How much credit do you give Anderson for the Sens current record

Rank your satisfaction with Anderson

• Total voters

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I knew this thread would eventually determine how much credit (a lot) should be given to Andy. I didn't want it to come about like this, but I knew it would sort itself out, eventually.

Its far more about Chabot than Anderson.

There is not much positive credit to be given to the team this year, I can credit them with being bad.

Anderson is not one of the best goalies in the league according to the stats site above ^.

The record sucks, so i would give him his proportionate amount of credit for that terrible record.

I don't know what percentage it would be after all unknown mitigating factors are considered. But to him it doesn't really matter, he has had a great career. And to us it doesn't matter as most agree there seems to be some sort of dysfunction of the team as a whole, including management and ownership. So even if Gustavsson came up and played lights out and we landed just outside the playoffs the narrative might be we should have soaked him in gravy in the minors before feeding him to the wolves. etc etc.

I just think it doesn't make sense to even evaluate Anderson's play, he is pretty much done his career, his family lives in florida, the team sucks and isn't making the playoffs. In the words of mike babcock, ummm paiiinnnnn , until the next year we draft some awesome guy oh wait, oh no oh no.

Its pretty obvious that Chabot is the only reason this team has been competitive. 0-5 without him. The Islanders game was a true indication 2-1 with him 5-1 without. Lost every game since.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Without Anderson stealing games early that we had absolutely no business being in, we would be 6+ points further in the basement.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
I can return the ball. If we have a real number one we can have a 7 or 8 more win.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Anderson should have a statue outisde the CTC. He's not always on but majority of the time he's the one saving our bacon to keep us in games. The amount of times I've seen him win us games or steal a point is unparalleled.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Until now, I might not have given Anderson as much credit as he deserves except on a game by game basis but having seen 4 other goalies take a shot at playing in net for the Sens this season I chose "Doing pretty good".

Andy hasn't given the puck away too often that I recall or let in those easy wraparounds like in the past. He's kept the Sens in most games. His SV% isn't as good as it should be but you have to take into consideration that most Sens D can't clear the front of the net to give him an unobstructed view and they also back in deep and allow guys to skate close in to take point blank shots. I blame youth on D and the seemingly inability to adapt coaching system for the failings this season much more than anything else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad