Rumor: Horvat Rumblings 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RutherPlan

Jan 2, 2022
They have basically an entire Defense to either Sign or trade for
They have no extra money for Horvat

They have approximately 10.5 million to sign Horvat + 2 defenceman. That can trade 1 or 2 players or buy them out and be fine for next season. Then the cap will jump significantly in 2024-2025.

If you think Canucks are going to fix the entire defence this upcoming off-season, you're going to be disappointed. It's going to take two years to rebuild the defence.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Our owners hate each other, I doubt any trade happens.

I think this gets overplayed a bit, sure they hate each other but neither is going to turn down either Horvat for a playoff run or a good prospect/picks for the future. If it is the best package and it makes sense, I think both teams go for it.

I don't see why either owner this many years later would deny a trade with the other team when Dallas and Vancouver have made deals with each other like Jason Dickinson.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Any interest in Heinola and Lambert?
Yeah, i like them both.
However i don't think they're real blue-chip pieces and considering Horvat's year, Van is likely looking for more of a sure-bet blue chip prospect. I'd put them both in the category just below that.
Not a horrible offer though and at the end of the day, HOrvat's value is literally the best offer.... so who knows.

Those 2 are not in the same universe when it comes to value.

One is a 19-year-old on pace for a 20-goal season and the other is 22-year-old defensive pest who does the dirty work for a line. Johnston is worth a ton more than Dellandrea
Yeah, as a Canucks fan, i'd ask for Johnston but settle for Della if they counter.

nergish

Jun 1, 2019
Just so fans around the league understand… Bo Horvat is having a top 10 individual season in our franchise history.

Add that to his longstanding place in the community, it’s going to be devastating for us in Vancouver to lose this guy.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Just so fans around the league understand… Bo Horvat is having a top 10 individual season in our franchise history.

Add that to his longstanding place in the community, it’s going to be devastating for us in Vancouver to lose this guy.
Not only that, he's excellent on the dot and a bonafide top 6 center

Sinistril

Oct 26, 2008

Not true that he's having a Top 10 individual season in Canucks history tho...

Reactions: Coach Parker

Petey But Really Jim

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
I think New Jersey should be aggressively chasing Hughes. They are really good. They should be pushing to win the Stanley Cup right now. Quinn Hughes would help them get that much closer to that goal, and let’s say they don’t win it this year but maybe win it next year or the year after that, they will have three brothers in the same lineup, and that is a pretty legendary thing. Stuff like that matters in the real world, if not on here where everyone is running around cosplaying Kyle Dubas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad