Jan 7, 2016
Anderson played something like 18 straight games seeing 35 shots a night

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Yep and yet people wrote him off ....Andy was never the problem last season

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I don't think he is altering the outcomes per se

for the most part were winning games we should and losing games we deserve to lose

he is definitely playing well enough for us to win. last year he was not

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
There are some decent teams out there that have absolutely atrocious goaltending.

It's the one frightening aspect of our "rebuild".

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I mean, it depends. Is the alternative a combination of Condon and McKenna, because if so I suspect we'd have 1 or 2 wins without Anderson.

The team has shown the ability to score, but is porous defensively. Anderson has done what you want a starter to do, keep us in games. He's had some off nights where you could argue with a better performance we'd have won, but that happens with every goalie, our issue is that we typically aren't good enough defensively to win games where he has an off night, because if he's off, there's 6 goals in our net.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
He has had some very good games. Andy has also had a few stinkers this year. So, maybe add another 4 losses onto the team if it was just our backups this season?

Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
The advanced stats crowd seems to indicate he's been about average, but improving. I kinda had the same trend in my head just from observation. Thought he was okay at the beginning, but not great. Much better lately.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
The advanced stats crowd seems to indicate he's been about average, but improving. I kinda had the same trend in my head just from observation. Thought he was okay at the beginning, but not great. Much better lately.

This exactly. Had he played like he as of late, earlier in the season, than maybe I would attribute more to him.

But as you stated, there were games at the start that he shares the blame for the L.

hawthy

Mar 31, 2010
Ottawa
Andy’s been big. Not great every night, but if the question is “how much credit is due to him”, IMO it’s a fair amount. The amount of shots he faces every night and the fact that we currently don’t have a reliable relief pitcher off the bench - in addition to his more-often-then-not steadiness, is something else to consider.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Craig gets as much credit imo as anyone else on the roster for our poor record, of course the absolute massive lion's share belongs to the owner.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
All of it. If we had a good goalie we'd be in a playoff spot.

I really dont think he has been anything special this season... He has let in alot of back breaking goals despite making lots of big saves it usually happens when the team comes all the way back. He isnt getting alot of help defensively but the team does score alot of goals.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Yep and yet people wrote him off ....Andy was never the problem last season

He was terrible... So were lots of players but he was really really bad too. Atleast he is staying in his net this year and isnt getting upset when people rightfully asked him what the hell he is doing when he leaves the crease.

BritishSen

May 20, 2018
I thought he was finished last season tbh, he's been good but I wouldn't give him too much credit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad