Rumor: Horvat Rumblings 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
How do the Devils make any sense for Horvat? They already have a nasty 1C-2C duo between Hughes and Hischier and I don't recall Horvat ever playing wing in the NHL. If he was comfortable on the wing, putting him with Hughes and having Horvat take faceoffs would make sense, but I don't know if that's the case with Horvat.

Seattle makes a boatload of sense to go after Horvat, but who knows if the Canucks will trade him in the division.

DevilsHughes86

Dance with the Devil
Mar 6, 2007
Laval
How do the Devils make any sense for Horvat? They already have a nasty 1C-2C duo between Hughes and Hischier and I don't recall Horvat ever playing wing in the NHL.

Seattle makes a boatload of sense to go after Horvat, but who knows if the Canucks will trade him in the division.
Ya very surprised to hear this, Devils priority should be Meier

Last edited:

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
So, unless I am missing someone, Vancouver media has indicated the following teams are interested in Horvat:

Boston
Buffalo
Calgary
Colorado
Columbus
Dallas
Detroit
Edmonton
Las Vegas
Los Angeles
Minnesota
Montreal
Nashville
New Jersey
NYIslanders
NYRangers
Ottawa
Pittsburgh
Seattle
Tampa Bay
Toronto
Washington
Winnipeg

And I bet if he does not get traded to one of those teams he will be locked up by the Canucks

GUARANTEED

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
How do the Devils make any sense for Horvat? They already have a nasty 1C-2C duo between Hughes and Hischier and I don't recall Horvat ever playing wing in the NHL. If he was comfortable on the wing, putting him with Hughes and having Horvat take faceoffs would make sense, but I don't know if that's the case with Horvat.

If Horvat can play wing, it makes a little more sense. But yeah, overall, most Devils fans are pretty baffled as to why they’ve consistently been mentioned in these Horvat rumors

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
NJ has allegedly been in on every single VAN player since the new regime took over. VAN apparently wanted Zacha last season. I presume VAN wants a first round pick and a good prospect for Horvat. it seems premature for NJ to go that route for just a rental but this may just be VAN trying to drum up more interest based on some casual conversations like last year.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
If Horvat can play wing, it makes a little more sense. But yeah, overall, most Devils fans are pretty baffled as to why they’ve consistently been mentioned in these Horvat rumors

Yeah honestly I think Haula is a perfect fit for that "winger who takes faceoffs" role with Hughes anyway, so I don't think that role is important enough to warrant acquiring Horvat.

Palat-Hischier-Bratt and Haula-Hughes-Trade should be what the Devils target IMO. Hischier gets the better winger duo because he's worse than Hughes, but it would still be useful to give Hughes another legit top-6 guy.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015

Hughes 33% FO% may be a reason why. He is an elite centre, but he can't win face-offs. Plus a team that is 3 centres deep will generally go further. helps roll 3 lines to stay fresh, and a back up if one gets injured.

Horvat is also shown to be a playoff beast when the Canucks made the show. Teams want proven playoff performers.

Reactions: CanuckCity

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
To the Stars for Thomas Harley + 2024 1st (edit per BB88) feels fair. Add a conditional 2023 2nd round pick if they make the WCF.

Last edited:

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
Yeah honestly I think Haula is a perfect fit for that "winger who takes faceoffs" role with Hughes anyway, so I don't think that role is important enough to warrant acquiring Horvat.

Palat-Hischier-Bratt and Haula-Hughes-Trade should be what the Devils target IMO. Hischier gets the better winger duo because he's worse than Hughes, but it would still be useful to give Hughes another legit top-6 guy.
I don't know...he's probably killed quite a few goals being on Jack's wing.

I think most would prefer Timo, but I get why they would look at Bo.

I just don't have a ton of interest in Bo because he's a pure rental.

Warh1ppy

Feb 14, 2018
More rumblings than my tummy after eating the food at Rogers arena with a lot less actual substance

• Haha
Reactions: kevistar

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Hughes 33% FO% may be a reason why. He is an elite centre, but he can't win face-offs. Plus a team that is 3 centres deep will generally go further. helps roll 3 lines to stay fresh, and a back up if one gets injured.

Horvat is also shown to be a playoff beast when the Canucks made the show. Teams want proven playoff performers.

Doesn’t matter if Horvat can’t play wing, though.

You’re right that Hughes is awful at faceoffs, but he’s still firmly a center. If Horvat can be a great player on the wing, he makes a lot of sense to be a winger that takes faceoffs. I’m just not aware of a time where he has played wing in the NHL.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
Doesn’t matter if Horvat can’t play wing, though.

You’re right that Hughes is awful at faceoffs, but he’s still firmly a center. If Horvat can be a great player on the wing, he makes a lot of sense to be a winger that takes faceoffs. I’m just not aware of a time where he has played wing in the NHL.
Horvats game is well suited to convert to wing. Can take the face-offs for Hughes. He can also replace your 3c when needed in order to even out play time so the coach can rest star players (like Horvat, Hughes, Hischier, etc) and still win games down the stretch.

From NJD I would want their 1st and Mukhamadullin, and then management probably wants a young roster player as well.

Reactions: oceanchild

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
So, unless I am missing someone, Vancouver media has indicated the following teams are interested in Horvat:

Boston
Buffalo
Calgary
Colorado
Columbus
Dallas
Detroit
Edmonton
Las Vegas
Los Angeles
Minnesota
Montreal
Nashville
New Jersey
NYIslanders
NYRangers
Ottawa
Pittsburgh
Seattle
Tampa Bay
Toronto
Washington
Winnipeg

And I bet if he does not get traded to one of those teams he will be locked up by the Canucks

GUARANTEED
insider stuff right here!

Reactions: kevistar

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
Yeah, lineup wise, Horvat doesn't make sense for New Jersey.

Them being repeatedly linked to Meier discussions, on the other hand, makes sense.

Reactions: DaveG

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Canucks need a young RH shot C and some D prospects
Harley, Laaksonen, and one of Johnston/Dellandrea for Horvat 50% retained

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
The reason Vancouver media is so obsessed with the Devils is because they’re rich with assets. We have a really good young core and prospect pool.

I’m not bragging. We sucked for years to get those assets.

Vancouver has one of the worst prospect pools and is need of a retool (probably scorched earth really).
Vancouver media is obsessed with almost every other NHL team because they have better assets than the Canucks..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad