How did Panarin for Saad work out?

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
It hasn't gone well for Chicago, clearly. Things didn't pick up where they left off for Toews and Saad. But it's probably only 3rd on the list of issues for Chicago this season. And it's one that might just sort itself out.

1- Defensive is in shambles. Seabrook has been a disaster, Hjalmarsson is missed terribly, Murphy hasn't been dependable, Keith can't do it all by himself.
2- Crawford injury. There is no dependable backup goalie, there's also no potential future starter, Crawford's injuries might be a long term concern, and the team will lose most games without him.
3- Toews/Saad not producing. They're top forwards. They need to show up on the scoresheet.

Reactions: Thrive

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
It’s a situation where the Hawks would have a much better record with Panarin but still not be a contender and possibly still out of the playoffs. Now the truth comes out that the Hawks have been ass since the 15 Cup and they can scrape the bottom for a couple years, get a couple blue chip prospects and start the next era. Maybe they can sign Panarin as a UFA, he could be the Hossa signing 2.0.

dkhockey

May 27, 2007
Europe
Panarin was one of the best in the league, but was too fragile in the playoffs supposedly according to management so it was time to return the old guard, and get Saad back. Now the Hawks who had playoff trouble with Panarin won't even come close to making the playoffs with Saad. How do you think the management feels now?
hawks should have kept panarin and Teravainen.... instead they kept the worthless Patrick Sharp....what were they thinking ???

Reactions: haveandare

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Hasn't been great for Hawks obviously but it's one year. Saad is signed for 3 more, while Panarin is signer for just 1 more. That is certainly part of the reason the deal was made, from the Hawks perspective as Panarin is going to be getting new paper after this year.

puckIuck

Jan 11, 2018
The hawks got swept and embarrassed last year with Panarin and Hossa on the team. Hawks fans don't seem to want to admit it but their core players are past their prime.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Chicago has this bringing-the-band-back-together thing going so they have gotten Sharp, Campbell and Saad back. They obviously put value on having players they know work in the room.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Chicago has this bringing-the-band-back-together thing going so they have gotten Sharp, Campbell and Saad back. They obviously put value on having players they know work in the room.
They can value whatever they want, but if the team isn't better with those guys and they're getting the short end of those deals, they're bad moves no matter what.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Chicago management is a nostalgic mess.

Yea they definitely over-corrected. Last yr they were the best team in the West and got beat by the SC Finalists.

Then they can their AHL coach. Then they start shipping guys out: Hjalmarrsonn and Panarin. Those are MAJOR shake up moves you make when your team is on the bubble.

Again they had a pretty good record last year and now they really jacked things up long and short term

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
He has been dominant. Easily the best forward on Columbus this year and.... ever. He literally makes a ‘jaw dropping’ play almost every time he steps on the ice. Chicago absolutely gifted us with him
and Jarmo absolutely fleeced the Hawks.

Artemi’s been on a tear lately. Last 13 games... 16 points.

ioqdeb.jpg

Some people will say Bob is the team’s MVP but for me, it’s Bread. Hands down.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Hopefully Columbus can re-sign Panarin. It would be a shame if he just walks after 2 seasons. You can see how important he is to the team, especially a team that's at times offensively challenged. Without him they would've fallen down like the Oilers.

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
What's worse for Chi in the bigger picture is that they also dropped wizard Teuvo. 21 goals, 35 asissts and 56 points at the moment in 70 games and the only Canes forward with a positive plus|minus rating. If Chi still had Teuvo they could do way better line combos.

But no, he wasn't a "Quenneville type of player"...

He stunk without the puck and shied away from contact in the playoffs. If he's improved on that, congrats.

Richardbro

Jul 22, 2009
Toronto
Kane and Panarin had unbelievable chemistry and the trade brought Kane from an mvp winning 100+ point winger back to a 80 point winger. Getting rid of Panarin definitely hurt the hawks but I think losing Crawford this year to injury would have lost them a playoff spot regardless.

Having Panarin though would put them at least 10 points up in the standings right now though.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Was going to pick Saad in a bunch of pools this year because I thought he was poised for a huge year but got sniped in every single draft. Didn’t really matter much for me though

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
I don't miss Panarin but Saad kind of sucks.

I started to tire of Panarin's dangling ways last season anyway, so I didn't mind him going. But I expected more from Saad. I wanted the 2013 take-no-prisoners kid who had a special kind of drive and energy. Not this highly paid man who thinks he is a "star" and gets paid like one.

Reactions: Jackets Fan

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
Hopefully Columbus can re-sign Panarin. It would be a shame if he just walks after 2 seasons. You can see how important he is to the team, especially a team that's at times offensively challenged. Without him they would've fallen down like the Oilers.
Was going to like this before that last sentence lol. I just keep wondering what kind of season Panarin (along with Wennberg & Atkinson) would have had, if the trade went down a year early. 192g in 71 games so far this season, compared to 247 in 82 games last year.

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
Sooner the better, with the scoring slump going on with CBJ, might be able to get him cheap. And If he see's CBJ as contenders over the next few years, might even take a discount.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad