How to lodge a complaint about the ACC/ Toronto Maple Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
It's pretty clear he was guilty of breaking the rules given to him by the usher. I'm not looking down my nose I just think his whole "I'm the innocent victim" thing is a little overplayed here

Are you just ignoring what I'm saying to fit your agenda? :help: I was warned and then promptly removed after I did what the usher asked.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Yeah that is why the ACC is quieter then a funeral home. Most bouncers like to show off their authority since, because the majority of them are people who couldn't cut it for the police department, and now realize they wasted 2 years in police foundations and still have a subpar border line minimum wage job.

The Blue Devil

Nov 9, 2009
so ******** no wonder it's like a ****in library in there I remember one time I cheered and stood up and clapped after a big penalty kill and everyone looked at me weird and I even got shushed. :facepalm:

When I go to Buffalo or TB games it's a way better atmosphere

Didn't you hear, they're replacing the pictures for bookshelves to get that authentic library feel.

All kidding aside, I find it weird that you got kicked for that(not saying I don't believe you). I've been to a couple of games where fans around me were yelling and jeering the other team all night, as well as cheer and never got kicked.

BayStreetBullies*

Yeah that is why the ACC is quieter then a funeral home. Most bouncers like to show off their authority since, because the majority of them are people who couldn't cut it for the police department, and now realize they wasted 2 years in police foundations and still have a subpar border line minimum wage job.

:laugh: Imagine saying that to one of the ushers.

Kessley Snipes*

You mean when I sat down when he gave me the warning and then two minutes later getting removed? You're playing devil's advocate for no reason.

I'm willing to bet that based on the disappointment of having to sit down, you didn't really just sit down without giving it a bit to the usher first

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

They aren't bouncers. You've never been to a game have you.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
I'm willing to bet that based on the disappointment of having to sit down, you didn't really just sit down without giving it a bit to the usher first

You're right. As I sat down I gave him one of these.
jennifer-lawrence-10.gif

Even if I blatantly said that I wasn't going to listen and still sat down doesn't give him any reason to get me kicked out until I actually disobeyed his warning.

mikeo1

Jan 6, 2008
Vancouver
You mean when I sat down when he gave me the warning and then two minutes later getting removed? You're playing devil's advocate for no reason.

Drop The Mits,

Your sarcastic response to the usher suggested to him that you would not comply with his request. That is a very reasonable interpretation of your response, and is probably the one most people would reach.

I'm guessing you're relatively young and haven't been to many games before. Here's my advice to you:

You can play the victim here, or you can use this as an opportunity to reflect and grow as a person. You were inconsiderate about those around you. You may not have realized it at the time, but in the future you should be more aware of those around you and how your actions affect them. You were also dismissive towards the usher. This was your key mistake. In the future, you should not act like this towards anyone, but especially not towards those that have some degree of authority.

You can continue to go through life acting like this, but I guarantee you it won't be to your benefit.

Just my opinion.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Perhaps he had confused you with someone he had warned earlier.

I go to tons of games and only twice seen people removed.

1) two homeless guys that a scalper must have gave tickets to came in during the 2nd and brought their own drinks.
2) Flyer fan who was passed out before the game even started. He kept twitching in his sleep and kept kicking the girl in front of him in the head.

Espher

Nov 22, 2008
Fredericton, N.B.
So demonstrating logic and reasoning skills makes me a "taddle- tale"?

You keep using those words. I do not think they mean what you think they mean.

fwiw, whenever I'm at a sporting event and someone in front/beside me stands up to watch an exciting play, I generally stand up to get a view of the sequence too. Never bothers me. If people don't like the idiosyncrasies of a live sporting event, perhaps they should not attend live sporting events.

sync95

Feb 21, 2009
Ontario
At MLSE, it's all about them exerting their authority over people. They unreasonably treat fans like trash, just to see if there will be any opposition to their actions( like unreasonable fan ejection, ticket price spike). I recommend you go to the press(not Cox) and tell them your side of the story.

Kessley Snipes*

Drop The Mits,

Your sarcastic response to the usher suggested to him that you would not comply with his request. That is a very reasonable interpretation of your response, and is probably the one most people would reach.

I'm guessing you're relatively young and haven't been to many games before. Here's my advice to you:

You can play the victim here, or you can use this as an opportunity to reflect and grow as a person. You were inconsiderate about those around you. You may not have realized it at the time, but in the future you should be more aware of those around you and how your actions affect them. You were also dismissive towards the usher. In the future, you should not act like this towards anyone, but especially not towards those that have some degree of authority.

You can continue to go through life acting like this, but I guarantee you it won't be to your benefit.

Just my opinion.

Well said.

A ticket to an NHL game is not a right, it's a privilege

Kessley Snipes*

fwiw, whenever I'm at a sporting event and someone in front/beside me stands up to watch an exciting play, I generally stand up to get a view of the sequence too. Never bothers me. If people don't like the idiosyncrasies of a live sporting event, perhaps they should not attend live sporting events.

He stood up in a tie game to watch them enter the zone. at least that's my impression. There is a time to stand, and a time where it becomes excessive. He didn't know where to draw the line

Phaneuffan3

Beleafer
Aug 22, 2011
The HC - Ontario

Your really in no position to make such assumptions, get off your high horse.

Are you someone who supports the suits who show up to there seat half way through the period too?

It sounds like he was trying to provide fan support in a sea of uptight people

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
TBH, I don't care what he was doing if he wasn't swearing/yelling at the opposing team.... Watching the game online (I went to the home opener and it was at least somewhat loud + everybody looked to be in blue + white because of the scarves) I was disappointed that the crowd wasn't louder... Get the hell up and cheer on your team every once in a while! Yeah it sucks when people are standing the whole time in front of you, but if it happens just when a good shot/good save happens, shouldn't everybody be standing? It's way too quiet in the ACC.

Edit: at the home opener there was a guy a bunch of rows behind me yelling every once in a while, but it wasn't profanity so I didn't mind, he got the people that could hear him laughing or clapping... It gets the crowd going, which is what you want at a sports game (like winnipeg).

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Drop The Mits,

You can play the victim here, or you can use this as an opportunity to reflect and grow as a person. You were inconsiderate about those around you. You may not have realized it at the time, but in the future you should be more aware of those around you and how your actions affect them. You were also dismissive towards the usher. In the future, you should not act like this towards anyone, but especially not towards those that have some degree of authority.

Just my opinion.

Valid opinion, however, with none of us asides from the OP being there, the flip side of the coin could be argued .. The usher saw the sarcasm and abused his power out of spite kicked him out with little warning

What was the warning exactly initially? "Stop standing up or you'll get kicked out" .. Or was it "You're disrupting the game for other fans

There is little proof that the OP was actually disrupting anyone's enjoyment of the game - sure him standing up a few times could be annoying, but it's speculative without anyone here actually seeing what happened to come to that conclusion .. Regardless, I have a hard time believing no one would ask the OP to sit down if he was being that annoying .. That's just my opinion though

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Drop The Mits,

Just my opinion.

I disagree with your take here.....

When you approach a person in public to tell them something that is potentially embarrassing, you do so with tact.....you do not as your first engagement with a person start with a warning that you will be tossed...if you repeat the same action again.....unless it is very offensive.

You call the person aside and explain to them that people have complained and that if he continues to do the same thing that you will have no choice but to have him removed.

You do not start with the hammer right off the bat as you will get the same reaction each and every time.

Phaneuffan3

Beleafer
Aug 22, 2011
The HC - Ontario

Bingo, right on the money

Espher

Nov 22, 2008
Fredericton, N.B.
He stood up in a tie game to watch them enter the zone. at least that's my impression. There is a time to stand, and a time where it becomes excessive. He didn't know where to draw the line

You're employing so many assumptions and logical leaps in your campaign to try and knock him down a peg using "logic and reasoning" that I'm confusing you with this guy.

BayStreetBullies*

Well said.

A ticket to an NHL game is not a right, it's a privilege

It's a privilege to spend a few hundred bucks on a ticket? :huh:

Does said "privilege" give others the right to feel like entitled, self-righteous ******?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad