Horvat: “Yeah, that's definitely a no-go on the road. No more Fortnite.”

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
I really don't grasp why this would possibly be something for people to get heated over. A team that sucks is trying something different. Likely it won't impact anything but who cares. If the basic premise is that there will be more on the road camaraderie by stopping players from playing Fortnite then that seems intuitively true to some small degree, but it's not going to fix Vancouver's problem - lack of talent.

What's funny is that Vancouver will still be a bad team and then people are going to troll them and say: "maybe you guys should be playing more video games"

Basically the approach to all of this was dumb by Bo. Bad optics and I'm sure he regrets answering the question the way he did and letting what goes on inside the lockerroom, leak out

Reactions: Mrb1p

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Anyone else notices how only one side in this debate keeps piling up on the insults for the other side and at the same time claims all mature people totally agree with them?

Reactions: Mrb1p and izzy

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
Awesome response by Laine. Bo Horvat shouldn't have mentioned this because now they're going to face a lot of smack talk from opposing players, and it's probably going to get on a lot of people's nerves.

Banning video games on the road isn't a bad idea at all, though. If you're travelling around the country (whether you're an athlete or average Joe), go see sites and experience the cities when you get time. Gaming should be the last thing on your mind when travelling.

CascadiaPuck

Proud Canucks investor.
Jan 13, 2010
Vancouver
Anyone else notices how only one side in this debate keeps piling up on the insults for the other side and at the same time claims all mature people totally agree with them?

I agree that name-calling and insults are not productive. And neither is patronizing behavior towards people based on their age. That said, having read through this whole thread, it's pretty clear that no "side" has a monopoly on these behaviors.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Didn’t the Flames trade Hamilton cause he decided to go to a meuseum instead of going out for drinks with the boys or something?
no. they traded him because he didn't want to play fortnite with the boys.

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
But they still get to game when they're at home.. don't understand the big deal. Also I agree there's more to do in these NHL cities than to be locked up in your room playing a friggin video game by yourself.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
Banning video games on the road isn't a bad idea at all, though. If you're travelling around the country (whether you're an athlete or average Joe), go see sites and experience the cities when you get time.

No museums though, can’t have players that hang out in places like that. Just go drinking like everyone else if you know what’s good for you.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
One of these things is not like the others…

A dopamine release? Something to enjoy doing after work? Something you enjoy doing with friends? Something you binge out on sometimes? A hobby? A habbit? An addiction?

Which one is not like the others? You might need to take a hard look in the mirror if you deny it friend.

Again, your talking to an avid gamer, and a casual drinker/drug user here... If you cant be honest with yourself, who can you be honest with?

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Elder scrolls and Fallout are bad games that require you to waste just so many hours of your time.

Far more immersive then anything Fortnite offers. That's why little kids love fortnite. Its mindless entertainment that requires zero critical thinking.

Reactions: Coffey

Bonzo111

Leafs Fan
Oct 31, 2017
Canaderp
I could see some of the young guys sitting in their hotel room all night vidding out while others are sight seeing, bonding, eating together etc. I get it. Maybe it was creating distance between players.

Reactions: Frank Drebin

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
So what's Bo gonna do if he catches someone gaming? Beat them up?

I wanted to be a pro hockey player growing up. Thank god I wasn't good enough. Hockey is filled with insufferable *****ebags and a trash culture.

"Come shotgun beers and creep women out at the bar with us or you're not a good teammate", lol **** off.
Professional athletes creeping women out at the bar, shotgunning beers.

It's so accurate it's like I'm there.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
It completely matters what you play, Some of the most enjoyable moments I had growing up was being in a raid with a bunch of close friends taking hrs/days too kill a boss, the relief and jubilation was fun as hell, and created some great long time memories.
Being a different, or in your opinion, better, game doesn't make it less of a waste of time to me.

Each to their own.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
A dopamine release? Something to enjoy doing after work? Something you enjoy doing with friends? Something you binge out on sometimes? A hobby? A habbit? An addiction?

You would literally die if you consume too much alcohol/drugs, sounds like a pretty major difference to me. But by all means, please educate us how video games are just as deadly.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Far more immersive then anything Fortnite offers. That's why little kids love fortnite. Its mindless entertainment that requires zero critical thinking.
And one is far more competitive and requires much more skills to play, and strategy when you attain higher levels.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
You would literally die if you consume too much alcohol/drugs, sounds like a pretty major difference to me. But by all means, please educate us how video games are just as deadly.
I agree, but you know you can quote while using the reply button on the bottom right side of the message, right ?

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I agree that name-calling and insults are not productive. And neither is patronizing behavior towards people based on their age. That said, having read through this whole thread, it's pretty clear that no "side" has a monopoly on these behaviors.
I have to agree, there has been a fair amount of disrespectful behavior from both sides.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Lol at Laine's comment. Clearly he is a gamer.

If i was Horvat id come back with

" if i played or lived in Winnepeg id stay inside and just play video games all day and night too"

sexydonut

May 12, 2009
You SHOULD prohibit players from playing video games when they should be practicing, or sleeping.

But even the busiest, best adjusted people have downtime. Why would you ban people from video games when they are on a bus, or waiting in an airport, or when they are on a plane? Might as well ban magazines in doctors' waiting rooms.

Oliewud

May 13, 2013
Travis green just came out and said he had nothing to do with it. Theres no ban. Just some mature players in a locker room trying to create more comradery.

I'm a huge gamer that sees nothing wrong with this. Some of the responses in here make me lose hope for humanity.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
The Hawks played lots of video games during their 3 cup runs.. Idk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad