OT: How many Boston teams are you a fan of?

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
Bruins
Red Sox
Pats
Northeastern Hockey
Portuguese national team soccer

Hate basketball. Since I stopped having roommates 8 years ago I have not watched a second of the sport.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Bruins..........and only Bruins.

The one exception is I'd root for the Red Sox when they play the Yankees every time. Baseball is my 2nd favorite sport by a wide margin. Admittedly a Jays fan.

Love playing Basketball, but lost interest in the NBA after Jordan and his Bulls finished their run in 1998.

The NFL and football in general doesn't interest me whatsoever. I'll attend Super Bowl parties for the free food and good company only.

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Bruins only.

Don't have a strong feeling either way regarding the Sox.

Can't stand the Celtics or Patriots but respect what those 2 organizations have accomplished.

Agent86

Jun 20, 2010
Missed it by That Much
Bruins

Vikings

Darts (mainly because being a lifelong Bruins/Vikings fan makes me gravitate towards a sport where drinking (and smoking) isn't just for the spectators, it's part of the game!)

May 9, 2010
Weymouth
Grew up in the Boston area and still live here.

Obviously, like most on these boards, the Bruins are my #1 pro team. As for the others: I watch every Pats game (doesn't say much since there's just 1 a week) and would do so even if they were a losing team. I follow the Red Sox closely, but probably only watch 75%+ of games in pieces since they are so long. When I was younger, the Red Sox were on par with the Bruins for me. The new (do we still call them "new"?) ownership has kind of turned me off a bit with the whole Fenway/Sox as a lovable tourist attraction with cutesy quirks. Really no idea how to describe it.

I don't watch the Celtics or follow them closely because I think it's useless to watch the NBA. I'll check their games out in the playoffs and want them to do well.

Looks like I'm not the only one here, but I am also a huge Northeastern fan.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
I root for all the Boston teams and catch whatever games I can but I only a die hard and don’t miss a game for the Boston Bruins. I don’t get stressed out when the other Boston teams don’t play well.

For college I root for whatever teams have the Bruins prospects on them and try to go to a lot of games because they are cheap and convenient.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Only a Bruin fan, I`m a fair weather baseball fan who once was a rabid fan whose heart was ripped out when the Expos came to an end

Don`t follow pro hoops at all

NFL- Steelers but fair weather fan over last 5-7 years

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Bruins

Pats

Sox

Celtics

Or something like that. In regards to ratio of games watched, however, Pats are first because it's really easy to catch all their games in regards to European time zones compared to the 1-4:30 AM starts of all but a handful of Bruins games each season - and mostly weekdays (especially f*** all the :30 starts, ffs! :laugh:, 7:30 is worse than 8 on principle alone)

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Do UConn sports count as Boston area? :laugh:

The Bruins are the only pro sports team I'm truly invested in. I watch the Pats and casually root for them, but I'm more into football for fantasy than I am for seeing any one team succeed.

I think baseball is dreadfully boring and unentertaining, and really do not care for the Red Sox. The 04 run was cool, but (and I really do not mean to offend) they've grown to have one of the most obnoxious fan bases in all of sports. If I have to pick a ball team, I'd root for the Mets, largely because I played on the Mets during my brief little league career and I currently reside in NY.

NBA is whatever. Haven't watched a game in 5+ years. I reckon I'm a Hornets fan 'cause Kemba Walker plays there.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Just the Bruins. Unfortunately I'm not local.

My other allegiances don't typically conflict with the Sox and Pats so I usually root for them to win unless they're playing my teams

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
Bruins, that's it

Same. Cheered for the Sox when they beat the Yankees, cheered for the Pats when the beat the Seahawks. I'm a Bills fan but I respect the Pats. I liked the Celtics when I was a kid but i liked all the big NBA teams of the 80's. Pistons, lakers, Celtics, Bulls, Jazz. But not the Cavs, I just thought they were always sad. :)

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Do UConn sports count as Boston area? :laugh:

The Bruins are the only pro sports team I'm truly invested in. I watch the Pats and casually root for them, but I'm more into football for fantasy than I am for seeing any one team succeed.

I think baseball is dreadfully boring and unentertaining, and really do not care for the Red Sox. The 04 run was cool, but (and I really do not mean to offend) they've grown to have one of the most obnoxious fan bases in all of sports. If I have to pick a ball team, I'd root for the Mets, largely because I played on the Mets during my brief little league career and I currently reside in NY.

NBA is whatever. Haven't watched a game in 5+ years. I reckon I'm a Hornets fan 'cause Kemba Walker plays there.

No. In fact, never. :laugh:

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
Just Bruins. Born in San Diego so I get the privilege of rooting for the Chargers and Padres.

I used to be a big Spurs fan, but I have more fun following players I like in NBA now rather than teams. If I had to pick I'd go Bucks.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Mainly Bruins.

Watching mostly hockey and living out of state, I have differing opinions of the others.

Red Sox - My main team is the Astros, but I always pulled for the Sox during their WS runs. When the Astros switched to the AL it wasn't an issue since they were so bad for so long. But when they meet head-to-head as they did in the playoffs, I pull for the Astros.

Patriots - I don't watch a lot of football, but they are probably my favorite team. For reasons I don't always understand, I pull for the Pats when they play the Texans. Part of it is the obnoxious local fans that think they are so knowledgeable (and aren't), and part of it is the dirty local politics and media agendas that needlessly drove the Oilers out of town.

Celtics - Not a fan; I pulled for the Rockets in both Final appearances. I even have an old VHS tape with Ralph Sampson's profanity after brawling with Sichting.

All that being said, I am happy for everyone on this board when the local Boston teams do well. I more or less avoided the baseball thread when the Sox and Astros were playing, as I know this is a Boston board.

I'll also add, I've wondered how I'll feel should the Coyotes move here. I've already started following them just in case. But I can't see them ever supplanting the Bruins as my #1 team.

Last edited:

Jdavidev

Jul 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Native of Rochester, New York, I chose the Red Sox during the '86 series because my older brother was a Mets fans and loved Roger Clemens. I always had to pick a different team than him. He is a Sabres and Bills fan, I became a Bruins fan because of Neely & Bourque. A Bears fan because of Payton & Jim McMahon. They were all good in the 80's, reaching the finals or winning, getting exposure for an impressionable kid like me in western NY. Don't follow baseketball.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00