Speculation: How do we "fix" things going forward?

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Maybe.....but just for context, MacEwen is playing regular minutes with the Flyers, a team light-years better than the Canucks right now. And Vigneault is raving about him. And I have no idea what Gadjovich is doing with the Sharks, but they seemed to value him as well.

'Toughness may be overrated'.....but when you lose what little toughness you have for nothing, it's hard to conclude that it's not another front office screw-up.

Some good points. My point is that toughness is over rated if your team is built for skill. If you are a skilled team and not tough you let the other teams get their extra punches and slashes in. Then milk them on the PP.

other teams are built to play in corners and outside of the whistles which typically gets the other teams skilled players to disappear.

just depends on how you’re built. We are neither.

Reactions: David Bruce Banner

sticknrink

Aug 17, 2006
London
I don't think I've ever seen a team in any of the PRO sports outside of maybe soccer to create a championship team by signing free agents as their core.

There's no fix other than waiting for all the poor contracts to expire and work on developing and drafting better. Unfortunately, we have ownership or management that willingly keeps doing things like the Errikson, Sutter or OEL contracts.

Reactions: MarkMM

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad