OT: How many Boston teams are you a fan of?

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Bruins

Steelers

Red Sox

Used to love the Portland Trail Blazers and Clyde "the glide" Drexler back in the day, but lost my love of basketball when the Mailman, MJ, Bird, Dominique Wilkins left the game.

Hate hate hate the Patroits, probably because they are so good.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Same. Cheered for the Sox when they beat the Yankees, cheered for the Pats when the beat the Seahawks. I'm a Bills fan but I respect the Pats. I liked the Celtics when I was a kid but i liked all the big NBA teams of the 80's. Pistons, lakers, Celtics, Bulls, Jazz. But not the Cavs, I just thought they were always sad. :)

I do cheer for the Sox over the Yankees. I have never minded the Sox. The Patriots I respect, like watching them play and like them the best of the football dynasties other than maybe the old Montana led Niners crew.

Basketball I liked the Celtics when they played the Lakers but generally rooted for Dr J and the Sixerd back then. I also liked the Drazen Petrovic Nets

Reactions: RustyBruins72

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Born in Boston,went to school in Boston,lived in the same house in Boston for 38 years,moved to a Boston suburb,but brothers are still in Boston. It all adds up to being a Boston Sports fan,noone else!

Reactions: Melrose Munch

Mistah Ungah

Mar 19, 2018
Amorica
Hockey is the only game I am seriously invested in, therefore Bruins only. When the other Boston teams win, I'm happy for them, but I only live and breathe Bruins. There is no game like hockey, and no team like the B's as far as I'm concerned.

I grew up in an interesting family dynamic: my dad is a motorhead with little-to-no interest in sports, and my mom was the rabid fan of all teams Boston. I took to hockey at a very young age like a fish takes to water. Thanks, mom!

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
Surprisingly I am a Boston fan sports.

I am a fan of the Bruins..Bruins since the Nords are gome, bruins were my second tesm... because of the blue collar type of team. Pats because i am a huge Bill fan and i just like that team. Red sox... since I am a kid in the Americaine league cause in the National it use to be the Expos. First it was because of the jersey which i think are still the baseball best. Finally I think i am a fan of the City of Boston. Beautiful and it is not far from home.

Basket though my team is the Raptors and in soccer it is Montreal Impact.

Reactions: Pay Carl

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
Bruins

Bears

-

-
Being Canadian picked a hockey team back in the late 60s and Bobby Orr drew me in and never left .
Love to have all the Patriots winning but Walter Payton was my guy and will always love Da Bears .

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Surprisingly I am a Boston fan sports.

I am a fan of the Bruins..Bruins since the Nords are gome, bruins were my second tesm... because of the blue collar type of team. Pats because i am a huge Bill fan and i just like that team. Red sox... since I am a kid in the Americaine league cause in the National it use to be the Expos. First it was because of the jersey which i think are still the baseball best. Finally I think i am a fan of the City of Boston. Beautiful and it is not far from home.

Basket though my team is the Raptors and in soccer it is Montreal Impact.

When I was a kid, we used to go up to Laval and play in a tournament there every other year (and they'd come down to us every other year), and the kids we stayed with were all Nordiques fans. Funny how a lot of the kids I knew from there turned to the Bruins instead of the Canadiens once that team moved. I get it though. If you hate the Scabs, it's really hard to start rooting for them just because of geography.

TheFerenceWheel

The Excellence of Execution
May 2, 2011
South Shore, MA
1. Bruins
2. Patriots

3. Red Sox (used to be higher but baseball has become such a struggle to actually pay attention to unless your at the game)

4. Celtics (Not much of an NBA fan)

Soccer is god awful so dont care for the Revs. Also don't watch any college sports.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Just the Mets which is guess is odd. Usually old people like me grow up rooting for the locals.

Hated the Giants, hated the Rangers more.

Being from New England and having all the old timers be Giants fans, I feel your pain. Hated them with a passion when I was growing up.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Being from New England and having all the old timers be Giants fans, I feel your pain. Hated them with a passion when I was growing up.

The maras are revered for being something they aren't. From looking the other way on Lawrence Taylor for a decade, to the josh brown stuff, to the Manning benching,,,OBJ now.

Never could take the arrogance. The Rangers I just hated. Yankees I actually enjoyed Reggie Jackson as a baseball fan, it was my sport so I watched all I could, but really loved the Mets because they were the team I went to see live all the time. I almost dumped them when they dealt Seaver. As an 8 year old I had no idea how that could happen (still don't)

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Bruins, though defected to NY Rangers while living in NY for ten years. Returned home and begged forgiveness and became STH for 15 years.

Red Sox #2. Originally Boston Braves fan 'till they broke my heart and moved to Milwaukee.

Patriots though they don't belong to Boston. Saw them as Boston Patriots at Braves Field.

Celtics at least for the last three minutes of a game.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Bruins, and that's it.

Baseball, I'm an Orioles fan, would watch them in the playoffs, but don't really follow them during the year except to check the standings or watch an occasional game if they happen to be on.

Football, I haven't followed the NFL since I was in middle school. It's just not the same game for me.

Basketball, eeeewwww. No thanks.

Soccer, golf, etc..... No thanks.

Hockey all the way for me.

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
Always been Bruins first fan then probably the Pats who I started watching when Plunkett was QB but I was a little young to really remember him. I remember Grogan clearly though and is still my favorite Pats QB, that’s right...Steve “The Neck” Grogan over Brady! Big Celtic fan from the late 70s til the mid 90s then I stopped watching.

Used to be a huge Sox fan dating back to the 70s but winning has kind of ruined it. I still watch baseball and the Sox (sometimes) but for me, the article of Bill Murray’s quotes today sums up how I feel about the Sox. We are as bad as Skankee fans and that is positively 100% true. 2004 will always be one of my favorite moments, it was incredible but since 2007 onward, I am ashamed to be associated with Sox fans.

All I really watch are Bruin and Pats games these days.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Just the Mets which is guess is odd. Usually old people like me grow up rooting for the locals.

Hated the Giants, hated the Rangers more.
Lou I picture the Ron Greschner hair and in each arm sporting a hottie

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK

The Giant thing...yeah, it was weird until I got older and understood it. They were the team pre-1960 in New England and I don’t expect those fans to swap sides just because the Pats were founded. It would be like me swapping alliances after I moved away from MA.. Unacceptable on my part, and would make me a fair weather fan. I don’t begrudge Giant fans in NE.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
When I was a kid, we used to go up to Laval and play in a tournament there every other year (and they'd come down to us every other year), and the kids we stayed with were all Nordiques fans. Funny how a lot of the kids I knew from there turned to the Bruins instead of the Canadiens once that team moved. I get it though. If you hate the Scabs, it's really hard to start rooting for them just because of geography.
Right. But I have a hate and hate relationship with the scabs. I hated them before the Nords, because of the fans and media arrogance while they were winning everything... and afterward with the Nords arrival, i hated them more. Boston always had that family blue collar teams.

But at the same time for francophone of Maurice Richard era, the habs have been socially important for our community.

Alot of my Nords fan became Boston fans. In Quebec City after the habs it is Pittsburgh (Crosby) Boston (always has been and more now with PB) and Philly (because of the As and Bobby Clarke).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad