to the usher suggested to him that you would not comply with his request. That is a very reasonable interpretation of your response, and is probably the one most people would reach.

I'm guessing you're relatively young and haven't been to many games before. Here's my advice to you:

You can play the victim here, or you can use this as an opportunity to reflect and grow as a person. You were inconsiderate about those around you. You may not have realized it at the time, but in the future you should be more aware of those around you and how your actions affect them. You were also dismissive towards the usher. This was your key mistake. In the future, you should not act like this towards anyone, but especially not towards those that have some degree of authority.

You can continue to go through life acting like this, but I guarantee you it won't be to your benefit.

Just my opinion.

You're right I am relatively young. Just because I'm young does not give them the right to kick me out of the arena having been warned once and actually listening to their warning. I was sarcastic, yes but that does not give them the right to kick me out if I was listening to them. I am a fan of the team, a fan of hockey, and want to show it. Nothing I did was out of line for a sporting event.

Kessley Snipes*

Yeah, I'm so angry I'm passing judgement on the OP based on what-ifs and conjecture.

Oh wait, that's you. :laugh:

Well I'll take stock in the fact that I'm able to coherently communicate on an Internet message board without having to use expletives :laugh:

BayStreetBullies*

You're right I am relatively young. Just because I'm young does not give them the right to kick me out of the arena having been warned once and actually listening to their warning. I was sarcastic, yes but that does not give them the right to kick me out if I was listening to them. I am a fan of the team, a fan of hockey, and want to show it. Nothing I did was out of line for a sporting event.

If it ever happens again, just report whomever is complaining about you standing up. Get them kicked out first. :laugh:

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Email a sportswriter or something. I bet they would be interested to hear about it. Especially since they often comment on the lack of atmosphere in the ACC.

Do this man. I went to a game a few years ago and I was making some noise (they were seats up high, too, ) there was a family in front of me that kept looking back at me, while they all sat there with their leaf jerseys on not making a peep. I admit I swore a few times, (the leafs were ****), but its a hockey game FFS.

We have a pathetic atmosphere in the ACC, it only really gets good during the playoffs.

Go to the media if you can, just make sure your side of the story is legit (as in you really did nothing wrong).

Kessley Snipes*

They have the right to remove anyone at anytime for any reason. Its their property

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
So many princesses in here. It's a damn hockey game, not a pageant.

Bouncers/Ushers/security guards are all on a power trip and make a similar amount of money as my younger sister.

I agree that it is total BS, and I would definitely file a complaint if I were you. My buddies and I were watching the game last night on TV and the crowd was dead, god forbid you stand up/cheer for your team during a game.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Are people seriously giving someone a hard time for showing excitement at a hockey game? Are these the same people that complain about the empty seats in the first few rows at the beginning of each period?

I see that the rule at the ACC has become sit down and shut up...and enjoy the game...but not too much.

You should try [email protected] :)

mikeo1

Jan 6, 2008
Vancouver

You can always focus on what others did wrong, but its much more useful to think about what you could have done to avoid this situation.

No major harm done in the end. Learn from it and move on.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Drop The Mits,

Your sarcastic response to the usher suggested to him that you would not comply with his request. That is a very reasonable interpretation of your response, and is probably the one most people would reach.

I'm guessing you're relatively young and haven't been to many games before. Here's my advice to you:

You can play the victim here, or you can use this as an opportunity to reflect and grow as a person. You were inconsiderate about those around you. You may not have realized it at the time, but in the future you should be more aware of those around you and how your actions affect them. You were also dismissive towards the usher. This was your key mistake. In the future, you should not act like this towards anyone, but especially not towards those that have some degree of authority.

You can continue to go through life acting like this, but I guarantee you it won't be to your benefit.

Just my opinion.

...is this drivel serious?

Based on the story presented here, I would think the fact that OP didn't stand up afterwards would provide far more evidence as to whether he would heed the usher's request than any response. Unless we're instituting a process of pre-emptively kicking out people at games.

And for the record, I would find anyone constantly complaining and running to ushers about someone around me doing this as far more inconsiderate than the person actually doing it. If you have a problem, deal with the person directly jeez.

BayStreetBullies*

Well I'll take stock in the fact that I'm able to coherently communicate on an Internet message board without having to use expletives :laugh:

Ah yes, there's that unwarranted arrogance rearing its ugly head again. :laugh:

I used said expletive to describe the personality of people who feel the need to look down upon others. I'm sorry if you took that personally, but it's probably because I struck a chord with that particular comment. ;)

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Bad PR from a corporation that consistently takes their fanbase for granted, add a second team to the GTA and see how quickly MLSE changes their ways.

Phaneuffan3

Beleafer
Aug 22, 2011
The HC - Ontario

Lol ok dude, I've been to plenty of games, funny that the upper bowls (where fans sit) have occupants back to there seat at puck drop.

Face it your grasping at straws here, and I don't have time for this

mikeo1

Jan 6, 2008
Vancouver
...is this drivel serious?

Based on the story presented here, I would think the fact that OP didn't stand up afterwards would provide far more evidence as to whether he would heed the usher's request than any response. Unless we're instituting a process of pre-emptively kicking out people at games.

Yes, it is serious.

Clearly the usher disagreed. He probably didn't have time to notice that the OP never stood up again, as he was too busy getting security after the initial dismissal.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Most teams have a code of conduct where fans agree implicitly by virtue of holding a ticket not to interfere with the enjoyment of other fans. Sounds like the OP broke this and was warned.

I have no dog in this fight and am not endorsing or denying the OP's account of the events. But as of now its all we have to go on.

it looks like the usher warned him not to stand up and he didnt do it again and got booted for sarcasm, which if true, does suck.

I can see him getting a warning from the usher, standing up again and getting the hook. I think this is a reasonable accomodation to the other fans. but getting a warning, not standing up again and getting the hook for being sarcastic ( some might consider it being lippy) is idiotic. if ushers and arena workers can toss people if they dont like their attitude, to me that is overstepping a little.

BayStreetBullies*

Yes, it is serious.

Clearly the usher wasn't impressed by your standard of evidence.

Because an usher, with all their exhaustive training of walking around and talking to people, have a firm grasp of right and wrong?

Kessley Snipes*

Lol ok dude, I've been to plenty of games, funny that the upper bowls (where fans sit) have occupants back to there seat at puck drop.

Face it your grasping at straws here, and I don't have time for this

Right because fans can only sit in the upper level. Your drivel is amusing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad