OT: How many Boston teams are you a fan of?

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007
Just a bit of fun, how many Boston teams do you support besides the Bruins? All of them? Just the Sox and Pats, just the Celtics? Not a pats fan? Tell me. Reason why is I have family in Boston area and they support the Pats and Sox, not so much the celtics unless there is a playoff run, so I was interested.

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
Celtics & Bruins, cheer for Pats once Raiders are eliminated & cheer for Red Sox if Blue Jays are eliminated

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
I grew up in a sports family. My Dad played them all and I played em all. My parents are voracious newspaper readers and so were my grandparents. Pretty positive my mother has more up to date knowledge of the sports teams than some who claim they're fans. And she doesn't even like watching sports alot, she just knows. It's hilarious. It's just the way it is around here sometimes.

I took a liking to hockey the most. My order is Bruins, Pats, Sox and Celts. I keep tabs on the goings on, but the only regular seasons I consistently watch are Bruins and Pats. Sox and Celts are sparingly, only so much time in a day. Plus baseball is a chore to watch, love to play it, but there are better ways to spend summer nights than 4 hours of watching baseball. It's great "background" entertainment.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Bruins, Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics in the Playoffs.

My love of basketball spoiled after the refereeing scandal and all that was revealed. Not that it wasn't obvious what was going on before.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
From Canada - Bruins obviously. I actually used to be both Celtics and Red Sox fans for a bit, however I was young and never watched much of either sports. At this point it's only Bruins for me. Vikings, Twins and Raptors for the other sports.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Patriots and Red Sox for me. I used to be a Celtics fan growing up (I guess I kind of still am), but I don't follow the NBA very often. I can withstand maybe 3-5 minutes of an actual game before I have to watch something else. Between all the violations not called, the flopping and the need to showboat, I have very little interest in basketball.

Patriots I'll watch most games, but if I miss one oh well
Sox I watched religiously as kid, but now I might catch a few innings a week

Its kind of funny, but growing up the B's were the team that I checked in on and now they're the only team that watch every time they play, from start to finish.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
I just can’t get into Basketball.
It’s fun to play. But I don’t enjoy watching it.
Baseball, I’d rather be in the stadium or listen on the radio.

Bruin1970

Feb 23, 2018
Just a bit of fun, how many Boston teams do you support besides the Bruins? All of them? Just the Sox and Pats, just the Celtics? Not a pats fan? Tell me. Reason why is I have family in Boston area and they support the Pats and Sox, not so much the celtics unless there is a playoff run, so I was interested.

Bruins

Pats

Celtics

Sox

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Used to be a hardcore fan of all of them throughout the 70s and 80s. Had a Celtics shrine in one of the rooms in my house essentially. Still name my pets after Red Sox greats of the 70s. Fenway is where I learned to run smack at opposing players as a kid. Still vividly remember sitting behind the Royal's dugout at Fenway and chirping a very young George Brett every time he came off the field. Got sick of the NBA in the 90s due to all the shenanigans and have never regained interest. Baseball games got too damn long somewhere along the way and it is now hard for me to maintain interest for 9 innings. Still watch the Pats from time to time, but the NFL in general is nothing near the fun it used to be to watch and follow for me. I'm happy when any of the Boston sports teams do well, but I don't follow and watch them (Red Sox, Pats, Celtics) anywhere close to as much as I used to. Age and time commitments probably factor into some of that as well.

Bruins are a different story. Fell in love with them 40+ years ago and am just as hardcore a fan now as ever. Not necessarily a fan of the direction the NHL is going in certain respects, but still a mega fan of the Bs and the sport in general.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Only the Bruins for me. I also cheer for the LA Rams, Liverpool FC and Notre Dame football.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Used to be a hardcore fan of all of them throughout the 70s and 80s. Had a Celtics shrine in one of the rooms in my house essentially. Still name my pets after Red Sox greats of the 70s. Fenway is where I learned to run smack at opposing players as a kid. Still vividly remember sitting behind the Royal's dugout at Fenway and chirping a very young George Brett every time he came off the field. Got sick of the NBA in the 90s due to all the shenanigans and have never regained interest. Baseball games got too damn long somewhere along the way and it is now hard for me to maintain interest for 9 innings. Still watch the Pats from time to time, but the NFL in general is nothing near the fun it used to be to watch and follow for me. I'm happy when any of the Boston sports teams do well, but I don't follow and watch them (Red Sox, Pats, Celtics) anywhere close to as much as I used to. Age and time commitments probably factor into some of that as well.

Bruins are a different story. Fell in love with them 40+ years ago and am just as hardcore a fan now as ever. Not necessarily a fan of the direction the NHL is going in certain respects, but still a mega fan of the Bs and the sport in general.

Pretty much this ^^^. I've seen, heard and witnessed so much in 60 years of it all but the team that has always captivated me is the Bruins. I have friends who put the B's down but love the other teams more. I hear shots taken at the Bruins on the radio where they pretty much laugh at the Bruins during the down times or during the season but then during the playoffs they try to figure it all out and sound as though they know hockey and it disgusts me. I HATE "Sweet Caroline" and Pink hat dinks who take pictures of themselves holding a glass of Chablis at Fenway with their "besties." Bruins fans are heart and soul, old time hockey, win or lose, honest hockey fans (for the most part :D) !

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
I watch the bruins and Pats the most, Sox a fair deal and pretty much only care about the Celtics if it's nba finals. Northeastern is my college hockey team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->